Cricket Player Manager
Page 589 of 693 FirstFirst ... 89489539579587588589590591599639689 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 10381
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Thanks for the disclaimer Agent otherwise I was thinking of watching it
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

I've seen quite a few decent films lately, the remake of True Grit, brilliant film highly recommend it.
    A film I knew nothing about called Stake Land, a vampire film but not your usual cheese ball fest, really good film surprised me tbh.
    Blitz with Jason Statham in was a good action flick, non stop from start to finish.
    Kill The Irishman a cracking true story crime flick, well worth a watch really enjoyed it.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Smali, don't be put off by what I wrote. There are action sequences in the film, however it's not your typical action film. It's not like fast and furious, or other similar car films. It moves at quite a slow pace, but it's full of tension and the music makes it really good.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    It better not have a lead character that uses some kind of Avatar/surrogate/dream body or I'll ****.

(My thesis is killing me enough already without another ****ing film)
    Last edited by Athlai; 26-09-2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Watched Centurion last week. Lacked novelty a bit and that was a shame really. It had reasonably interesting characters who acted pretty well but didn't have a chance to go any deeper than that. The storyline was hardly what you would call well thought out but it had its moments where you thought "hey this might turn out to be interesting".

Smalishah, you may find this one to your tastes though. It has a fair bit of action and is an "olden day" type movie which you mentioned earlier in this thread.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    I've seen quite a few decent films lately, the remake of True Grit, brilliant film highly recommend it.
    A film I knew nothing about called Stake Land, a vampire film but not your usual cheese ball fest, really good film surprised me tbh.
    Blitz with Jason Statham in was a good action flick, non stop from start to finish.
    Kill The Irishman a cracking true story crime flick, well worth a watch really enjoyed it.
    Jason Statham. Lots of cheesy action then

Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    Watched Centurion last week. Lacked novelty a bit and that was a shame really. It had reasonably interesting characters who acted pretty well but didn't have a chance to go any deeper than that. The storyline was hardly what you would call well thought out but it had its moments where you thought "hey this might turn out to be interesting".

Smalishah, you may find this one to your tastes though. It has a fair bit of action and is an "olden day" type movie which you mentioned earlier in this thread.
    Thanks for this Himan. Will take a look at the Centurion. Reminds me of the cartoons called Centurions on cartoon network back in the early 90s.

smiley, if you like action thrillers with car chases, you should watch 'Its a mad mad mad mad world'. You may thank me later.
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    smiley, if you like action thrillers with car chases, you should watch 'Its a mad mad mad mad world'. You may thank me later.

Like that movie, ftr.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post

Like that movie, ftr.
    I like it too. My only complaint would be that I can't seem to sit myself for a repeat viewing because it is, IMO, a tad too long for a straightforward plot.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    hmmmm

I'll take your advice.....I must curse you later

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Watched Source Code the other night. Cracker of a flick, drew me in nice and steady so by the end of it I didn't give a **** about how impossible the whole thing was, really entertaining and satisfying. As much a philisophical thriller as sci-fi action flick, kind of Matrix-meets-GroundHogDay-meets-Inception.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Watched Source Code the other night. Cracker of a flick, drew me in nice and steady so by the end of it I didn't give a **** about how impossible the whole thing was, really entertaining and satisfying. As much a philisophical thriller as sci-fi action flick, kind of Matrix-meets-GroundHogDay-meets-Inception.
    Immersive hero ftw

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    So what movies are actually showing atm? Have heard about nothing.
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Watched Paranormal Activity last night. Was very impressed with it despite not being a very big fan of horror movies in general. Love the slow and continous buildup and the tension that continously rises as the movie progresses. It has a cold underlying edge to it for almost the whole movie keeping you quite captivated. Bit of a breakaway from the traditional horror movie I suppose.

Watched X-Men First Class finally last weekend after wanting to watch it for a while. Quite liked it on the whole despite my somewhat sceptical expectations.

**** I love Pineapple Express.

No, I see the monkey's out of the bottle now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Thread Information