Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite TV show

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    I'd live a long life on a diet of Scrubs.
    Quite.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Current - Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Family Guy

Ever - The Fast Show, Seinfeld, The Office
    Last edited by _Ed_; 28-06-2006 at 08:56 PM.

The only TV shows I enjoy watching are House and Scrubs, though due to ... external means, I've seen all episodes of both of them, so I don't actually watch anything other than sport on the telly-box. Sometimes Futurama and Family Guy.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Seinfeld, South Park, Boston Public, The Chaser, The Glasshouse, Comedy Inc, Spicks & Specks, Family Guy.

All more or less in order.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cameeel
    Comedy Inc: The Late Shift
    yeh i thought of that after i posted mine, a shame they change the time/day every few weeks so you forget its not, ive managed to see most of this season though...

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    The Liam Camps Half Hour.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    "The deep and thoughtful plot lines and refreshingly youthful humour only serve to garnish the undeniable sex appeal of an allround awesome show." - Someone Important
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    "The deep and thoughtful plot lines and refreshingly youthful humour only serve to garnish the undeniable sex appeal of an allround awesome show." - Someone Important
    Your interview with Animal from the Muppet Show was hard hitting, yet fair.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Your interview with Animal from the Muppet Show was hard hitting, yet fair.
    Yep, I thought so. Hey, he's lived a hard life.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    I could easily watch 24 hr marathons of either. Add in Ironside and you have my 3 fav. old shows. I never enjoyed Columbo though. Maybe it was Peter Falk
    The problem with Columbo was you knew who the murderer was all along. Killed the suspense. Never really watched Ironside, but Quincy was a legend (even ahead of Diagnosis Murder!!)

To me a good sign of a class show is your willingness to buy it on DVD/Video when it comes out. So on that front i'll have to say

Blackadder - Surely the greatest british comedy ever. Ok, maybe arguments for Only Fools and Horses, but Blackadder won it for me by its clever twists on history and the quick, dry humour involved.

Family Guy - How it gets away with it i dunno. Oh, yes i do, every time it gets canceled (ie, every season), peer pressure brings it back

Phoenix Nights - The sad thing is, towns like that do exist (i'm looking at you Morecambe....)

Scrubs - Probably the best sitcom of recent years

Drop the Dead Donkey - Being a political kinda person, always gonna appeal to me. Bitingly topical and funny (and for the large part, written and filmed just days before airing)

Brass Eye - 6 of the best (and a paedophilic crabs special). Short and sweet. Absolute Gold

Look Around You - If you never caught this on TV, go buy series one NOW, in the style of the old schools programs, its misinformation at its finest and funniest. Series 2 wasnt as good (was a Tomorrows World parody), but 1 is comical nirvana. I cannot implore how amazing it is, you WILL be crying in parts.

As you can tell, i'm a comedy man through and through, though my missis did get the DVD of Goodnight Mr Tom last week (was a one off adaption of a childrens book, starring John Thaw), probably the best drama show seen on TV in years

I'm a bit of a closet soap person really. Blokes rarely admit it, but dispite the protests, actually do watch them when forced..... I find myself reminding female friends of plotlines and characters in Corrie from absolute years ago.... somehow a random conversation in work the other night (about a couple in the shop who looked scarily alike) turned onto the incest plot in Brookside years ago.... none of the girls had a clue what we were on about, but all the blokes remembered it!!! But yeah, Corrie and Emmerdale pass, Eastenders is just boring.

Honorable mentions have to go to Airport (gotta love the grumpy customers who miss their flights) and How Clean is Your House (man that always makes me feel guilty about the slight mess on my bedroom floor), that Trinny and Susannah make-over thing (they are annoying, but its compulsive viewing!), and i'd like to say wife swap, but thats gone down hill now its all prima donna's wanting 15 minutes of fame.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Seinfeld
    Frasier
    Star trek next generation
    The simpsons
    Family guy
    Whos line is it anyway?
    Captain Planet
    Last edited by GotSpin; 29-06-2006 at 04:11 AM.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Only naming one show was a little frugal on my part, I think - Scrubs, Family Guy and Angel have all come up already, as has The O.C., but I'd also like to throw in something a little left-field.

There's an American show called The Daily Show With Jon Stewart which is shown on More4 here, and it's fantastic - would usually be a bit too political for me to watch, but the humour in it is just brilliant. He basically just ruthlessly rips it out of the American government for 20 minutes, then does a bit of serious stuff, then starts up with the comedy again. It's a good watch.

I'd live a long life on a diet of Scrubs.
    I cant believe I forgot Scrubs!

The greatest comedy of our generation without a doubt. 5 seasons of complete hilarity.

I can't believe I forgot the Daily Show. Top notch stuff.

Pinball Champion!
    Updated

The Office
    Peep Show
    Brass Eye (so good, they banned it)
    Trauma Unit Johannesburg
    Max and Paddy
    Sewen de Laan
    Isidingo
    Deal or no Deal
    Special Assignment
    Match of the Day
    Cricket on Five
    Alan Partridge
    The OC
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information