Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    I'm 72% sure you're a ****.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    I'm 72% sure you're a ****.
    That's because you're a **** who can't count.

Salt is the stupidest movie I've ever seen. Good fun though.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah View Post
    hows scott polgrim vs the world?
    I appreciated it, but I didn't like it. It is a fantastic take on the Indie culture, but had me smiling/laughing all of twice. And it dragged on a tad.

Pratters won't like it/get it.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Just saw Four Lions. Thought it was hilarious for the most part, but no idea what to think about the ending. Definitely worth seeing though.
    Like punching yourself in the face

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Movie-related;

Internet Fail: Blockbuster Reportedly Plans Bankruptcy | Epicenter| Wired.com

The Microsoft of video stores is going down in flames and it's awesome. Almost never had a good experience with those arseholes.

Movie-related;

The Microsoft of video stores is going down in flames and it's awesome. Almost never had a good experience with those arseholes.
    Not sure how they're connected with Australian Blockbusters, but all the ones around my area have closed down within he last 6 months including one that was around since I was a youngster.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    It's very hard for Video stores to compete in the modern day. We rarely use them any more we get our movies through the post on Bigpond Movies. There are no late fees and the process is so simple.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Movie-related;

This was bound to happen sooner or later.
    Firstly, people in general are lazier and have less time. They would rather have movies delivered on their door step than drive to the local store, wait in the queue and rent movies.

Secondly, if the CEO says this "I donít care how many movies are available to me. As my personal taste as a customer, I want to watch the new stuff so whether we have 10,000 movies or 200 movies doesnít matter if I donít want to see any of the movies that we have . . . our assortment is heavily weighted toward newer releases and mainstream staple titles." he deserves to go bankrupt.

He clearly has no understanding of the business he is in and who is customers are.
    His customers are not the imbeciles who are obsessed with Bella and Edward. His customers are movie fans who don't if a movie is new or old, as long as its a good movie.
    My local Blockbuster/Video Ezy/Network Video has such a poor collection that is absolutely pointless for me to go there. The movies that I am looking for, not only do they not have it, the sales person looks at me with a shocked expression when I mention the title.
    So bye bye Blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    It's very hard for Video stores to compete in the modern day. We rarely use them any more we get our movies through the post on Bigpond Movies. There are no late fees and the process is so simple.
    They were too myopic. Why didn't Blockbuster start Bigpond movies or Netflix? Everyone knew the writing was on the wall and they just sat and watched it happen and didn't really do much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    This was bound to happen sooner or later.
    Firstly, people in general are lazier and have less time. They would rather have movies delivered on their door step than drive to the local store, wait in the queue and rent movies.

Secondly, if the CEO says this "I don’t care how many movies are available to me. As my personal taste as a customer, I want to watch the new stuff so whether we have 10,000 movies or 200 movies doesn’t matter if I don’t want to see any of the movies that we have . . . our assortment is heavily weighted toward newer releases and mainstream staple titles." he deserves to go bankrupt.

He clearly has no understanding of the business he is in and who is customers are.
    His customers are not the imbeciles who are obsessed with Bella and Edward. His customers are movie fans who don't if a movie is new or old, as long as its a good movie.
    My local Blockbuster/Video Ezy/Network Video has such a poor collection that is absolutely pointless for me to go there. The movies that I am looking for, not only do they not have it, the sales person looks at me with a shocked expression when I mention the title.
    So bye bye Blockbuster.
    Just to emphasise this, independent one around the corner for me has a brilliant selection of pretty much everything you can think of and it's always packed.

That said, I will miss Blockbuster for the video games section which was always well stocked and reasonably priced.
    Last edited by pasag; 27-08-2010 at 11:51 PM.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Just to emphasis this, independent one around the corner for me has a brilliant selection of pretty much everything you can think of and it's always packed.

Sydney?

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    I appreciated it, but I didn't like it. It is a fantastic take on the Indie culture, but had me smiling/laughing all of twice. And it dragged on a tad.

Pratters won't like it/get it.
    Utterly baffled by this. Can only assume why people wouldn't like it would be down to their sense of humour...is that so, Hotp0tat0?
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Thread Information