Page 675 of 678 FirstFirst ... 175575625665673674675676677 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 10163
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Saw 12 angry men.

Spoiler for those who havn't seen this classic- there are a lot of angry men in the movie.

Anger gets overdone and is somewhat one dimensional at times, but a good flick.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Watched Under The Skin last week, interesting film, thought it was alright but every other opinion on it seems to be either masterpiece or diabolical.

It's a great movie to explain to people in a sentence or so though 'Scarlett Johnannson plays an alien who drives around Scotland in a white van picking up single men then taking them back her dungeon and harvesting their skin'
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    Watched Under The Skin last week, interesting film, thought it was alright but every other opinion on it seems to be either masterpiece or diabolical.

It's a great movie to explain to people in a sentence or so though 'Scarlett Johnannson plays an alien who drives around Scotland in a white van picking up single men then taking them back her dungeon and harvesting their skin'
    I too thought it was alright, I liked the candid stuff, the sound was brilliant and Scar-Jo was great, but otherwise it just seemed a little hollow, and we've kind of been here before, notabl with that one Bowie film he was good in.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Saw 12 angry men.

Spoiler for those who havn't seen this classic- there are a lot of angry men in the movie.

DWTA. The amount of anger was appropriate for the 12 men under the circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    DWTA. The amount of anger was appropriate for the 12 men under the circumstances.
    It's a great and important film. Every time I think of how juries work I think about it, and how things could change on one or two people. The anger of the times was surely reflected perfectly in the film.

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Saw 12 angry men.

God I love this movie. Don't think the anger was overdone... Well maybe the climax was a tad too much. But seriously a great movie. Especially love how they manage to make all the jurors distinct personalities and not just generic dudes. Favorite is the one who always stays as logical and practical as possible and doesn't sway to emotion at all.

Seen it loads of times and never get bored.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Which one did you see? There was a remake in the 90s. I think the 1957 one was a classic, but I actually like the remake too.
    ★★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    God I love this movie. Don't think the anger was overdone... Well maybe the climax was a tad too much. But seriously a great movie. Especially love how they manage to make all the jurors distinct personalities and not just generic dudes. Favorite is the one who always stays as logical and practical as possible and doesn't sway to emotion at all.

Seen it loads of times and never get bored.
    The movie wasn't logical and practical vs emotional. It was fair minded vs prejudiced. There's a distinction - you can be prejudiced and yet *seem* logical and practical (i.e, unemotional) all the same.

The movie wasn't logical and practical vs emotional. It was fair minded vs prejudiced. There's a distinction - you can be prejudiced and yet *seem* logical and practical (i.e, unemotional) all the same.
    Err, I was only taking about that juror in particular, not the movie as a whole. That juror (I think #4) was genuinely logical and practical all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Which one did you see? There was a remake in the 90s. I think the 1957 one was a classic, but I actually like the remake too.
    Haven't seen the 1990s version yet, might check it out.

There's actually a Hindi remake too, called "Ek ruka hua faisla" which is pretty well done .

Err, I was only taking about that juror in particular, not the movie as a whole. That juror (I think #4) was genuinely logical and practical all the way through.
    He was not prejudiced while everyone else was, which was the entire point of the movie.

He was not prejudiced while everyone else was, which was the entire point of the movie.
    Again,you're getting the jurors mixed up. Pretty sure you're talking about the main guy, who was juror#8. The bloke I'm talking about is juror#4... the guy with the spectacles who is the penultimate one to get convinced by the others.

Again,you're getting the jurors mixed up. Pretty sure you're talking about the main guy, who was juror#8. The bloke I'm talking about is juror#4... the guy with the spectacles who is the penultimate one to get convinced by the others.
    Yeah, I did get them mixed up. I just googled #4, he's a perfect example of latent prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy was fantastic. Best movie of the year so far. It's basically an action/comedy. Some great action sequences and a lot of hilarious lines.
    Saw it yesterday and thought it was great

Reckon Dave Bautista could become a huge action star if given the right vehicles (i.e. not more WWE movie ****e) as the guy can actually act and has great screen presence

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    +1 on the GOTG love.I'm Groot.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Thread Information