Cricket Player Manager
Page 100 of 999 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 14982
Like Tree310Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Neither of these guys come across too well on the TV. I'd imagine the worm, when either of these guys speak, will go through the bottom of the TV and crawl along the carpet. Anyway, I like Costello. For all his faults, he is incredibly bright (nobody could bluff their way through 11 years of scrutiny as Treasurer) and is one of the few politicians with a killer sense of humour. He also doesn't mind telling a joke at his own expense.
    Yeah, I agree that he's bright and occasionally funny. I think he's got a filthy sense of humour that befits someone without much of a soul, but he pulls off the smarmy arsehole gig quite well and is genuinely funny at times. A bit like Paul Keating in some ways, who is someone I genuinely love even though he's not as close to my political views as many other ALP members I could think of.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Midnight Oil are/were awesome btw. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Will never get enough of "Beds are Burning", great track. The video clip for The Power and The Passion is brilliant too!
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

The hits just keep on comin': http://www.news.com.au/business/stor...-31037,00.html

The whole year is rigged.

Conspiracy on a grand scale.

U19 Debutant
    I think it's pretty safe to say that if November 7 is a bad day for the government, they can start planning for Howard's retirement party.
    Andy, not Nathan. NOT Nathan. My left hand is reserved for lighting cigarettes.

Why isn't oil supplies for the future not a big topic now? It's going to run out eventually or the demand will be simply to great for the supply and everything will be very expensive and we all will be screwed.

Perhaps not as fashionable in the last few years on being 'green'. Most scientists agree (or from what I've seen and heard) that come 2020 things will start to get worse and yet it will come a big topic of interest in a few years and there will not be enough time to make relevant changes.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Yeah, I agree that he's bright and occasionally funny. I think he's got a filthy sense of humour that befits someone without much of a soul, but he pulls off the smarmy arsehole gig quite well and is genuinely funny at times. A bit like Paul Keating in some ways, who is someone I genuinely love even though he's not as close to my political views as many other ALP members I could think of.
    Keating was the master of the political put down. Costello is one of the better apprentices. To illustrate (and yes, I've posted it before):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaLLP4sc_6Q
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Why isn't oil supplies for the future not a big topic now? It's going to run out eventually or the demand will be simply to great for the supply and everything will be very expensive and we all will be screwed.

Perhaps not as fashionable in the last few years on being 'green'. Most scientists agree (or from what I've seen and heard) that come 2020 things will start to get worse and yet it will come a big topic of interest in a few years and there will not be enough time to make relevant changes.
    Peak Oil in 2015 apparently. According to my Geography notes petrol will be $5/litre.

You make a good point.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    Peak Oil in 2015 apparently. According to my Geography notes petrol will be $5/litre.

You make a good point.
    Yeah I think it is just as much of an issue as Global Warming IMO.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar

Isn't this the exact same thing that's happening with energy supplies now (nuclear etc etc)? I'd say what'll probably happen is nothing will be done until it becomes clear something has to be, and then instead of a bunch of alternative options we'll have one which will be continually thrust at us even though it doesn't seem to be a great option.

Although, I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist when it comes to the oil...I think the only reason an alternative option hasn't been found now is that there's too many people benefiting from the sale of oil and it's big business. I have heard of other options being raised that haven't seemed to see the light of day so...I think we'll be ok.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Except, of course, that if we can't run our cars anymore that would actually help global warming.

The current government still believes there's more oil out there yet to be discovered iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    The current government still believes there's more oil out there yet to be discovered iirc.
    Yeah, it's in the oil company's storage sheds being slowly released to us so we think there's a shortage

I just noticed the poll on the school portals

Question: If you could vote in the federal election, who would you vote for?
    Liberal 138 votes (38%)
    Labor 111 votes (31%)
    Greens 69 votes (20%)

You'd think that a lot of that would reflect the way their parents are going to vote. I suppose my school is in the electorate of Ryan which is one of the most comfortable Liberal seats in the country but I still thought the results were very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Yeah, Keating was and still is incredibly passionate. And I welcome former PM's getting into the current day debates - they have much to contribute. The only thing I find a bit sad I guess, is when former PM's really get stuck into the current day politicians on a more direct/personal level. But, by all means, they should feel free to contribute to debate. I respect all former PM's. It's a fantastic achievement to lead the country, no matter what your political stripe.

My favourite Keating moment in Parliament was when Howard re-assumed the leadership in 1995 and Keating said to him: "You can't fool me John, I know where the skeletons are in your closet".

I think, in the same sitting, he said to Downer (who, after standing down in favour of Howard, was no longer sitting in the Opposition Leader's chair) 'how you doing over there curly; old darling".

It's on YouTube somewhere. Cbf looking it up right now.

Same issue largely IMO - we need to find a renewable, non-polluting energy source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Thread Information