Page 51 of 870 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 13043

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

  1. #751
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Regards the signature system. They've become completely irrelevant here due to the introduction of the "Chip and Pin" system. The card just gets shoved into a little box, you press 4 numbers and press enter and you're done.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

  2. #752
    Cricketer Of The Year Adamc's Avatar
    Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    in the wind, so to speak
    Posts
    9,129
    We've got that too, we're not that far behind. It isn't done for purchases on credit though.

  3. #753
    Cricketer Of The Year Kweek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Haarlem, The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Regards the signature system. They've become completely irrelevant here due to the introduction of the "Chip and Pin" system. The card just gets shoved into a little box, you press 4 numbers and press enter and you're done.
    we've had that for like...10 years here in the netherlands, it's brilliant.
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

  4. #754
    International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    3,557
    My flatmate.

    Aside from the fact that she spends most of her time sitting on the sofa like a vast slug mindlessly staring at the E! channel, or the fact that she never reads anything other than Women's Weekly, or that she likes anything played on top-40 radio but hates any music that she's never heard of, is the fact that she endlessly whinges about the weather here. The other day she called Wellington "a ****ing hole". Seriously, you know where the airport is, you cow. Stop bumming me out.

    My other flatmate rules though.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"


  5. #755
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    My flatmate.

    Aside from the fact that she spends most of her time sitting on the sofa like a vast slug mindlessly staring at the E! channel, or the fact that she never reads anything other than Women's Weekly, or that she likes anything played on top-40 radio but hates any music that she's never heard of, is the fact that she endlessly whinges about the weather here. The other day she called Wellington "a ****ing hole". Seriously, you know where the airport is, you cow. Stop bumming me out.

    My other flatmate rules though.
    Did you know her before or was it just a random selection thing?

  6. #756
    International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    3,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Did you know her before or was it just a random selection thing?
    Nope, just answered an ad. Not my fault, honest!

  7. #757
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    Nope, just answered an ad. Not my fault, honest!
    Sounds harsh. I live in a dire hovel of a place but at least the people in it are cool which makes it a bit better.

  8. #758
    International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,070
    Peter Griffin:do you know what really grinds my gears? when i cant find the droid im looking for!!!

    Droid: Yea whats with that!!

    haha lol!! Family Guy movie watch it!!
    Where's my money?

  9. #759
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    What are "some schools"? And how old are the kids? If you're talking about year 12 students, then yes that's a concern, but a lot of the time these sorts of issues involve younger children where the idea of strict grading really has no relevance. You're not going to achieve anything bar discouragement by telling a 10 year old they failed their maths test, and I'd trust the judgement of educators in this sort of situation.
    Exactly, what's the point of telling a 10 year old he/she can't spell his/her own name (for example)? Much better to let them carry on and try to fix it in high school.

    Actually, my cousin is a teacher and she was telling me just recently that some students in exams here now have a student allocated to read the exam and write for them! And they're not special needs students, just normal students who can't read or write. Magnificent work, all heil our almighty education system! It's always impressive when someone learning English in another country can spell better than native speakers.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 06-01-2007 at 07:01 AM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

  10. #760
    Hall of Fame Member Jamee999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    15,094
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Mr. Jellet makes a return.

    Red could use a batsman or two.
    Red are fine with the 2 keepers
    Or something.

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

  11. #761
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Exactly, what's the point of telling a 10 year old he/she can't spell his/her own name (for example)? Much better to let them carry on and try to fix it in high school.

    Actually, my cousin is a teacher and she was telling me just recently that some students in exams here now have a student allocated to read the exam and write for them! And they're not special needs students, just normal students who can't read or write. Magnificent work, all heil our almighty education system! It's always impressive when someone learning English in another country can spell better than native speakers.
    Ain't that the truth.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  12. #762
    International Captain Hoggy31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    alanis morrissette
    Posts
    6,177
    Quote Originally Posted by DCC_legend View Post
    Peter Griffin:do you know what really grinds my gears? when i cant find the droid im looking for!!!

    Droid: Yea whats with that!!

    haha lol!! Family Guy movie watch it!!
    OMG, Never seen it!!!
    penis

    Dream XI: M Hyder, J Linker, M Clock, S Wetsin, A Simms, A Golcrhist, B Hugg, S Worde, B Leap, J Giuseppe, G MacGrith

  13. #763
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,786
    My gears are being grinded by the fact I can't sleep tonight because I've slept soooo much today! I know I'm going to pay for it at work tomorrow. But meh.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

    - Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

  14. #764
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    Mediocre girls you used to go to school with and dismissed, who turn out to be really hot nowadays
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  15. #765
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Mediocre girls you used to go to school with and dismissed, who turn out to be really hot nowadays
    True that.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •