Page 142 of 669 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 10025
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Hancock was originally a screenplay for a film called "Tonight He Comes". The story revolving around a darker superhero who when he climaxed killed whomever he was with. A story of sexual frustration, super powers and some genuine dark thoughts crossing what is good and evil. This got picked up by the studio's, reworked so they could actually make a movie that would appeal to a mass audience, and we find a dumbed down version of an original screenplay.

Not to say that the creative side didn't leave hints of its true origin though, yet financial constraints and wants just have to dictate the content of a blockbuster film in this business.

On Kung Fu Panda, it was genuinely funny with some pretty bloody good fight scenes though the first five minutes is probably the best bit of the movie. The Panda's dream is just so awesome you could go blind.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Yeah agreed completely. Anybody who thinks Smith has a linear acting style hasn't watched enough of his movies. I'd say that about the likes of Nick Cage and Denzel before Smith anyway.
    cage maybe, denzel no way....he has been a much better actor than smith..

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    cage maybe, denzel no way....he has been a much better actor than smith..
    Yeah come to think of it Denzel is definitely > Smith. Absolutely loved him in Man On Fire. The bollywood rip-off was hilarious.
    RIP Craigos

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Yeah come to think of it Denzel is definitely > Smith. Absolutely loved him in Man On Fire. The bollywood rip-off was hilarious.
    Denzel is amazing in Remember The Titans too. Best sports movie of all time for mine, largely thanks to his performance.

most masala ripoffs are disgusting...so no surprise...

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Denzel is amazing in Remember The Titans too. Best sports movie of all time for mine, largely thanks to his performance.
    Yeah was definitely better than I thought it would be and was surprisingly good, though Man On Fire is his best IMO. I love how he turns ordinary films into an interesting watch like Out Of Time and Deja Vu.

Denzel is a strong male lead actor but I can't see how anyone thinks he's any better than Smith, clearly doesn't hold Smith's charisma which appears limitless. I think Denzel was probably finest in Philadelphia, or John Q. While by no means a poor actor he's no Brando.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwest Philadelphia, born and raised...
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwest Philadelphia, born and raised...

Denzel is a strong male lead actor but I can't see how anyone thinks he's any better than Smith, clearly doesn't hold Smith's charisma which appears limitless. I think Denzel was probably finest in Philadelphia, or John Q. While by no means a poor actor he's no Brando.
    brando was a really good actor for his time...and he had tremendous screen presence and charisma but purely on acting ability, washington easily trumps him as well as smith, so do a lot of the other modern acting greats...
    Last edited by Anil; 08-07-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    brando was a really good actor for his time...and he had tremendous screen presence and charisma but purely on acting ability, washington easily trumps him as well as smith, so do a lot of the other modern acting greats...
    Last edited by Athlai; 08-07-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Will Smith is an excellent actor.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

once again brando was a mega star, and it helped that he was a good actor as well...but when you confuse screen presence and charisma and popularity with great acting, you tend to react like the above..., you might as well say john wayne and clint eastwood for example are great actors as well(brando is actually better than both, but by no means was he a great actor...)

Brando was the original big screen character actor, ask any actor or film maker who was the greatest and his name will often if not always be the one that comes out first. His charisma was that of a lethargic one, shown clearly through his decline and death, his talent however was undeniable. He would imitate anything and anyone in his childhood and often spent days dressed as the characters he played. The assertation that Denzel > Brando is like Hayden > Bradman. You look at actors like Robert De Niro or Leonardo DiCarpio, their entire style was founded by this man. He is considered the greatest actor of all time and you simply give him the tag of a Will Smith-esque charisma actor. I may as well quit film school now.

I love Will Smith, and he has a greater range than Denzel, but to call him a better actor is a stretch. What exactly makes you think that other than his 'charisma', which IMO, whilst true, isn't enough to trump Denzel's best qualities.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Thread Information