Cricket Player Manager
Page 590 of 692 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590591592600640690 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 10372
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Hmmm, so a stuntman died on the set of The Expendables 2.

Wait a sec, The Expendables 2?

/looks at cast list

No Mickey Rourke but they have added JCVD and Chuck Norris

Just missing RC, aye Jono.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Watched Paranormal Activity 3 and it scared the **** out of me. Pretty much the same premise set in 1980s. Dad sets up cameras in the bedrooms and a brilliant camera on rotating fan. The last camera works real good, keeping you guessing and scared about what is going on in the other part of the room. Loved the movie overall.

Watched Hangover 2, pretty much the same crack as the first one and I know a few people that didn't find it as funny as the first but I absolutely pissed myself, for some reason I enjoyed it more than the first one.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Saw Midnight in Paris the other night, was surprisingly decent. Not usually a fan of Woody Allen, and usually dislike Owen Wilson immensely, but this actually all came together quitce nicely. Decent little film.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Normally I pick up on the fact that a film is a Woody Allen film (pretty obvious), but midnight in Paris was different and I also happened to enjoy it. However, I wish it had been a different lead role than Owen Wilson.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    I can't think of many roles that would suit Owen Wilson to be honest, but thought he was a decent match for this one.

I actually prefer his brother tbh. But he is more suited for comedy, especially considering his nose. lol

His best in quite some time. Certainly better than the ****house Match Point. Owen Wilson carried that film well. He's a pretty charismatic fella which nicely gilded Allen's sombre neurosis. Not sure I agreed with parable, though. Plenty of other generations I'd prefer to inhabit.

Anyone seen Immortals. Saw it in the cinema a few days before. If you like action go watch it, otherwise it was a pile of ****e. Crap story line with stupid and irrelevant characters. Also way off canon Greek mythology. Smali you will like it for the action lol.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas fir View Post
    His best in quite some time. Certainly better than the ****house Match Point. Owen Wilson carried that film well. He's a pretty charismatic fella which nicely gilded Allen's sombre neurosis. Not sure I agreed with parable, though. Plenty of other generations I'd prefer to inhabit.
    So if you had the opportunity to live in an era, which one would it be? For me, it would be around 1850-1890, after the Napoleonic wars, during the industrial revolution, but before the British Empire's decline after WW1.

That's an esoteric answer. Very interesting. Put me on the spot a bit. umm somewhere with a good arts scene - that is most important. Though suffering and oppression has often bore the best art so it can be a double edged sword. Manchester had fantastic music from the 70s - 90s but it seems it would've been a difficult place to live. haha, Paris in the 20s seems nice or the 60s. Oregon during the 90s. Berlin from the mid 70s to 80s. New York during the 50s or 20s? Lots of great lit, jazz and soul (for the former). Norleans during the 30s. So much choice.

So you must have really liked the film then. Fits your artsy timeline.

haha. I'll give it a good and fun rating. He's done much better.

Bane looks badass

From SuperHeroHype.com and Empire magazine:
    New Photos From The Dark Knight Rises! | Superhero Hype

In the article, Nolan reveals that the story picks up eight years after The Dark Knight. "It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after 'The Dark Knight.' So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state. With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally."

Tom Hardy said that Bane is "brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action."

Costume designer Lindy Hemming also talked about Bane's mask in the film. "He was injured early in his story. He's suffering from pain and needs gas to survive. He can't survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at his back, where there are two cannisters."

Nolan added that the prologue coming with Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol in IMAX "is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. It's an introduction to Bane, and a taste of the rest of the film."

Quote Originally Posted by nsniks View Post
    Bane looks badass

From SuperHeroHype.com and Empire magazine:
    New Photos From The Dark Knight Rises! | Superhero Hype

In the article, Nolan reveals that the story picks up eight years after The Dark Knight. "It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after 'The Dark Knight.' So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state. With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally."

Tom Hardy said that Bane is "brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action."

Costume designer Lindy Hemming also talked about Bane's mask in the film. "He was injured early in his story. He's suffering from pain and needs gas to survive. He can't survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at his back, where there are two cannisters."

Nolan added that the prologue coming with Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol in IMAX "is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. It's an introduction to Bane, and a taste of the rest of the film."
    That just screams Achilles heel
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Thread Information