Cricket Player Manager
Page 101 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 15016
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Although, I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist when it comes to the oil...I think the only reason an alternative option hasn't been found now is that there's too many people benefiting from the sale of oil and it's big business. I have heard of other options being raised that haven't seemed to see the light of day so...I think we'll be ok.
    Afraid I'm more cynical than that. Your argument about why an alternative hasn't been found is correct, but your believe there are alternatives already ready to go is wrong. People are, in fact, simply so dumb and greedy in a short-term way, that they're selling everyone's future. Its like mutual autoerotic asphyxiation and no-one seems willing to use their safe word...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Afraid I'm more cynical than that. Your argument about why an alternative hasn't been found is correct, but your believe there are alternatives already ready to go is wrong. People are, in fact, simply so dumb and greedy in a short-term way, that they're selling everyone's future. Its like mutual autoerotic asphyxiation and no-one seems willing to use their safe word...
    I've heard about electric vehicles that actually perform close to what we have now...I think there was even a show on tv here where one of them was demonstrated and it went ok. I'm not sure how long it lasted though...I have a feeling it was about 8 hours before recharge. I'd assume that this technology will only improve in the next 15 years.

I also heard that there was an alternative fuel available that was not completely oil-free etc but was better for the environment. Apparently it was developed outside the current controlling organisations reach though and a lot of fuel stations refused to make it available unless it was under their control (and thus subject to their own pricing structure I'd imagine)

I just wish I could remember where this info came from...I was told about it in general conversation...

I agree with the greed and stupidity issue though.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

If they'd remained a single issue party, rather than adopting some pretty dubious positions on other issues, I'd be tempted to vote Green at this election. But I disagree with them about pretty much everything except the environment, so...

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Worried about both issues and I'm still probably not doing enough about it. No-one wants to take the time to map out a big plan is the problem. Everyone wants a quick fix, and there isn't one.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering the life of Phil 'The Prince' Hughes

Joe McDonald got a right arse kicking by Kevin Rudd. TBH I would hate the idea of a union coming in telling me that since I'm not in a union I can't work, who gives them the God damn right to do that or tell me to get off the site? They would need to call the police and arrest me before I went anywhere.

I don't care if people want to be in a union, but they have no right to force somebody to join or you don't work. BTW that does happen on building sites for one...
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Thoughts from the NSW residents on the new "on-the-spot" fines?

Seems an interesting idea tbh, i can see the merits in it, but i can also see there are a number of difficulties that could arise from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Missed that one - is there a link?

I've been hearing about it on John Laws this week, but i'll see if i can get a link anyway

EDIT: Here we go

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...941029367.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...26/2071614.htm
    Last edited by Johnners; 26-10-2007 at 09:13 AM.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Sounded like an alright idea at first, but I think it's just Iemma doing something a little bit outside the square to make it look like he has any idea what he's doing (even if it is the foggiest). I think it's the SMH article that I read a few days ago, where they had a kid saying the fines were just going to make him and his mates do even more crap. It's atrocious policy as far as I can see; unless the fines are unaffordable there's no chance that they will have any effect.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

From my understanding the fines will be greater than usual, and according to Mirrors the main reason behind it is to get more police out on the streets, and reduce paperwork.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    I've been hearing about it on John Laws this week, but i'll see if i can get a link anyway

EDIT: Here we go

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...941029367.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...26/2071614.htm
    That's a concern

Nah, Lawsy is gun.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Jesus Clapo. Give yourself a kick in the arse, son.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    He's a 60 year old in a 20 something year old body.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Have to agree there - whether he's independent or not is irrelevant to me, I don't like people telling me what to think, which I get the feeling is essentially what people who listen to him do want.

Thread Information