Page 11 of 669 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

I'll have to look it up at the VideoEzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    my wife, shes dead, hi 5
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

My sister used to say to him, you'll never have this, you'll never have this, and he go crazy shaking his cage, except one day he broke his cage and he got it - hi 5!

Is it a cat in a hat?

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    My favourite line from that film was probably the simple "Very nice, how much?" bit.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to be a member of the CW Colts

Quote Originally Posted by burkey_1988
    Is it a cat in a hat?
    One of only two crap lines in the whole movie tbh

Blasphemy.

What was the other one?

Squirrel Soccer Champion!
    I saw the descent, and nearly vomited when that woman broke her leg and they put it back into place...

Aprt from that, a very lame film
    This Weeks Samit Patel Fact - Has been mentioned in 32 of my posts

The Rifles - Whats your verdict? www.myspace.com/therifles

Winner of Cricket Webs Shane Warne Award - 4-11th Feb

RIP Mr Woolmer, We are all poorer for your loss.

Third line of the movie. "Jagsemesh, I am Borat. I like you. I like sex. This is my village..."

That and the "cat in a hat" line were the two lines in the movie that I thought were a bit dumb, and him just saying something stupid to try and get a cheap laugh, as opposed to being part of his character. It's sorta like "ha - he said "sex", that's a naughty word!".

North Country - A very good performance by Charlize Theron. The movie was not as strong and deep as I would have liked it to be. There were a lot of extremes shown in the movie as well - like most men shown weren't good people and though it is easy why some one would go down that road given the topic of the movie, it seemed the easier path to take. The subject matter provided a lot of scope to make the movie very powerful and though it was a good movie, it could have been much better. 7/10.

Now, Voyager - Bette Davis was superb in this movie. The emotions about insecurity, lack of strength Davis goes through in the movie comes up for most people at some point in their lives. This aspect of the movie means that people can relate to the film even after many years. The love part with Paul Henried didn't attract me much at all but the movie avoided dragging with a very interesting second part where insecurities are revisted when Bette helps a child over come aspects similar to what her character must have dealt with as a child. 9/10.

The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex - I thought the movie dragged at places and even though it was based on a play and so there were many artistic liberties taken - some thing I do not always like when potraying real life characters. It was a love story more than a history lesson and it is better to take it in that vein. I liked Bette's attempt at the performance but it became monotonous after a while. I didn't find it to be any thing that great though many critics have felt that it was damn good . Flynn is multi dimensional as well. 6/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
    North Country - A very good performance by Charlize Theron. The movie was not as strong and deep as I would have liked it to be. There were a lot of extremes shown in the movie as well - like most men shown weren't good people and though it is easy why some one would go down that road given the topic of the movie, it seemed the easier path to take. The subject matter provided a lot of scope to make the movie very powerful and though it was a good movie, it could have been much better. 7/10.
    the story of the movie is a female fighting for her rights in what was then a largely male-dominated society and the industry she was working in was heavily skewed towards men so some emphasis needed to be made to show what she was up against....those kind of attitudes and much worse actually prevails in typical male-dominated societies and i didn't really feel there was a lot of stereotyping going on....

At her work place, we could have been shown a few male characters protesting and/or entering into minor fights with the sexual abusers or maybe how some one might have tried to protest but was handicapped in some way and thus unable to. I can see that it would have been close to a typical society the movie tries to depict. However, I saw it closer to black than grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
    At her work place, we could have been shown a few male characters protesting and/or entering into minor fights with the sexual abusers or maybe how some one might have tried to protest but was handicapped in some way and thus unable to. I can see that it would have been close to a typical society the movie tries to depict. However, I saw it closer to black than grey.
    maybe, but remember, this was the depiction of an actual event, this was probably how it took place and in such a work atmosphere and that many years ago, is it so hard to imagine a totally hostile atmosphere?

Totally is hard to imagine for me, yes. Slightly different perspectives I guess.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    A night at the museum....7/10 not a bad stiller film but nowehere near meet the parents/fockers/zoolander. some good laughs but alot of it is real predictable
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Thread Information