Cricket Player Manager
Page 147 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 15016
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Was still waiting to hear the outcry of sympathy in this thread towards Alan Jones...

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Was still waiting to hear the outcry of sympathy in this thread towards Alan Jones...
    Has he blamed it on a Muslim yet?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Mum always said "If you keep playing with it, it'll get swollen".
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    For those who have heard about the situation of Dennis Ferguson (those in Queensland would know), what is your take of it? As it stands he hasn't been convicted of sexually assaulting a five year girl, and the Judge presiding over the case announced that he can't face trial to the likely hood that he won't get a fair trial and that he was wrongly identified as the attacker. Now in the town of Miles, locals are protesting outside where he is living to have him moved on the basis that he is likely to re-offend.

The way I look at it, if you can't lock him up without a trial (then we may as well become a dictatorship otherwise), then he has to live somewhere, so where is he meant to live? On a deserted island. That said I still think what he has done is heinous enough and is scum. Do we lock up people for that have done in the past, not what they haven't done now (allegedly or not)?
    You can't lock him up again, as much as he's a shocking person.

Unfortunately, no one in the media thinks about ramifications like this when they report things. And, TBF to the media in this case, it's probably fair to say a hell of a lot of people wanted to know that this bloke was no where near them.

Horrible vigilante stuff going on up there now they've found him, apparently.

Someone on another forum started a thread with the title "Cancer has Alan Jones". I had to stifle a chuckle...

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Someone on another forum started a thread with the title "Cancer has Alan Jones". I had to stifle a chuckle...

Looking forward to the start of 'The Hollowmen' this Wednesday night (I think). Another Working Dog production, should be quite funny.

A friend of mine suggested the Federal Government should give rebates for people to convert their cars to LPG, in the way the QLD State Government did for people who got water tanks installed. At $1500 (according to what I have been told, so the price could vary) it isn't too bad, because it will pay for itself in the long run, but obviously $1500 is a lot of money for the majority of people (middle income families for example) so it might price them out of the market to change it, but if you can save at least $100 a month or even more you get your money back in less then 18 months.

I can't vouch for other places but the going rate for LPG is about 69.9c per litre, so your saving almost $0.90 a litre, or even more in some cases.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

...because, as Ross Garnaut says, if Australia does not act NOW the Barrier Reef will be destroyed. Whereas, if we act right NOW, we can reduce world emmissions by 1.3% (assuming we stop driving and use no electricity) and therefore save the Great Barrier Reef single-handedly.

A friend of mine suggested the Federal Government should give rebates for people to convert their cars to LPG, in the way the QLD State Government did for people who got water tanks installed. At $1500 (according to what I have been told, so the price could vary) it isn't too bad, because it will pay for itself in the long run, but obviously $1500 is a lot of money for the majority of people (middle income families for example) so it might price them out of the market to change it, but if you can save at least $100 a month or even more you get your money back in less then 18 months.

I can't vouch for other places but the going rate for LPG is about 69.9c per litre, so your saving almost $0.90 a litre, or even more in some cases.
    Already doing that ITBT... have been since March last year IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Bob Hawke is on the ABC tonight.

Is it him, or Max Gillies?

I thought there already were rebates for converting to LPG...or was that something different?

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    there are rebates for installing water tanks for your home...not sure if that outside NSW but
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

I agree with this.

Much better to have a small carbon tax charged directly by the Government, rather than an ETS, and the admin (measuring emissions, monitoring what is passed onto consumers, trading permits etc) that comes with it. The proceeds from such a tax could be invested and distributed as research grants, into the development of new technologies. In the end, climate change is something that will be solved by technology, not by consumers running around switching their unused lights off, and kidding themselves that such a thing makes a grain of difference.

Thread Information