Page 596 of 668 FirstFirst ... 96496546586594595596597598606646 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 10013
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I'd look forward to seeing her out out of it itbt.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by nsniks View Post
    It worries me so far that they may try to make this "too big" and potentially ruin what has been the best comic to movie conversion so far. Batman is doing well atm what with 2 amazing games and two amazing movies so I can't help but worry that this movie may not live up to the very high expectations that people have for it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I think the thing is. The last 2 films were great, great actions films. Ledger's performance as the Joker helped the film to transcend it beyond the "action movie" genre, and made it good on many other levels. Whilst I have a lot of faith in Nolan as a director, i'm struggling to see how even if the film is good (which I have no reason to believe it won't be) it'll offer anything different than the last one.
    Yeah, same. The chances are it's not going to hit the highs of the previous film and we won't do it any favours to expect it to.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Watched the Xmen reboot last night, wasn't too bad a film, though the young 'good' mutants were a bit wooden. James McAvoy really does excel in most films he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Yeah I enjoyed it quite a lot actually, was so much better than the dire X-Men 3 and the Wolverine thingy.

Fassbender and McAvoy are both excellent. Unfortunately to my great dismay about a third of the way into the film Xavier suddenly reminded me of a younger David Cameron,could not really shift this idea for the rest of the film.
    McAvoy is excellent (was at his best in Shameless tbf) but that film annoyed me. The two leads were done well, and the dialogue between them were the best parts of the film, but the story didn't really make much sense, the kids as you said were dull and I was just expecting better from the reaction it got.

It did that one thing comic book films often do that really annoys me - it kept bigging up the dubbing and revealing of comic book names as some kind of dramatic moment, just for fans of the characters to squeal over. If it doesn't make sense in the context of the standalone film, it doesn't belong there. Unless it's deliberately released in two or three parts, the film has to stand up in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    So... The Hobbit trailer is out now. What do you all reckon to that?

Looks amazing to me, and can't wait to re-live the journey again.
    Genuinely more excited about this than any film for years. Just that score starting up again is enough to remind me of what a phenomenal film making achievement the LOTR films were, going there again is going to be superb.
    I'm always suspicious of shops that sell bait.

Anyone see a film called Merry Christmas on BBC2 last night? Was about the French, British and German soldiers during WW1 having a truce and playing football on Christmas Day, thought it was quite nice. Better than most other things which can be called "Christmas films" in any case.

Apart from Die Hard obviously, best Christmas film ever.

Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Was talking to the missus about my not owning any Christmas movies today. I did argue on behalf of Die Hard.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Most Christmas films are so dire. Have heard people bang on about how great It's a wonderful life is. But it's the most saccharin, stomach-churning, sentimental dirge.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Agreed, but I didn't really go in to a Mission Impossible movie expecting deep characterisation. The action was great, the gadgets were awesome like Redbacks said, and the lead chick was smoking. Ticked all the boxes.
    Got a 93% rating on RT... pretty impressive for a popcorn action flick.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Anyone see a film called Merry Christmas on BBC2 last night? Was about the French, British and German soldiers during WW1 having a truce and playing football on Christmas Day, thought it was quite nice. Better than most other things which can be called "Christmas films" in any case.
    Have seen it. Liked it.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Most Christmas films are so dire. Have heard people bang on about how great It's a wonderful life is. But it's the most saccharin, stomach-churning, sentimental dirge.
    Clearly forgetting National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Usually it's on TV every Christmas and it's become a ritual of mine. Not being shown this year and I couldn't even find it for cheap on DVD. Just isn't Xmas without Chevy and his ridiculous lights
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Saw Iron Lady last night. Was a really good movie and a stunning performance by Mrs Oscar herself Merryl Streep. Not sure that Burgey would approve, but it was a very good movie. It focussed on Maggie's character and her coming to grips with her declining mental state. It really made little to no judgment on her politics. Top watch and if you're politically neutral or a Tory you'll probably like it. My only complaint was that it could have used more about Maggie's pre-PM life.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Did they play the song Altogether Now by the Farm. If not, then bull****. Should be the tune to accompany that film.

Watched Die Hard on Christmas Day. The missus fell asleep.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Looking forward to The Dictator

Get well soon Yuvi!!

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Same here. Looks really funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Saw Hugo the other day. Was fine, a bit too much of nothing real interesting happening. The young actors, especially the guy doing the lead role, were excellent.

Tintin was fantastic.

Visually amazing, and great fun.

Everyone who uses Orange wednesday can **** off

Thanks

Thread Information