Page 162 of 674 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 10108
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Saw The Counterfeiters yesterday. Thoroughly fantastic, powerful and tough film.
    The German film? I wanted to see that during the Wellington Film Festival, but I think I missed the boat.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Saw Vacancy last night. Wasn't the greatest film, but was fairly tense for the majority of the movie. Luke Wilson did okay in a more serious type role.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Quote Originally Posted by PY View Post
    Gah, can't read this thread anymore because of the chance of people putting spoilers in....most annoying thing ever.
    The Joker dies
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - Unexpected. Actually went to this based on someone's comments on this forum (geg?) but didn't read anything about it before hand. Well filmed and exceptional directing - typically French whistfulness in there, but a stunning film 9/10
    Indeed. Fantastic film. One of my all time favourites now.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    The German film?.
    Yeah. It may be out on DVD (buy online, though). Not sure.

Saw The Dark Night yesterday, would rate as an 8/10. Very polished and well put together film, with notable performance from Ledger (obv).

Only downsides for me were the fact that I felt it was about 20 minutes too long. The two face storyline wasn't great and felt like it probably should have waited for a further film. Bales voice whilst dressed up as Batman was a bit OTT for my liking as well, granted he needs a gravelly voice, but it was a bit much. And the fact that all the bits of the film that didn't involve Joker were nowhere near as interesting as those that did.

All in all, very impressive, and the scene where Joker is walking out of the exploding hospital is just fantastic.
    Last edited by sledger; 28-07-2008 at 03:08 AM. Reason: stupid typo

Also saw Tales from Earthsea on saturday, don't rate, quite dissapointed tbh.

5/10.

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Saw The Dark Night yesterday, would rate as an 8/10. Very polished and well put together film, with notable performance from Ledger (obv).

Only downsides for me were the fact that I felt it was about 20 minutes too long. The two face storyline wasn't great and felt like it probably should have waited for a further film. Bales voice whilst dressed up as Batman was a bit OTT for my liking as well, granted he needs a gravelly voice, but it was a bit much. And the fact that all the bits of the film that didn't involve Joker were nowhere near as interesting as those that did.

All in all, very impressive, and the scene where Joker is walking out of the exploding hospital is just fantastic.
    I thought the Two-Face story line was built up perfectly. His story line should have ended when The Joker blew up the hospital. Was a little disappointed with how he finished his story line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    I thought the Two-Face story line was built up perfectly. His story line should have ended when The Joker blew up the hospital. Was a little disappointed with how he finished his story line.
    The way they built him up from Harvey Dent into two face was fine, it was just the way that he then ran around terrorising people for about 15 minutes at the end that felt slightly tacked on, imo it would have made more sense for him to have dissapeared when the hospital blew up and then came back for the next film (if there is one), the sub plot involving him kind of distracted from the main feud with Joker, would liked to have seen 10 mins more of Heath tbh.

Burger Time Champion!
    The way they built him up from Harvey Dent into two face was fine, it was just the way that he then ran around terrorising people for about 15 minutes at the end that felt slightly tacked on, imo it would have made more sense for him to have dissapeared when the hospital blew up and then came back for the next film (if there is one), the sub plot involving him kind of distracted from the main feud with Joker, would liked to have seen 10 mins more of Heath tbh.
    Yeah, it's not often I sit in a movie and want the bad guy to win (unless it's a really bad movie) but I really wanted The Joker to do over Batman. Thought it was great how the film-makers made me feel during that film. Two-Face should have definitely been saved for the next film. Maybe should have done a re-write of the film, and cut his last few bits out when Ledger passed away so he could be saved for the next film, Two-Face that is.

I think they felt they had to complete the theme of batman turning into a villain to lead into the next one though I completely agree and I would have liked to have Harvey not killed off and used in the next one. Hopefully they'll bring him back like it's rumoured.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    I think they felt they had to complete the theme of batman turning into a villain to lead into the next one though I completely agree and I would have liked to have Harvey not killed off and used in the next one. Hopefully they'll bring him back like it's rumoured.
    Yeah, I can understand why they did it, and something like that was neccesary like you say...just feel it could perhaps have been done better somehow, oh well, its nit-picking at an otherwise very decent film so I can't complain too much.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Spoilers everywhere

Have to disagree TBH, the whole Two Face angle was showing the influence of both Batman and the Joker on poor ol' Dent. The Joker wins and Two Face goes on a rampage. The death however may not be for real, the memorial was for the death of Harvey Dent, and he did die. But Two Face could still be very much alive, the fall wasn't that great after all, just solid enough to keep him down for a while. Maybe.

The bad guys win The Dark Knight, and only through the good guys lying about it does it seem remotely like a victory to them. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Anyone else love basically all of the shots Joker was in? Hanging upside down from the building? Hitting the remote by the hospital? The great face out the police car like a mad dog shot? All of them were so solid.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Hitting the remote by the hospital?
    Best part of the entire film for mine.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Best part of the entire film for mine.
    Closely followed by some of the BatPod sequences, the big prisoner on the boats course of action, the interrogation scene (I want my phone call), and the pencil trick.

Thread Information