Cricket Player Manager
Page 501 of 870 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 13043
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    Oh yeah, definitely. I imagine kids' enthusiasm for the whole shebang makes it a lot more meaningful

I am gonna be with my family for Christmas (going to Melbourne - again), just not doing the pressie thing. I'm not buying, I've told people not to buy for me.
    Have a good one

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Cheers mate, you too
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    Cheers mate, you too

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Fair enough. If/when you have kids you might think differently
    Damn straight. My lil sis still believes in Santa so I have to play along and get more presents in return.

Of course, the meaning of christmas means more to me than presents. (yeah right)

I think we're all born extortionists and learn not to be greedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Damn straight. My lil sis still believes in Santa so I have to play along and get more presents in return.

Of course, the meaning of christmas means more to me than presents. (yeah right)

I think we're all born extortionists and learn not to be greedy.
    Christmas means getting together with the family to me. Only time it ever happens for us really as we all live in different cities and some in different countries

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Christmas means getting together with the family to me. Only time it ever happens for us really as we all live in different cities and some in different countries
    We had our reletives from Aussie come over one year with their kids. There were three kids under 8 and one 13 year old (me) to look after them while the adults were on the Taranaki pub tour absolute chaos

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    We had our reletives from Aussie come over one year with their kids. There were three kids under 8 and one 13 year old (me) to look after them while the adults were on the Taranaki pub tour absolute chaos
    I added your MSN to my contacts Flem. Perm's not here but Richard is bound to tell us off for "chatting" soon Off to bed now anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Robertinho View Post
    Wow, Craigos, how do you manage to find spare time away from your rants to eat, sleep, etc?
    I don't

Constantly hearing about how I can save money from buying on-line etc.:

How many times do I have to hear this for the 17898776th time? Yes I know I can save money from buying something on-line and instead of going to a store, but you don't need to be repeating it for the 17898776th time. Yeah I'm talking about the story on ACA having to do this all the time, every few months but just worded it different but we all know it is the same recycled garbage that gives recycling a evil name. I mean aren't they meant to be hounding out migrants who still speak their own language to each other (despite the fact if we go to a non-English country we all speak English to each other, and not Czech or German or Spanish) and don't run around like a yobo shouting 'Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!' or some battler who took a few wrong choices in life or some person who is too stupid to read the fine print or to realise that if something is too good to be true and they suddenly want us to feel sorry for them straight away. And that 'Brady's Bunch' thing is more dire then New Zealand's Test series against South Africa. And that was pretty dire.

There I said it.
    Last edited by Craig; 10-12-2007 at 04:33 AM.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I don't

Constantly hearing about how I can save money from buying on-line etc.:

How many times do I have to hear this for the 17898776th time? Yes I know I can save money from buying something on-line and instead of going to a store, but you don't need to be repeating it for the 17898776th time. Yeah I'm talking about the story on ACA having to do this all the time, every few months but just worded it different but we all know it is the same recycled garbage that gives recycling a evil name. I mean aren't they meant to be hounding out migrants who still speak their own language to each other (despite the fact if we go to a non-English country we all speak English to each other, and not Czech or German or Spanish) and don't run around like a yobo shouting 'Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!' or some battler who took a few wrong choices in life or some person who is too stupid to read the fine print or to realise that if something is too good to be true and they suddenly want us to feel sorry for them straight away. And that 'Brady's Bunch' thing is more dire then New Zealand's Test series against South Africa. And that was pretty dire.

There I said it.
    Once
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Fair point itbt.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    English words
    What is the problem with your country? Calling girls fit? That's so quaint it's ridiculous. Chicks with extensive figure and/or shape can be cute, hot, beautiful, but not fit. Fit is like fitness. You're making a fool out of yourself. And flip flops? You steal NOTHING from American Culture... but you take flip flops. Why? And don't you dare laugh at me when I call them thongs. That's what they are. And yes, a single one of them is called a thong. Why do you laugh at it EVERY time? You're probably drunk. Push chair? You're having a Steffi Graf. Stroller? I think so. Haha - trousers? They're like smart pants. Yes, pants. Get over yourself, and stop laughing at me when I say "I need to change my pants." I'd bag the crap out of you, but I probs can't understand what you're saying. Take the bag of marbles out your mouth. And why yell at me when I say I want capsicum instead of peppers? It was an honest mistake. Peppers are like seasoning, not a vegetable. Or is it a fruit?

Capsicum
    Freaking fruit or vegetable? I don't know.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering the life of Phil 'The Prince' Hughes

**** English people as a general rule, imo.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Proud Member of the Melbourne Demons ,'97,'98,'99,'05-'13
    Supporter of Melbourne Demons FC, Aston Villa FC, and the Flyers

"This tournament is a joke. Grass is for cows, I'm never coming back." - Marat Safin

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    English words
    What is the problem with your country? Calling girls fit? That's so quaint it's ridiculous. Chicks with extensive figure and/or shape can be cute, hot, beautiful, but not fit. Fit is like fitness. You're making a fool out of yourself. And flip flops? You steal NOTHING from American Culture... but you take flip flops. Why? And don't you dare laugh at me when I call them thongs. That's what they are. And yes, a single one of them is called a thong. Why do you laugh at it EVERY time? You're probably drunk. Push chair? You're having a Steffi Graf. Stroller? I think so. Haha - trousers? They're like smart pants. Yes, pants. Get over yourself, and stop laughing at me when I say "I need to change my pants." I'd bag the crap out of you, but I probs can't understand what you're saying. Take the bag of marbles out your mouth. And why yell at me when I say I want capsicum instead of peppers? It was an honest mistake. Peppers are like seasoning, not a vegetable. Or is it a fruit?

Capsicum
    Freaking fruit or vegetable? I don't know.

One of your finest moments.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    English words
    A 'fit' girl is usually one about 16 stone (of which comprises, 2 stone of Elizabeth Duke Jewellry, 2 stone post pregnancy flab (add another stone per child untill said girl is 21), 6 pounds of velur tracksuit) and fugly. Only people who use 'fit' are those who cannot manage a second sylable.

Actually, Americans call flip flops sandals. Again, too many sylables. Thongs are worn over girls' arses. Having said that, whatever you call them, no self respecting man should be wearing them.

A push chair is a chair, that you push. You dont take a stroll in it, in fact its whole function is not to aid the person who's strolling, but the baby who needs pushing, hence its name.

Trousers, yes, they are pants. Its a name for smart pants. Like jeans is a name for pants made from denim. Ask for your trousers you know you'll get the posh pair. Ask for pants you know you'll get your scruffy laze about pair. Obviously you only speak to immature people if they laugh at 'changing your pants', as most people use the phrase anyway (though pants IS a legitamate abbreviation for underpants, thus using trousers saves confusion)

Grind my gears

Australians who bastardise a language then whinge about it

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Thread Information