Cricket Player Manager
Page 514 of 686 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564614 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 10276
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    T2 was way over hyped for me. It waited nearly 10 years before I finally watched it. I had way high expectations. Was always going to crash..

T3 is a good action film. Some people say it has too much action but I enjoyed the ride. A bit like me liking Quantum of Solace.
    Terminator 2 is like last word in action. It is one of those movies you never get tired of. Terminator 3 had some gimmicks, like that quite nice helicopter crash scene. But it didn't have anything new to offer.

Saw Knight and Day. I thought it was a good summer popcorn flick. The biggest negative being that it relies too much on the over-the-top action (and special effects filed)action scenes. I think the chemistry between Cruise and Diaz is the biggest positive of the movie. They really play off each other well. Incidentally, I never got the backlash against Cruise. Is he a fake? Sure, but who in Hollywood isn't? His problem was that his carefully maintained public persona exploded on him the moment he jumped on Oprah's couch and sat down for a chat with Matt Lauer. Meh. There are worse things that Hollywood stars do. Anyway, 7 out of 10 from me for Knight and Day.
    Last edited by Fusion; 26-06-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    T2 was way over hyped for me. It waited nearly 10 years before I finally watched it. I had way high expectations. Was always going to crash.. (Edit - I watched the extended version which didn't help. Sarah rambles a lot in it and the action in the middle is next to nil in that version)

T3 is a good action film. Some people say it has too much action but I enjoyed the ride. A bit like me liking Quantum of Solace.
    Worst post. T2 defined sci-fi action for me. T3 was just a horrible gimmicky movie that didn't interest me nearly as much, though the ending was clever. Really, 3.5 for T3 and 8 for T2 makes much more sense.
    RIP Craigos

Pratters, I think you need to do a bit more research.

According to imdb, T2=8.5/10 and T3=6.6/10
    Please change your ratings as the evidence is beyond a doubt.

Thanks.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    T2 was way over hyped for me. It waited nearly 10 years before I finally watched it. I had way high expectations. Was always going to crash.. (Edit - I watched the extended version which didn't help. Sarah rambles a lot in it and the action in the middle is next to nil in that version)

And with that post you lost your right to ever have your opinion on movies taken seriously. And I'm not even including the fact that T2 has You Could Be Mine in my anger FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Haha, T2 is so so much better it is untrue. Pretty timeless, the special effects still looked great well after the turn of the century, which is pretty damn impressive considering when it was made. Pretty much the best pure action movie I've ever seen I'd say. T3 is plain awful.

Better than the new on though, that was just an embarrassment for all concerned especially Mr Bale.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha, T2 is so so much better it is untrue. Pretty timeless, the special effects still looked great well after the turn of the century, which is pretty damn impressive considering when it was made. Pretty much the best pure action movie I've ever seen I'd say. T3 is plain awful.
    Yeah, T2 was THE action movie of the 90s for me. So many memorable moments, pretty much every scene is firmly embedded into pop culture these days and so many films borrow from it in one way or another. T3 was an abomination.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Gordon Bombay, what a man. Pure awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Pratters, I think you need to do a bit more research.

According to imdb, T2=8.5/10 and T3=6.6/10
    Please change your ratings as the evidence is beyond a doubt.

Thanks.
    Pretty lame. Sledger has often tried to misinterpret and misrepresent me. I often choose films which are highly rated by critics, viewers, based on recommendations by people, because of the director or the actor, or a random film I just want to watch. I don't judge a film based on the ratings. A film may be the lowest rated scum in the world according to most people but I may like it like Sweet November or the opposite might be true as well as in the case of T2.

And I agree with Liam when he said one should never write off a film before watching it. I just can't choose all the films to watch as there are so many films, so I choose like I have explained before. But I would never say 'this movie has a bad rating, so it must be bad'.

Regarding rating things out of ten, many movie fans do it, some movie fans like to rate films while others would rather not. The ratings may be stars, alphabetical or numberical or just about any thing. I am not the only one in the world who rates movies out of ten. It is one of the more popular methods of rating movies.

Sledger's takes on my movie watching are vastly boring and without any logic.
    Last edited by Pratters; 27-06-2010 at 06:14 AM.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Pretty lame. Sledger has often tried to misinterpret and misrepresent me. I often choose films which are highly rated by critics, viewers, based on recommendations by people, because of the director or the actor, or a random film I just want to watch. I don't judge a film based on the ratings. A film may be the lowest rated scum in the world according to most people but I may like it like Sweet November or the opposite might be true as well as in the case of T2.

And I agree with Liam when he said one should never write off a film before watching it. I just can't choose all the films to watch as there are so many films, so I choose like I have explained before. But I would never say 'this movie has a bad rating, so it must be bad'.

Regarding rating things out of ten, many movie fans do it, some movie fans like to rate films while others would rather not. The ratings may be stars, alphabetical or numberical or just about any thing. I am not the only one in the world who rates movies out of ten. It is one of the more popular methods of rating movies.

Just **** off you ****. There was no need to try and take a shot at me there. Die in a fire.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    If it's anything like your football watching, I'd say that was spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    LOL Pratters, you earned yourself that reputation, dumbass

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    LOL Pratters, you earned yourself that reputation, dumbass
    Coming from a staff member? Give him 7 imo!
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Coming from a staff member? Give him 7 imo!
    No no, that comment's not bad imo.

I've called ****s worse than that.. Can't cop a ban for syaing "dumbass" imo.

Corrin, did you send me a text message in German last night? Some **** did, but I dunno the phone number!
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Thread Information