Page 660 of 669 FirstFirst ... 160560610650658659660661662 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 10024
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    The scene in the hairdresser was pretty funny.
    humour is SOOOOOOOO subjective isn't it?

Nah, the only things I can feel to recommend it was the stripper bit near the start, and the gag at the end. The entire bit in the middle was mind-numbing. Oh and I've always hated Andy Barnard, I thought I'd seen the end of him.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    average humour is subjective, i guess. in no way did I love the movie, but i didn't hate it. I enjoy ****ty light hearted rom's though.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    So Gravity: Great visuals, but one of the main characters apparently doesn't understand the concept of an orbit, has crashed 'every simulator' they've ever been in, has to look through a manual to fly a spacecraft, and badly hits their head while trying to put out a fire because they don't understand the concept of force. And they get to be an astronaut. Oh and the astronauts don't even know the basics about each other (or the specifics of their own mission) even though they've probably trained months, if not years, for this specific thing. Standards have really fallen at NASA.

//But I still liked the movie. The physics of spacetravel itself were very spot on (most of the inaccurate stuff was necessary for the script, like the space stations and debris all sharing the same orbit and being almost next to each other....)
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Blatant recycling of material from Facebook there by SS.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Yea but my Facebook not someone else's...

It was a movie, not a documentary you nerd. I thought it was very enjoyable. Probably one of the best visual movies ever made.

International Debutant OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Thought it was one of the most wonderful experiences I've had in a cinema for a long time. Was gripped throughout
    Proud member of the Indian STFU: Sane Tendulkar Fanboy Union.
    Our motto: Sachin WAG, Don>>>Sachin

Are the performances of Bullock and Clooney as good as critics have said? If so I might go and see it. If not, I'm not sure I can find the motivation, hasn't the whole stranded in space thing been done to death? E.g. I thought Sunshine (though I appreciate the science behind it is flawed) was a great, and relatively recent, example of this sort of thing being done extremely well. Such an underrated film.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Gravity

Its as if Alfonso Cuaron heard all the talk about TV being the new cinema and all that and decided "nope, cinema is cinema"

It falls a tad short of 2001 and Solaris when it comes to this genre but on its own, just bloody awesome.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Just watched The Dictator.

Absolute Bull. Remotely funny here and there, but falls flat otherwise.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Gravity. The re-entry scene has to be one of the greatest things I've seen in cinema, I was literally unable to move for the duration. So so good.
    Exit pursuing a beer

jan
    Pacific Rim.
    Utter crap. I wasnt able to watch the whole movie. Unexpected brainfart from someone like Guillermo del Toro. The bad news is he is working on Pacific Rim 2.

A Hijacking (Kapringen).
    Randomly chose this to wash bad taste of the above mentioned **** and hell, it worked, Great (danish) movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    aspiring social cricket player, left-handed batsman, grainy low-res streams watcher

Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Pacific Rim.
    Utter crap. I wasnt able to watch the whole movie. Unexpected brainfart from someone like Guillermo del Toro. The bad news is he is working on Pacific Rim 2.

I quite liked the bits with Charlie from always sunny, and Hellboy, but otherwise it was too loud, and too long, down with this sort of thing.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Are the performances of Bullock and Clooney as good as critics have said? If so I might go and see it. If not, I'm not sure I can find the motivation, hasn't the whole stranded in space thing been done to death? E.g. I thought Sunshine (though I appreciate the science behind it is flawed) was a great, and relatively recent, example of this sort of thing being done extremely well. Such an underrated film.
    Just saw it earlier today. Didn't really know much about it other than the fact that it had been getting great reviews, and so I was afraid it wouldn't live up to them. But it absolutely does, would say it was easily one of the best movies I've seen in the cinemas - definitely take the chance to watch it on the big screen and in 3D rather than waiting for it to come out on DVD/Pirate Bay.

I saw Stardust last night. It's awful.
    I'm always suspicious of shops that sell bait.

Thread Information