Page 629 of 669 FirstFirst ... 129529579619627628629630631639 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 10024
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Looking forward to the new Batman, but finding it very hard to get enthused about the new Spiderman. Apart from the last one, I thought the Toby McGuire ones were actually pretty decent. I gather the fanboys hated them because they weren't very accurate to the source material, but I couldn't care less about that. New one looks fine, but doesn't look like it'll offer anything that the previous ones didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    New one looks fine, but doesn't look like it'll offer anything that the previous ones didn't.

Not even ginger. Fanboys to go nuts.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Not Mary Jane.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Looking forward to the new Batman, but finding it very hard to get enthused about the new Spiderman. Apart from the last one, I thought the Toby McGuire ones were actually pretty decent. I gather the fanboys hated them because they weren't very accurate to the source material, but I couldn't care less about that. New one looks fine, but doesn't look like it'll offer anything that the previous ones didn't.
    I loved the trilogy, I mean Spider-Man 3 was ridiculous but I enjoyed it in a perverse sort of way. The second film on particular though was great. However, although it is a bit early for a reboot I am still looking forwards to it as from the trailers it looks good.

I'm nowhere near as excited about it as I am Batman mind you, but that has the tall order of being the sequel to probably my favourite film so expectations are high tstl.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

I hated the choice of Tobey Maguire as spiderman, which means I'll be looking forward to the reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

One thing I will say is a lot of people seem unaware that it's a reboot and see it basically as Spider-Man 4. Tried really hard to explain to some geezer last week that it wasn't a sequel but he was having none of it and refusing to see it on the basis of not liking Spider-Man 3. I reckon the trailers make it obvious but in general you can see why people would be unaware, I wonder if that will hurt takings.

Saw The amazing spider man today, it was good, nthng great. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone were good. Stan Lee probably had his best cameo till date

Woman in black. Pretty good, jumpy. Ending maybe could have been better. Also just wanted him to get his wand out and sort it all out that way but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    One thing I will say is a lot of people seem unaware that it's a reboot and see it basically as Spider-Man 4. Tried really hard to explain to some geezer last week that it wasn't a sequel but he was having none of it and refusing to see it on the basis of not liking Spider-Man 3. I reckon the trailers make it obvious but in general you can see why people would be unaware, I wonder if that will hurt takings.
    I hope it does. Its a ridiculous idea to reboot a series of films before the dust has even settled from the earlier ones. Just stupid.

Not saying it'll be a bad movie or that it will bomb at the box office, but it surely won't dominate.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I hope it does. Its a ridiculous idea to reboot a series of films before the dust has even settled from the earlier ones. Just stupid.

Not saying it'll be a bad movie or that it will bomb at the box office, but it surely won't dominate.
    can't say about the part in bold but awt rest
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    Not Mary Jane.
    yeah that was a weird change...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Liked Source Code. Didn't really know much about it or have any expectations, but was pleasantly surprised.

The Amazing Spider-Man. Yeah, awesome.

Early reviews of The Dark Knight Rises are out
    The press and industry types have just witnessed what’s said to be the best in Christopher Nolan’s “Dark Knight” series, “Dark Knight Rises”. With words like “epic”, “Awesome” and “crying”, seems we’re all in for a treat when mid-month rolls around and Batman makes his final stand wearing the Christian Bale mask.

Suggesting the film has a rather beautiful conclude, many were said to have teared up as well as jumped to their feet and ripped with thunderous applause.

Tom McAuliffe says : “Just finished the screening of Dark Knight Rises…so much awesome…can’t wait to see it again. And again.” He later adds, “To your original question – there are things I criticize in every film, but this one measures high on many measures. There will be some surprises but not big ones, the beauty of the film is how well it tells the story. Tom Hardy was incredible as Bane, the storyline was fantastic. I think the Joker is far more iconic than Bane, with more memorable quotes, but this story was great, including Bane’s origin. Godfather 3 never happened. Xmen 3 & Spider-Man 3 were awful, this film was the perfect final chapter in the trilogy.”

SHH’s The Shape and Scoop say : “I think Bale gives his best performance as Batman and as Bruce Wayne in this one. He was terrific. And I especially loved his bat voice this time around…I really enjoyed [Neeson's] part in the movie. It shows both his villain side and his fatherly figure to Bruce side… [Bane is] very intimidating, more so than Darth Vader ever was IMO.Because you can see his eyes..”

Manarchy Magazine says : “I would be remiss if I did not touch on what Nolan seems to have perfected – the villain. Bane is this installment’s chaos. He is played by Tom Hardy who is (yes, you guessed it) a supporting actor in Inception. The brilliance of the direction of these films is how lost you get in the villain’s soul. You lose track of the fact that an A-list actor is on screen. You are completely immersed in their portrayal as an ordered society’s tainted medicine. If you thought The Dark Knight introduced us to a dystopia, just wait until you watch this movie. We learn that it is not only Bruce Wayne and Batman that are rotting from the inside out, but an entire society. You will see urbanites at their most wretched, and in their prime. The chaos wrought unto Gotham City by the Joker was merely the beginning. And Nolan manages to convey this wild ride into 165 minutes of his best work.”

Zach Pincus says : “The Dark Knight Rises is not only easily the best Batman movie yet, but now one of my favorite movies I’ve ever seen. It was unbelievable!”

@cmfcknw says : “Critic after The Dark Knight Rises screening: “If this does not break the mold and win Best Picture, no comic book movie ever will.”

So there you have it, a masterpiece by the sounds!
    http://moviehole.net/201255404first-...t-rises-online

Thread Information