Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 150

Thread: A disgrace: "In another century, matt bellamy would have been Mozart or Beethoven"

  1. #1
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surbiton, UK
    Posts
    11,839

    A disgrace: "In another century, matt bellamy would have been Mozart or Beethoven"

    "in another century, matt bellamy would have been Mozart or Beethoven"

    This shocking statment which i found on a certain members msn screen name has moved me to make this post. How anyone could compare this little Weezle to two of the greatest musicians of all time is beyond me. Infact that anyone could compare him to any of our great 20th and 21st century musician is beyond me. There are thousands of musicians around that are far supieior to this third rate man and his little band of pretentions pompous prats. Muse are a band with massive ambition but they do not have the talent to back it up, as a result their music sounds like a big overblown mess. Just because Mr Bellamy tinkles away on his keyboard in a rather grand way does not make him Mozart.

    Everyone is entitled to an opinion but im afraid this sort of opinion is dangerously poor.

  2. #2
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,081
    sir, i have to concur, its time this 3rd rate rat man and his watered down poor mans radiohead are put in their place, as you say, this is a dangerously poor opinion.

  3. #3
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    In firm agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

  4. #4
    International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    3,558
    Hyperbolic, and obviously preposterous, but there's nothing wrong with Muse.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"


  5. #5
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,081
    but there's nothing wrong with Muse
    all the reasons listed above explain why muse are a poor act, poor mans radiohead.

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,201
    It's a Zane Lowe quote from BBC's coverage of the Reading and Leeds festivals. Tbf, Mr. Pitt did make some minor adjustments, leaving out the "I firmly believe" from the start, which makes it look more like opinion than fact. He also said "in another century, matt bellamy would have been a Mozart or Beethoven", but that doesn't actually make much difference.

    However, I disagree with your opinions on the talent of the man. Matt Bellamy is a very talented musician, and he presents his music in a different and unique style. I can't believe you're talking up Frank Zappa for pretty much the same thing in a different generation in another thread, but talking down on Mr. Bellamy in this one. Saying the music isn't to your taste is acceptable, but that post of yours, Pothas, is blatant hypocrisy. I wouldn't call him one of the greatest musicians in history, either, but I atleast accept he has a talent and I quite enjoy the music he produces.
    Last edited by steds; 27-08-2006 at 06:54 PM.

  7. #7
    International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    3,558
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    all the reasons listed above explain why muse are a poor act, poor mans radiohead.
    You forgot to add the abbreviation: IMO.

    I'm a fan of both bands and find them to be quite different.

  8. #8
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,081
    Matt Bellamy is a very talented musician, and he presents his music in a different and unique style.
    he certainly is, im not denying that, he certainly does, just so happens that the way he does it is pretentious and over the top and generally not much kop.

    I can't believe you're talking up Frank Zappa for pretty much the same thing in a different generation in another thread,
    i have never claimed he is similar to beethoven or mozart in any way.

  9. #9
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,081
    You forgot to add the abbreviation: IMO.

    I'm a fan of both bands and find them to be quite different.
    yes, in the fact that one is crap, and one is not.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,201
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    i have never claimed he is similar to beethoven or mozart in any way.
    Nor did I of Bellamy.

  11. #11
    International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    3,558
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    yes, in the fact that one is crap, and one is not.
    You forgot the IMO again.

  12. #12
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surbiton, UK
    Posts
    11,839
    I wouldnt say Mr Zappa is one of the very greatest musicians of all time, he wouldnt even be in my top 20 but he is brilliantly entertaining and that is what i said about him.
    I really dont see this muse talent and everything i say on this forum execpt when directly stating facts is my opinion i wouldnt post anything else. Mr bellamy has an average talent nothing more, Muse will not be rememberd as a great band.

  13. #13
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surbiton, UK
    Posts
    11,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundane Yogi
    You forgot the IMO again.
    what is the need for the IMO?, as i have said everything i say is my opinion and i dont see why mr Sledger or anyone else for that matter needs to qualify everything he says with it.

  14. #14
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,081
    You forgot the IMO again.
    ok fair enough, but showbiz rips off radiohead horribly, that is a fact.

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,201
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    poor mans radiohead.
    How? I see few similarities between the two.

    Edit: Oh, Showbiz. Wouldn't know. don't have it.
    Last edited by steds; 27-08-2006 at 05:38 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •