Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 150

Thread: A disgrace: "In another century, matt bellamy would have been Mozart or Beethoven"

  1. #31
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,700
    Agreed, But didn't you disparage Showbiz because it was a Radiohead ripoff?
    are you suggesting that rip offs are a good thing?

  2. #32
    International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas
    The qoute merly took me back in its grotesque overating of a muscian. Therefore i made this thread, im not saying i know everything about music far from it i know very little, however i do know that to compare muse a band that of course in my opinion are very average to some of the greatest compsosers who have ever lived purley because they have that psuedo intelectual pretentious side to them. I mean come on Black and Holes and Revelations is one of the most pretentious album names of all time! Its worse than the wonderfull pretentious "Piper at the gates of dawn" but atleast that is backed up by being a truely brilliant album. I dont mind people comparing rock and roll stars to classical compsoers but please do it to someone who deserves it!
    Perhaps mercilessly making fun of the fool who made the statement would have been a better way of making your point than ranting about how bad you think Muse are.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

  3. #33
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,941
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    ok fair enough, but showbiz rips off radiohead horribly, that is a fact.
    No, no it isn't a fact. Again it's your opinion and I don't agree with it. I love both bands and I can't see any resemblance except the tone of vocals, and for that both bands ripped off Jeff Buckley and freely admit to doing so.

  4. #34
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,299
    Pothas; get a girlfriend. QUICKLY.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp


  5. #35
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,700
    No, no it isn't a fact. Again it's your opinion and I don't agree with it. I love both bands and I can't see any resemblance except the tone of vocals, and for that both bands ripped off Jeff Buckley and freely admit to doing so.
    listen to bones by radiohead, then listen to uno by muse, its practically teh same song.

  6. #36
    International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    are you suggesting that rip offs are a good thing?
    That's perhaps another topic altogether

    I'm confused though - you seem to be saying Showbiz is supposedly a "ripoff" to backup your "Muse is crap" theme, yet when I point out that Radiohead's best known song could also be considered a ripoff, you defend it. I don't get it.

  7. #37
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surbiton, UK
    Posts
    12,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    Pothas; get a girlfriend. QUICKLY.
    interesting point from someone who posts in depth essays about sex offenders

  8. #38
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,941
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    listen to bones by radiohead, then listen to uno by muse, its practically teh same song.

    If you say so. They sound pretty different to me.

  9. #39
    International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    3,560
    Ed, who's that in your avatar?

  10. #40
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,700
    I'm confused though - you seem to be saying Showbiz is supposedly a "ripoff" to backup your "Muse is crap" theme, yet when I point out that Radiohead's best known song could also be considered a ripoff, you defend it. I don't get it.
    fake plastic tree's rips off nothing.

  11. #41
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,299

    interesting point from someone who posts in depth essays about sex offenders
    Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact I chase them for a living would it?

    I'd make a point about tongues being firmly planted in cheeks with my original comment but I doubt you've had one in yours so it's pointless.


  12. #42
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,700
    If you say so. They sound pretty different to me.
    maybe i have the wrong song, but none the less its one from showbiz.

  13. #43
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundane Yogi
    Ed, who's that in your avatar?
    Mr Bellamy himself.

    I think he's awesome regardless of what other people think. Some people go over the top for sure but just as many underrate him hugely. He definitely is a very talented musician.

    And besides, no one else could do the fishing scene in the Hullabaloo DVD. "I got a pwoper fish!"

  14. #44
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surbiton, UK
    Posts
    12,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact I chase them for a living would it?

    I'd make a point about tongues being firmly planted in cheeks with my original comment but I doubt you've had one in yours so it's pointless.

    to be honest my tounge has been in my cheeck for this entire thread

  15. #45
    International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    fake plastic tree's rips off nothing.
    I know you're being mischievous, but I reckon if you asked 1000 randoms, most of them would recognise Creep over any other Radiohead song.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •