Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 931 of 932 FirstFirst ... 431831881921929930931932 LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,965 of 13966
Like Tree1374Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    So decent reviews for Joker.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Yeah, look forward to it’s release. It sounds a lot heavier than TDK though so will be ITSTL.
    Last edited by Teja.; 01-09-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

It sounds a bit divisive, with a couple of really bad reviews from RogerEbert.com and TIME.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

The bad reviews I’ve read is stuff that I don’t really care about tbh.

I’d rather a Joker movie done in a recklessly self indulgent way rather than have a strictly karmic moral arc or be a progressive addition in social commentary terms.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Not interested in the slightest tbh.

Banned
    Looked up tickets for Joker @ TIFF.....$346 USD!!!!

Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood tonight.

Some excellent dog on hippie violence. Worth the admission for that scene alone. Thoroughly enjoyable overall too though.
    Just went to see this. Sort of vague spoilers to follow, but not going to give any details.

Did anyone else go in with the expectation that the ending would go exactly like it did? It was the obvious Tarantino thing to do and it went exactly like I thought it would.

I wouldn't say that took away from the film all that much but it did leave me thinking 'Alright here we go' instead of 'Oh ****' when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    Just went to see this. Sort of vague spoilers to follow, but not going to give any details.

Did anyone else go in with the expectation that the ending would go exactly like it did? It was the obvious Tarantino thing to do and it went exactly like I thought it would.

I wouldn't say that took away from the film all that much but it did leave me thinking 'Alright here we go' instead of 'Oh ****' when it happened.
    Yeah I expected a twist,,,but as it was so absurd I had to laugh especially with Leo at the end. Job done QT.

In Fabric is excellent btw guys,, pretty silly compared to his previous work but Strickland is an incredible director.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Saw it last night. Thought it was alright; I was entertained and it was fun. Not his best work, not his worst.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Debutant
    New Joker feels like a 70s Sidney Lumet movie. Loving the vibes so far and Phoenix is gold obviously.
    _Ed_ likes this.

Watched Parasite last night. It's a wickedly funny Korean class drama, and I can see why it won the Palm d'Or. Terrific entertainment.
    Niall likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnodouche View Post
    New Joker feels like a 70s Sidney Lumet movie. Loving the vibes so far and Phoenix is gold obviously.
    Saw the trailer the other night and was impressed. Looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, IT Chapter Two was about what I was expecting. It was always going to struggle to be as good as the first, because IMO it's the much weaker part of the book. I found the "kids" part had a much more creepy and unsettling atmosphere running through it, which isn't really there as much when they come back as adults.

I also thought the film was a bit over-long at 169 min. Since they'd already left out a lot of the things that made the deranged bully Bowers a relevant character in the adult phase, they possibly could have trimmed that duration a bit by cutting him out of this one altogether. He didn't add a lot.

But the acting was really solid - I was pleasantly surprised by Bill Hader in particular. And the Stephen King cameo was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Saw the trailer the other night and was impressed. Looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, IT Chapter Two was about what I was expecting. It was always going to struggle to be as good as the first, because IMO it's the much weaker part of the book. I found the "kids" part had a much more creepy and unsettling atmosphere running through it, which isn't really there as much when they come back as adults.

I also thought the film was a bit over-long at 169 min. Since they'd already left out a lot of the things that made the deranged bully Bowers a relevant character in the adult phase, they possibly could have trimmed that duration a bit by cutting him out of this one altogether. He didn't add a lot.

But the acting was really solid - I was pleasantly surprised by Bill Hader in particular. And the Stephen King cameo was a nice touch.
    I actually think it would work much better as a 10 episode mini-series than a 2-part film series. That way you could much more easily follow the back and forth narrative of the book. As it is, the part with the adults is always going to feel like a weird anti-climax. Ah well, something for Netflix to think about in 27 years time.
    Athlai and _Ed_ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Watched Parasite last night. It's a wickedly funny Korean class drama, and I can see why it won the Palm d'Or. Terrific entertainment.
    Ha was going to recommend this also. Its bloody superb.

I won't pretend to be an expert on Asian cinema, but some absolute sensational films coming from that area of the world....Burning, The Handmaiden, Shoplifters and Ash Is Purest White among my favs.
    Grasshopper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Ha was going to recommend this also. Its bloody superb.

I won't pretend to be an expert on Asian cinema, but some absolute sensational films coming from that area of the world....Burning, The Handmaiden, Shoplifters and Ash Is Purest White among my favs.
    Yeah, loved all of those you mentioned. There are a lot of bloody great films coming out of that part of the world these days.A couple of others from Bong well worth a look are Memories of Murder and Mother.

Thread Information