Cricket Player Manager
Page 138 of 687 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 10299
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Finally got around to watching Citizen Kane last night, what are people's thoughts on it?

Personaly, I don't see exactly what all the hype is about after one viewing, which probably isn't suprising given how few black+white films I watch and how the innovativeness of Kane is all but lost of me.

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    You mean Night Watch and Day Watch?

I have seen Night Watch, awesome movie.
    The sequel Day Watch, I got hold of it only to find it was a dubbed version, so haven't seen it yet. Looks awesome though. Apparently there is a 3rd movie on the way, Twilight Watch?
    The second one is much better than the first and has some excellent special effects, look out for the car on the building scene for one. It's a bit more coherent than the first but still a tad B Grade and cliche for Hollywood standards.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Nope, seen. Sentence is in the present perfect or something like that.
    Ah interesting, my apologies.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Get Smart, so awesome. Better than I expected.
    Agree. Have a brand new appreciation of Anne Hathaway after the movie too.

Thought it was an excellent movie.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Yeah. Was genuinely surprised with Get Smart. Was excellent.

"Would you believe Chuck Norris with a BB gun?"
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Saw Blue Harvest on TV last night. Got quite a few laughs from it. Can't decide which is my favourite bit: the Doctor Who reference or the Blues Brothers reference.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Just finished Watching Alvin and the Chipmunks with the kids I'm babysitting. Thoroughly enjoyed it, even if the sound of the chipmunks singing made me cringe.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Saw Blue Harvest on TV last night. Got quite a few laughs from it. Can't decide which is my favourite bit: the Doctor Who reference or the Blues Brothers reference.
    Taped that, haven't had the time to watch it yet. Really looking forward to it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    Finally got around to watching Citizen Kane last night, what are people's thoughts on it?

Personaly, I don't see exactly what all the hype is about after one viewing, which probably isn't suprising given how few black+white films I watch and how the innovativeness of Kane is all but lost of me.
    You have to remember the context. Read up about the film and watch other films preceding it and those that came soon after it. It was a revolutionary application of technique, rather than the creation of anything new. Revolutionary recycling essentially. Great film, but not the greatest ever.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Burger Time Champion!
    Saw Sunshine yesterday. Wasn't a bad movie at all. Quite enjoyed it.

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    You have to remember the context. Read up about the film and watch other films preceding it and those that came soon after it. It was a revolutionary application of technique, rather than the creation of anything new. Revolutionary recycling essentially. Great film, but not the greatest ever.
    Yeh i was reading a reviews/articles on it before, I think I might give it another watch in a few weeks as I definitely didn't think I understood it all that well the first time(not as in the plot, more as in what the film as a whole was about)

I watched 'Control' today. The acting/directing is just amazing, Sam Riley's performance as Curtis was outstanding in particular(in his first major film role I believe). The film's obviously very emotional given the subject matter, but I felt it was good that it didn't descend totaly into a Ian Curtis monologue of depression which would have made it a bit unwatchable(I've worded that pretty badly i think). Personaly, I felt it was very sad towards the end, but I kind of struggled to develop empathy for Curtis given his constant un faithfullness towards his wife and his general demenour as being a whiny bitch(yes i know he was affected by his epilepsy and consequent drugs, and i'm not being entirely serious using the term 'whiny bitch', it just serves the purpose of getting the gist of my point accross), though I don't think that's what the film was inteded to do.

Would reccomend it to anyone over 15 really, especialy to music fans.
    Last edited by open365; 04-07-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Finished Jumper. And even with the warning on here, it goes down as the most disappointing movie I've ever seen. The flawed character development, the poor dialogue and it was only eighty minutes. Deadset most random ending. Devo.
    Should hav read this thread before watching it on the plane. Absolutely piss poor piece of hogwash with the only redeeming feature being that Summer (Rachael Bilson) was in it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    Yeh i was reading a reviews/articles on it before, I think I might give it another watch in a few weeks as I definitely didn't think I understood it all that well the first time(not as in the plot, more as in what the film as a whole was about)
    The whole "Rosebud" aspect is overrated. It's not the most important thing in the film. It's just an excuse to tell the story of this man's life. I read that Kane didn't even want to have the "Rosebud reveal" at the end. And I don't think the audience would have minded much if he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    Saw Sunshine yesterday. Wasn't a bad movie at all. Quite enjoyed it.
    Love that flick. Probably got a bit wacko at the end (won't spoil, but Sun-man was a bit too strong for my liking) but still a great watch.

Rose Byrne
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Love that flick. Probably got a bit wacko at the end (won't spoil, but Sun-man was a bit too strong for my liking) but still a great watch.

Rose Byrne
    Yeah, ending was a little bleh, but the lead up to it was excellent. Not quite Event Horizon, but up there.

Thread Information