Page 162 of 674 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 10108
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

  1. #2416
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    14,307
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Saw The Counterfeiters yesterday. Thoroughly fantastic, powerful and tough film.
    The German film? I wanted to see that during the Wellington Film Festival, but I think I missed the boat.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

  2. #2417
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,349
    Saw Vacancy last night. Wasn't the greatest film, but was fairly tense for the majority of the movie. Luke Wilson did okay in a more serious type role.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain



    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

    I'm Green

    The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

  3. #2418
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,270
    Quote Originally Posted by PY View Post
    Gah, can't read this thread anymore because of the chance of people putting spoilers in....most annoying thing ever.
    The Joker dies
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  4. #2419
    Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    19,450
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - Unexpected. Actually went to this based on someone's comments on this forum (geg?) but didn't read anything about it before hand. Well filmed and exceptional directing - typically French whistfulness in there, but a stunning film 9/10
    Indeed. Fantastic film. One of my all time favourites now.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig


  5. #2420
    Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    19,450
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    The German film?.
    Yeah. It may be out on DVD (buy online, though). Not sure.

  6. #2421
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,401
    Saw The Dark Night yesterday, would rate as an 8/10. Very polished and well put together film, with notable performance from Ledger (obv).

    Only downsides for me were the fact that I felt it was about 20 minutes too long. The two face storyline wasn't great and felt like it probably should have waited for a further film. Bales voice whilst dressed up as Batman was a bit OTT for my liking as well, granted he needs a gravelly voice, but it was a bit much. And the fact that all the bits of the film that didn't involve Joker were nowhere near as interesting as those that did.

    All in all, very impressive, and the scene where Joker is walking out of the exploding hospital is just fantastic.
    Last edited by sledger; 28-07-2008 at 03:08 AM. Reason: stupid typo

  7. #2422
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,401
    Also saw Tales from Earthsea on saturday, don't rate, quite dissapointed tbh.

    5/10.

  8. #2423
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,349
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Saw The Dark Night yesterday, would rate as an 8/10. Very polished and well put together film, with notable performance from Ledger (obv).

    Only downsides for me were the fact that I felt it was about 20 minutes too long. The two face storyline wasn't great and felt like it probably should have waited for a further film. Bales voice whilst dressed up as Batman was a bit OTT for my liking as well, granted he needs a gravelly voice, but it was a bit much. And the fact that all the bits of the film that didn't involve Joker were nowhere near as interesting as those that did.

    All in all, very impressive, and the scene where Joker is walking out of the exploding hospital is just fantastic.
    I thought the Two-Face story line was built up perfectly. His story line should have ended when The Joker blew up the hospital. Was a little disappointed with how he finished his story line.

  9. #2424
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    I thought the Two-Face story line was built up perfectly. His story line should have ended when The Joker blew up the hospital. Was a little disappointed with how he finished his story line.
    The way they built him up from Harvey Dent into two face was fine, it was just the way that he then ran around terrorising people for about 15 minutes at the end that felt slightly tacked on, imo it would have made more sense for him to have dissapeared when the hospital blew up and then came back for the next film (if there is one), the sub plot involving him kind of distracted from the main feud with Joker, would liked to have seen 10 mins more of Heath tbh.

  10. #2425
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,349
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    The way they built him up from Harvey Dent into two face was fine, it was just the way that he then ran around terrorising people for about 15 minutes at the end that felt slightly tacked on, imo it would have made more sense for him to have dissapeared when the hospital blew up and then came back for the next film (if there is one), the sub plot involving him kind of distracted from the main feud with Joker, would liked to have seen 10 mins more of Heath tbh.
    Yeah, it's not often I sit in a movie and want the bad guy to win (unless it's a really bad movie) but I really wanted The Joker to do over Batman. Thought it was great how the film-makers made me feel during that film. Two-Face should have definitely been saved for the next film. Maybe should have done a re-write of the film, and cut his last few bits out when Ledger passed away so he could be saved for the next film, Two-Face that is.

  11. #2426
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    The way they built him up from Harvey Dent into two face was fine, it was just the way that he then ran around terrorising people for about 15 minutes at the end that felt slightly tacked on, imo it would have made more sense for him to have dissapeared when the hospital blew up and then came back for the next film (if there is one), the sub plot involving him kind of distracted from the main feud with Joker, would liked to have seen 10 mins more of Heath tbh.
    I think they felt they had to complete the theme of batman turning into a villain to lead into the next one though I completely agree and I would have liked to have Harvey not killed off and used in the next one. Hopefully they'll bring him back like it's rumoured.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  12. #2427
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,401
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    I think they felt they had to complete the theme of batman turning into a villain to lead into the next one though I completely agree and I would have liked to have Harvey not killed off and used in the next one. Hopefully they'll bring him back like it's rumoured.
    Yeah, I can understand why they did it, and something like that was neccesary like you say...just feel it could perhaps have been done better somehow, oh well, its nit-picking at an otherwise very decent film so I can't complain too much.

  13. #2428
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,472
    Spoilers everywhere

    Have to disagree TBH, the whole Two Face angle was showing the influence of both Batman and the Joker on poor ol' Dent. The Joker wins and Two Face goes on a rampage. The death however may not be for real, the memorial was for the death of Harvey Dent, and he did die. But Two Face could still be very much alive, the fall wasn't that great after all, just solid enough to keep him down for a while. Maybe.

    The bad guys win The Dark Knight, and only through the good guys lying about it does it seem remotely like a victory to them. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

    Anyone else love basically all of the shots Joker was in? Hanging upside down from the building? Hitting the remote by the hospital? The great face out the police car like a mad dog shot? All of them were so solid.
    Direbirds FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

  14. #2429
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,401
    Hitting the remote by the hospital?
    Best part of the entire film for mine.

  15. #2430
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,472
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Best part of the entire film for mine.
    Closely followed by some of the BatPod sequences, the big prisoner on the boats course of action, the interrogation scene (I want my phone call), and the pencil trick.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Official NFL 2006 Season Thread
    By Fusion in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 16-02-2007, 01:16 PM
  2. Official Tri-Nations thread
    By ohtani's jacket in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 04:27 AM
  3. Official Formula One Thread - Season 2006
    By nikhil1772 in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 29-05-2006, 11:27 AM
  4. CW Movie discussion thread
    By Pratters in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 19-12-2005, 05:13 AM
  5. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 24-05-2005, 08:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •