Page 634 of 674 FirstFirst ... 134534584624632633634635636644 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 10108
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Watched DKR last night in IMAX and it was absolutely incredible. The picture quality and the sound and the overall experience was out of this world. Was the first IMAX movie I've seen and will definitely be going back to watch future movies in this format.

Perhaps it's a big call, but IMO The Dark Knight trilogy would have to be up there as one of the best trilogies of all time with the overall quality of the three movies. It's certainly ahead of Star Wars, LOTR, Matrix for me. Apart from The Godfather and maybe the original Star Wars movies I can't think of a trilogy that tops it.
    Last edited by James; 22-07-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Well in terms of modern action trilogies, yeah I agree it would have to be up there. Think I'd put it on a slightly lower tier than trilogies like Star Wars (original), Indiana Jones and LOTR though. About the same level as the Matrix trilogy for me. It might be just for nostalgic reasons, but for some reason, as good as they are, the Batman films just don't resonate as much for me. There's something a bit flat and emotionless about them...something I find pretty much with all of Nolan's films actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    Well in terms of modern action trilogies, yeah I agree it would have to be up there. Think I'd put it on a slightly lower tier than trilogies like Star Wars (original), Indiana Jones and LOTR though. About the same level as the Matrix trilogy for me. It might be just for nostalgic reasons, but for some reason, as good as they are, the Batman films just don't resonate as much for me. There's something a bit flat and emotionless about them...something I find pretty much with all of Nolan's films actually.
    Really? I've not seen TDKR, but emotionless is one of the last words I would use to describe the majority of Nolan's films tbh. Particularly in comparison to something like the Matrix.

I thought it was phenomenal - as satisfying a conclusion as I could have wished for to what I consider to be one of the all time great film trilogies. The old crew were on top form but I was really impressed with the new supporting characters too, both Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon-Levitt were far better than I was expecting.

A stunning achievement.
    Last edited by The Sean; 22-07-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    Batman >>>>>>>>>>>> Matrix trilogies. Not least because the sequel Matrix trilogies are wayyyy below the first.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Really? I've not seen TDKR, but emotionless is one of the last words I would use to describe the majority of Nolan's films tbh. Particularly in comparison to something like the Matrix.
    In terms of those qualities I'd say BB>TDKR>TDK. BB easily had the best character development for the Bruce Wayne character, so it came off to me as having the most emotional depth, where as the TDK focused more on the complex 'crime drama' sort of story and didn't have much time for character development. TDKR is somewhere in between for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Batman >>>>>>>>>>>> Matrix trilogies. Not least because the sequel Matrix trilogies are wayyyy below the first.
    I agree they are better overall, because as you said the two sequels were a step down. Definitely don't think there's that much difference in quality though, but I don't rate the Batman movies half as highly as a lot of people. As good as the TDK is, it's one of the most overrated movies ever imo.

The character development in TDK was fine.

I didn't find it that way. Mainly because there wasn't enough time given to Bruce Wayne (think the final one suffers the same problem a bit, although it's probably slightly better in that regard).

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Prefer to pretend the Matrix sequels never happened. The first film was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    I thought it was phenomenal - as satisfying a conclusion as I could have wished for to what I consider to be one of the all time great film trilogies. The old crew were on top form but I was really impressed with the new supporting characters too, both Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon-Levitt were far better than I was expecting.

A stunning achievement.
    Agree with every word. Loved the TDK and thought it was a great conclusion to an epic trilogy. There will inevitably be another Batman reboot some years from now (Justice League should be around the corner), and all I can say to whoever makes it is "good luck trying to match this one".

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Just got back from watching it. Excellent. Critics can **** right off. Gordon-Levitt was great, better than I thought he would be. Hathaway played her role well. Not too good but not poor either. At first viewing, it's my least favorite of the trilogy, but that may change with time.

I kept wondering how Nolan was going to handle the lazarus pit, he did it masterfully.

Anybody else wished joker was the judge instead of scarecrow?
    RIP Craigos

Not really, I couldn't fathom Ledger's Joker having such a small role to play in the movie if it were to feature in another.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I couldn't really see the Joker being content with just being the judge under Bane etc. in that situation, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

I don't think the Joker would have bothered to do anything tbh. Assuming he was alive, he got what he wanted - reducing Gotham to a lawless, anarchic state and turning man against man.

Thread Information