Page 454 of 677 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 10147
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    So you don't have any films that resonate with you particularly?
    Can't say I do really, I can think of plenty that I enjoy and like a great deal, but I can't think of any I have a particular attachment to other than the fact that they are my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Um, I think I have around 600 movies. I have watched them all . I like all the ones that I have - that's why I kept them - but how many of them are close to my heart? I don't know...might depend on the day you ask me. Probably something like 50 of them I love.
    Wow watched all 600 of the movies. Top job. I have around 1000 but have watched around 300-400 of them. I have so much material of TV Series and films that if I don't buy a thing, it can last for 3-4 years. I also consider about 50 films close to my heart in total. I don't possess them all on DVD yet. I generally tend to buy DVDs only if the special features are promising enough.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    I'd say I've probably watched more than double the 600 movies - I just kept 600. I probably watch a movie most nights before I go to bed; on Holidays several in a day. I haven't watched TV for years .

If I had the security (moneywise) to do so I'd be involved with films. I'd probably want to write screenplays or direct. Actually, I would enjoy acting too.
    Last edited by Ikki; 16-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    ★★★★★

I have always had an interest in watching films but they weren't as easily accessible to me as it is now. Now, I can pick any obscure film I want to watch and get it. Many classics have still not been released on DVD mind.

I have watched films all my life but seriously started watching films around 5-6 years ago when I watched movies like The Godfather for the first time. I have a lot of ground to cover.

PS - I haven't watched much TV either but friends keep telling me TV Series are great, so I will give few of them a shot.

PS 2 - I wanted to get involved in films too. My dream job is to direct but I don't think I have the time to learn it because of my business. I shoot with my handicam as a hobby and that's it. I seriously want to produce some small budget local films in a few years though which I can do.
    Last edited by Pratters; 16-01-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Considering a film precious is something I find impossible to understand. Unless you have a particular old or limited edition copy of it or whatever anyway.
    Me neither, but I do have an unhealthy relationship with my CDs so can understand how someone who's a massive film fan might.

Anyway, someone mentioned 12 Angry Men a while back, there's also a very decent remake directed by William "French Connection & The Exorcist" Friedkin with Jack Lemmon in the Fonda role. Worth catching.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

There is a hindi remake of 12 Angry Men called 'Ek Ruka Hua Faisla'.

A fair few Criterion and KINO DVDs in my collection are very precious to me as are some other films like Greed.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Me neither, but I do have an unhealthy relationship with my CDs so can understand how someone who's a massive film fan might.

Anyway, someone mentioned 12 Angry Men a while back, there's also a very decent remake directed by William "French Connection & The Exorcist" Friedkin with Jack Lemmon in the Fonda role. Worth catching.
    Yeah fair, I could probably say the same about myself and books, but I always find books and music to have a bit more character than the majority of films I end up watching, though doubtless some would disagree. Just a matter of personal taste I suppose.

For everyone who pointed me to the '12 Angry Men' movie, thanks very much. Loved it from start to finish.

The Hurt Locker or The Hangover?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    The Hurt Locker or The Hangover?
    The Hurt Locker is a more serious film. If you want to have a fun time, The Hangover is the ultimate movie to watch.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Superbad > The Hangover. IMO.

Saw Speed Racer today and it lived up to expectations. Crap film based on a crap cartoon. The Princes and the Frog yesterday and it's definitely "the best thing from Disney since The Lion King". Seriously good kids film, with enough appeal to be a date movie. Shows that there's still life beyond Pixar for Disney.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The Lion King is so ****ing good.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Might see Up In The Air tonight. Quietly excited.

Good to have you back in full throttle in the forums Liam.

Thread Information