cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 928 of 930 FirstFirst ... 428828878918926927928929930 LastLast
Results 13,906 to 13,920 of 13938
Like Tree1369Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by andmark View Post
    I don't know, I thought with the Hobbit being earlier, it'd make it easier to follow the story haha.
    Cinematic release date is always the right way to watch things the first time
    Pratters likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    What kind of crazy person does the LOTR movies starting with the hobbit. Yikes
    Tbf it wouldn't be a terrible way to do things. You would be massively increasing in quality between the third and fourth films but there is a bit of foreshadowing in the Hobbit that pays off in the LotR trilogy.

You do need to watch the extended versions of the LotR trilogy though. Without them there's a bunch of plot holes and the Two Towers in particular is a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    It's like watching the Star Wars movies in episodic order, the quality and vision only decreases.
    Machete order for adults, OT only for the kids.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Robert Pattinson as Batman. Itstl.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar
    Watching Mars Attacks! on TV right now.

Don't care what anyone says, it's a great film.

But it also needed Jack Nicholson in at least 3 more roles.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    The Hobbit films are a really struggle to sit through. They're just unnecessarily long, boring, and cartoonish. The cartoonish feel to the films wouldn't have been so bad if they had been done differently, If they had tried to make a clean break with the earlier films and take a more Tim Burton-ish approach to being cartoony that would have been interesting. But making things really cartoony whilst trying to keep the series part of the same universe as the LotR trilogy just made it really jarring and annoying for me. Del Toro dropping out as director was a real shame.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Robert Pattinson as Batman. Itstl.
    Have no issue with this myself. Let's see what he can do.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Have no issue with this myself. Let's see what he can do.
    I've heard great things about his non-Twilight roles. May need to go digging into those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    I've heard great things about his non-Twilight roles. May need to go digging into those movies.
    The only film I've watched that I remember seeing him in was one of the Harry Potters, but yeah, from all accounts he's a pretty decent actor, so I'm curious to see how this pans out.

The Hobbit films are a really struggle to sit through. They're just unnecessarily long, boring, and cartoonish. The cartoonish feel to the films wouldn't have been so bad if they had been done differently, If they had tried to make a clean break with the earlier films and take a more Tim Burton-ish approach to being cartoony that would have been interesting. But making things really cartoony whilst trying to keep the series part of the same universe as the LotR trilogy just made it really jarring and annoying for me. Del Toro dropping out as director was a real shame.
    The CGI was so abominably awful, and really baffling given how visually stunning and balanced the mix of practical effects/real costumes/prosthetics and CGI was in the LOTR series.
    fade, made to fade
    passion's overrated anyway

forever 63*

The CGI was so abominably awful, and really baffling given how visually stunning and balanced the mix of practical effects/real costumes/prosthetics and CGI was in the LOTR series.
    Indeed. Could not agree more. Not just the character models either, but the moronic set pieces involving the goblins in the mountain and Legolas Mario jumping up the falling rocks.
    Daemon likes this.

Indeed. Could not agree more. Not just the character models either, but the moronic set pieces involving the goblins in the mountain and Legolas Mario jumping up the falling rocks.
    I had high hopes for the actual Battle of the Five Armies too, as at the time Helm's Deep and the siege of Minas Tirith stood out miles as the greatest battle scenes ever committed to film in the modern era.

But no, it was ugly and ridiculous.

I had high hopes for the actual Battle of the Five Armies too, as at the time Helm's Deep and the siege of Minas Tirith stood out miles as the greatest battle scenes ever committed to film in the modern era.

But no, it was ugly and ridiculous.
    Ergh yeah, had forgotten about that.

The tone of the films was just all over the place as well. It's not that LotR did not have humour and elements of lightheartedness, but it weaved them in subtly and naturally.

The Hobbit films seemed to go from one extreme to another. Endless scenes that were just literally slapstick comedy that came across as more of a parody of the LotR films than anything else. Which would then cut to extremely serious dark scenes about death and Thorin brooding and all that other tedium.

God it was all just so boring above everything else as well.

No interest in ever watching a Twilight film, but Pattinson has been a pretty good run over last few years. Its actually a little bit unfair on him that when hearing this news that people thought twilight, I doubt he'd be happy with that either

Batman has been done ever way possible, so not sure what he can bring to this whatsoever, I'd nearly prefer him to keep doing what he is doing. However who is going to turn down Batman?

Thread Information