Cricket Player Manager
Page 103 of 686 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 10285
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: The Official Movie Discussion Thread

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Starts off all happy and normal, the guy's pleased to be there, then roughly halfway it goes dark as when the hidden stuff of the regime gets exposed to him. Liked the changes in tone.
    Was this in reply to me?

Anyway, I think its a little bit naive to assume that the main protagenist was unware of 'the hidden stuff of the regime'; being that he is a key figure in helping implement some of the devices of the state. My only conclusion is that he was naive enough to assume that key figures (such as the minister) didn't use the stasi for their own ends. Either way, even if you believe in his naivete, the transition comes almost instantaneously.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is just a very small caveat in appraising what was a well executed and very interesting film.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Punch-Drunk Love is one of my favourite films. Sandler is absolutely brilliant in it.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Punch-Drunk Love is one of my favourite films. Sandler is absolutely brilliant in it.
    Yeah, it's so good.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

The Gameplan...first movie of The Rock in a lead role that I actually liked.. Too senti and fairy-taley towards the end,but forgiven. Overall nice entertaining movie.
    Member Of AAAS

Supporter of:
    Liverpool FC
    Ferrari F1
    Iron Maiden (Bombay.Feb 1st,2008...I was there)
    UP THE IRONS !!!

International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhil1772 View Post
    The Gameplan...first movie of The Rock in a lead role that I actually liked.. Too senti and fairy-taley towards the end,but forgiven. Overall nice entertaining movie.
    A very good family film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I'm still bitter about BBC2 showing the signing of the Good Friday Agreement instead of the Simpsons.
    Manager XpertEleven side: BEST Indies FC: Won Champions Cup 1 season 5
    Premiership Last Man Standing: headhunter 26/10-26/11/07 Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
    CW Blue - We are the Blues, we never lose.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Saw Vantage Point today. Wasn't bad. Will expand later.
    Saw it the other day too. Would give it a 6/10. Was good-ish, but not great. On paper, I liked the idea of having multiple points of views. But I thought things could have been done better.

The most memorable thing about going to the movies that day wasn't seeing Vantage Point, but seeing the trailer for Cloverfield beforehand. I had heard somewhere that people were getting physically sick in theatres when watching, and I gotta tell you, the trailer made me feel a bit sick. Not the material itself, but the camera movement. Tony Scott styled wobbly camera taken to the extreme. I think I will give Cloverfield a skip.

ret
    Zwartboek [Black Book] .... a superb tale of a Jewish girl during the Nazi occupation of Holland .... It's directed by Paul Verhoeven .... It's one of the must watch films
    Fastest gun in town

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    It's on my lovefilm.com 'send out to me damnit' list, eventually i'll get to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ret View Post
    the Last King of Scotland .... what a film!!! It's a window to the life of the infamous Idi Amin .... Forest Whitaker is awesome in it
    Saw the beggining to it got tired half way through. Have to laugh though when he starts basically bullying someone but he's so stupid he doesn't know he is,

"I like Scotland except for the red hair which I'm sure you're women like but we find err disgusting haha"

lol
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

ret
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Saw the beggining to it got tired half way through. Have to laugh though when he starts basically bullying someone but he's so stupid he doesn't know he is,

"I like Scotland except for the red hair which I'm sure you're women like but we find err disgusting haha"

lol
    you should have watched it till the end .... it picks up once the Doc joins Idi. the acting by Whitaker is superb. iirc, he won an Oscar for that!!!! .... But i do agree that it's not a film for everyone like Spiderman is

you should have watched it till the end .... it picks up once the Doc joins Idi. the acting by Whitaker is superb. iirc, he won an Oscar for that!!!! .... But i do agree that it's not a film for everyone like Spiderman is

Is there such a movie?

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    I hope thats not an insult. I turned it off because it was about 1 in the morning.

ret
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    I hope thats not an insult. I turned it off because it was about 1 in the morning.
    what i m implying is that a film like the last king of Scotland will not have mass appeal like a film like Spiderman so it's understandable if someone doesn't like it .... films like Spiderman are made for entertainment value so it will have something for most ppl, while a film like the last king of Scotland is not just abt entertainment value but also abt portraying the horror that ppl faced during that era .... thats real horror, real pain that ppl have suffered .... the film is like a window to the life of a person who inflicted such horror so it may not appeal to just abt everyone

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Saw it the other day too. Would give it a 6/10. Was good-ish, but not great. On paper, I liked the idea of having multiple points of views. But I thought things could have been done better.
    Girl i was with tonight thought it was pretty meh, i thought it went alright.

Zwartboek [Black Book] .... a superb tale of a Jewish girl during the Nazi occupation of Holland .... It's directed by Paul Verhoeven .... It's one of the must watch films
    Got it on my Sky box, was described as Showgirls meets Schindler's List. Could do without the former but the Showgirls analogy is encouraging.

Thread Information