Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A disgrace: "In another century, matt bellamy would have been Mozart or Beethoven"

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    see above.

Breakout Champion!
    I'd editted.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    All I can say is "get over it".

The quote is in my MSN not because I agree with it - and whether I do or not is neither here nor there - but because I found it an interesting quote. I fail to see how this affects you in any way - I also fail to see how it is you gained ultimate authority over what is and what is not "great music".

And as for that sort of opinion being "dangerously poor" - danger of what? Having bad taste in music? Music is not the be all and end all of life, and whether or not someone has "good" taste in music does not make them a better person. What someone has in their MSN screen name cannot make them a "disgrace", either.

Please take your un-constructive, critical posts elsewhere. I've always seen you as a decent poster, Pothas - let's keep it that way.
    Last edited by Barney Rubble; 27-08-2006 at 05:44 PM.

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas
    what is the need for the IMO?, as i have said everything i say is my opinion and i dont see why mr Sledger or anyone else for that matter needs to qualify everything he says with it.
    I wasn't referring to you. However, when someone posts with an opinion as absolute as A is great, B is crap, it's probably a good idea to point out that you realise that it is just your own opinion and you don't actually believe you are the sole arbiter of such things.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

What someone has in their MSN screen name cannot make them a "disgrace", either.
    pardon? where have you got that idea from?.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    What someone has in their MSN screen name cannot make them a "disgrace", either.
    I'm not so sure. "Take that, ****ing yankee scum" wouldn't have gone down too well after 9/11...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    ok fair enough, but showbiz rips off radiohead horribly, that is a fact.
    Perhaps it does, I've never heard it. Pablo Honey, on the other hand is hardly original. Creep is grunge by numbers.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundane Yogi
    I wasn't referring to you. However, when someone posts with an opinion as absolute as A is great, B is crap, it's probably a good idea to point out that you realise that it is just your own opinion and you don't actually believe you are the sole arbiter of such things.
    But if i was to say that Cut Copy were better than Panic! then i'd be inherently right....
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    I'm not so sure. "Take that, ****ing yankee scum" wouldn't have gone down too well after 9/11...

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh
    But if i was to say that Cut Copy were better than Panic! then i'd be inherently right....
    Your point? Anyone's better than Panic!...

Creep is grunge by numbers
    nothing wrong with it as long as its done well.

pardon? where have you got that idea from?.
    My bad. Consider it rescinded.

Can't believe I just used "rescinded". And correctly, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh
    I'll have to take your word for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    All I can say is "get over it".

The quote is in my MSN not because I agree with it - and whether I do or not is neither here nor there - but because I found it an interesting quote. I fail to see how this affects you in any way - I also fail to see how it is you gained ultimate authority over what is and what is not "great music".

And as for that sort of opinion being "dangerously poor" - danger of what? Having bad taste in music? Music is not the be all and end all of life, and whether or not someone has "good" taste in music does not make them a better person. What someone has in their MSN screen name cannot make them a "disgrace", either.

Please take your un-constructive, critical posts elsewhere. I've always seen you as a decent poster, Pothas - let's keep it that way.
    The qoute merly took me back in its grotesque overating of a muscian. Therefore i made this thread, im not saying i know everything about music far from it i know very little, however i do know that to compare muse a band that of course in my opinion are very average to some of the greatest compsosers who have ever lived purley because they have that psuedo intelectual pretentious side to them. I mean come on Black and Holes and Revelations is one of the most pretentious album names of all time! Its worse than the wonderfull pretentious "Piper at the gates of dawn" but atleast that is backed up by being a truely brilliant album. I dont mind people comparing rock and roll stars to classical compsoers but please do it to someone who deserves it!

nothing wrong with it as long as its done well.
    Agreed, But didn't you disparage Showbiz because it was a Radiohead ripoff?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information