Page 3 of 870 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 13043
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

  1. #31
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo
    Agreed..... nothing makes me as mad as people who cannot use roundabouts. The idea is NOT to wait until the roundabout is clear from here to the next freaking city
    It's even worse on a bike, the amount of people that don't use their indicators and just seem to ignore cyclists is massive.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

  2. #32
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo
    People who beleive it's their god given right to sue someone for an action that was wrong by themselves in the first place. Eg. Just recently a tomato processing plant owner was sued an excessive amount of money by the cleaners because their 7/8 y/o daughter, who shouldn'tve been in there in the 1st place, got caught on a peice of equipment and it put her in hospital.
    Yeah that kind of thing is honestly just insane, no question. Sick of all this blame that gets thrown around these days. Nobody wants to be responsible for anything, and those that would have the guts to admit responsibility can't afford to because as soon as you say sorry you can be hung from your garters and crucified like American Pie when Madonna covered it.

    It reminds me of that nefarious tumult a few years back with people wanting John Howard to personally apologise for the Stolen Generation, which is absolutely ridiculous seeing as he wasn't even alive when it started. And naturally Howard can't apologise anyway because if he did he would be sued into oblivion for something he and the current government are completely innocent of. Now how can you hold someone responsible now for something you didn't do and had no control over, just because 'someone' should be held accountable? ****ing well get over it and accept that you got wronged and take it with a grain of salt and shut up. There's no use ruining someone else's life for it.

    Litigious society < Hing.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

  3. #33
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo

    People who beleive it's their god given right to sue someone for an action that was wrong by themselves in the first place. Eg. Just recently a tomato processing plant owner was sued an excessive amount of money by the cleaners because their 7/8 y/o daughter, who shouldn'tve been in there in the 1st place, got caught on a peice of equipment and it put her in hospital.
    Yeah but if you could get the money you would.. its the laws fault, not the people who exploit the stupid litigation laws
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  4. #34
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,548
    Whats with the Simpsons getting all seedy? Seems like they have run out of available humour in their new episodes, and its basically an animated version of Sex in the City with yellow people instead of Kristin


  5. #35
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Yeah but if you could get the money you would.. its the laws fault, not the people who exploit the stupid litigation laws
    Complete trash - if you sue someone just because the law allows you to, even when you know they've done nothing wrong, you are garbage as a human being, no joke. I think if we can reach an agreement in cricket that you don't run overthrows when you deflect the ball, then you can agree not to file a lawsuit against someone because their pavement made you fall over and graze your knee. Guaranteed you would change your opinion pretty damn quickly if at that coffee place you worked at, you served someone a hot macchiato, they spilled it all over themselves and they then sued your balls off for it.

    Or would you still forgive them?

  6. #36
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Whats with the Simpsons getting all seedy? Seems like they have run out of available humour in their new episodes, and its basically an animated version of Sex in the City with yellow people instead of Kristin
    It peaked about 5 years ago. They'll release the movie and then it'll die a death.

  7. #37
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    Complete trash - if you sue someone just because the law allows you to, even when you know they've done nothing wrong, you are garbage as a human being, no joke. I think if we can reach an agreement in cricket that you don't run overthrows when you deflect the ball, then you can agree not to file a lawsuit against someone because their pavement made you fall over and graze your knee. Guaranteed you would change your opinion pretty damn quickly if at that coffee place you worked at, you served someone a hot macchiato, they spilled it all over themselves and they then sued your balls off for it.

    Or would you still forgive them?
    They wouldnt be suing me they'd be suing Costa.. I'm sure 99% of people if offered 10,000 dollars on burning themselves would take it.. The law is an absolute joke, the people just exploit it..

  8. #38
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    They wouldnt be suing me they'd be suing Costa.. I'm sure 99% of people if offered 10,000 dollars on burning themselves would take it.. The law is an absolute joke, the people just exploit it..
    You get the picture and I'm sure you understand how vulnerable you are. The law isn't a joke because it really only requires you to prove that someone was responsible for the crime as far as I know, and today that's too easy to do. Honestly, what if in ten years someone breaks their leg walking up your front stairs, gets a doctor to tell them they'll never walk again and does you for a million pounds? Would you not feel like that person is scummier than toe-cheese?

  9. #39
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo
    Agreed..... nothing makes me as mad as people who cannot use roundabouts. The idea is NOT to wait until the roundabout is clear from here to the next freaking city
    This is funny! A Ford fan critisising drivers. Wonders will never cease.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain



    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

    I'm Green

    The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

  10. #40
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    You get the picture and I'm sure you understand how vulnerable you are. The law isn't a joke because it really only requires you to prove that someone was responsible for the crime as far as I know, and today that's too easy to do. Honestly, what if in ten years someone breaks their leg walking up your front stairs, gets a doctor to tell them they'll never walk again and does you for a million pounds? Would you not feel like that person is scummier than toe-cheese?
    I would hate them for it, but I'd think the law and the people that allow these kinds of things to get put through were 10X worse.. I wouldnt blame the person, who for all intents and purposes has just acquired a million pounds totally legally..

  11. #41
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    I would hate them for it, but I'd think the law and the people that allow these kinds of things to get put through were 10X worse.. I wouldnt blame the person, who for all intents and purposes has just acquired a million pounds totally legally..
    Would you do it to someone? It might be 'legal' but it doesn't make it right, nor any less shameful.

  12. #42
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    Would you do it to someone? It might be 'legal' but it doesn't make it right, nor any less shameful.
    Not sure, depends on how much was in it for me and whether I was doing it to a wealthy coorperation or a poor individual

  13. #43
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Yeah but if you could get the money you would.. its the laws fault, not the people who exploit the stupid litigation laws
    Yes the laws are at fault, but the people who exploit them are trash for doing so. As Casson said, no-one takes responsibility for their own actions these days, and it's appalling, they're always looking for someone else to blame.

    Another incident that springs to mind is the deadhead who injured his neck by diving into the shallow end of some bloke's private pool, during the middle of the night whilst drunk. He won the court case and got some ridiculous amount of money because the pool owner didn't have a sign that says caution shallow water.

    Money isn't always the object, repuatation, morals come before money imo. It's your own stupid fault, get the hell over it and get a life i say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

  14. #44
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Not sure, depends on how much was in it for me and whether I was doing it to a wealthy coorperation or a poor individual
    That shouldn't make a scrap of difference who the company/individual in question is. You should take responsibility for your own actions instead of passing the buck onto someone else. Instead of sueing them for all they've got, and try and get into the easy money, wouldn't it feel much more satisfying to build a business/earn a living yourself through hard work instead?

  15. #45
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Not sure, depends on how much was in it for me and whether I was doing it to a wealthy coorperation or a poor individual
    You're a pretty smart guy, so I'm pretty shocked that you could be so na&#239;ve, degenerate and unworldly. Total utter rubbish to suggest that if through your own clumsiness or fault otherwise you disadvantage yourself, then victimising another party is acceptable just because the law allows you to. If that's not an embodiment of how selfish and grabby the world is at the moment then I'm not sure what is to be totally honest.

    It's because some people can exhibit no restraint that they set atrocious precedents which pervade into civil society and become the norm rather than the exception. In a world where good people are becoming worth their weight in gold, you've just become worth about as much as a steaming dollop of poo.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •