Cricket Player Manager
Page 141 of 693 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 10381
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Recently saw 'Tampopo', one of the best films I've ever seen. Very unique. Don't watch it on an empty stomach because you will be ravenous 5 minutes into it. Worst thing to happen to it will be if Hollywood tries to remake it. It's over 20 years old so the chances of that are (thankfully) remote and it'd be too tough to do anyway. But it's an amazing film.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Saw hancock...thought it was decent tbh...loved Will smith's acting...probably cos im a fan tho...as for the film in general, it had a few good twists but i felt that the story ended just as it was beginning if that makes sense. It needed to be developed further and film had to be longer TBF

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Tbh Will Smith acts the same in near enough every film he has been cast in since the turn of the century, its just him on screen, portraying the same characteristics for 2hrs.

hancock was a horrible movie...the first 1/3rd of the movie was pretty watchable and then it deteriorated into an almighty mess...very disappointing....

saw kung-fu panda...very nice...genuinely funny....well worth a watch....

Saw two movies I've had on DVD for a couple of years but never gotten around to watching. The first was Monster. Genuinely hard film to get through, had to pause every 5 minutes or so it was that unbearable. The second was Happiness from the late 90s, not sure if anyone has watched it on here. Can't really describe it, it's a great movie but unwatchable and cringeworthy in parts and hilarious in others. All the performances are incredible though, especially for some of the issues dealt with. Interestingly both films used the saying 'where there's life there's hope' in an ironic way in the last few minutes.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Tbh Will Smith acts the same in near enough every film he has been cast in since the turn of the century, its just him on screen, portraying the same characteristics for 2hrs.
    Yeh, Will Smith, a script that took 9 minutes to write and a multi million dollar advertising campaign is all you need to score a box office hit these days

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Ali and Pursuit of Happiness > you. The latter is an underwhelming film, but Will Smith is excellent.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Ali and Pursuit of Happiness > you. The latter is an underwhelming film, but Will Smith is excellent.
    why was pursuit of happyness underwhelming? thought it was an excellent, inspiring film....

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    why was pursuit of happyness underwhelming? thought it was an excellent, inspiring film....
    I thought the Pursuit of Happiness was a bit of a let down, I could see what it was aiming at but it was boring for me and I don't think Smith was quite suited to the role (though that's probably because it's so detached from anything I can remember him doing previously). Kind of unavoidable given that the film had to end like it did, but I also felt the whole thing was a bit formulaic and obvious as well. Smith falls on troubled times, some vaguely emotional/psuedo philisophical things are said, film drags on a bit before everyone ends up happily ever after. Good premise for a film, but I don't think it was executed all that well.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Hancock looks pretty **** TBH, just another crappy cliched super-hero film. Too many of them nowadays. The Incredibles was the only good recent one IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Hancock looks pretty **** TBH, just another crappy cliched super-hero film. Too many of them nowadays. The Incredibles was the only good recent one IMO.
    I'm glad i'm not the only one on the planet that can see this

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Hancock looks pretty **** TBH, just another crappy cliched super-hero film. Too many of them nowadays.
    it is not even cliched...it tries to veer away from the formula, tries a new tack, but is so directionless by the end and in my opinion, falls flat on its face...

Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    I thought the Pursuit of Happiness was a bit of a let down, I could see what it was aiming at but it was boring for me and I don't think Smith was quite suited to the role (though that's probably because it's so detached from anything I can remember him doing previously). Kind of unavoidable given that the film had to end like it did, but I also felt the whole thing was a bit formulaic and obvious as well. Smith falls on troubled times, some vaguely emotional/psuedo philisophical things are said, film drags on a bit before everyone ends up happily ever after. Good premise for a film, but I don't think it was executed all that well.
    i thought smith and his son did excellent jobs and the movie was taken very well...it was based on a true story so it really cannot be called formulaic in that sense...the fact that someone could go through so much hardship and still keep trying and not lose hope was an inspiring message...the fact that he became wildly successful in the end accentuates the message...

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Yeah agreed completely. Anybody who thinks Smith has a linear acting style hasn't watched enough of his movies. I'd say that about the likes of Nick Cage and Denzel before Smith anyway.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Thread Information