Cricket Player Manager

Thread: 24 *Spoilers

24 *Spoilers

Did anyone else see the season 5 finale of 24. It was absolutley amazing. One of the most riveting hour of television I have ever seen. It had everything from the prevention of an attack the the impeachment of a president. It was one of the most exicting things I have ever seen.

Then the last minute was breathtaking, Jack, kidnapped by the Chinese and totured. Folks, this is how you make a show. Not like Prison Break, not like Lost but action packed, smart and not taking the viewers for a bunch of dummies.

24 is without a doubt the greatest action show ever on TV. Nothing looks fake or contrived. There is no other show that has such a willingness to kill off main and popular charachters like Tony Almeada and President Palmer. Thats why each episode is so thrilling, becuase besides Jack, noone is safe. And Keifer Suthrland, what more can I say, he puts on a cross between James Bond and John Mclane and is mezmerising to watch.

This season was just as good as Season 4, which is my favorite, but that is becuase I watched the whole season in about a week. I cant wait till next year. This is a show that is anything but cliche, always breaking the rules and is nothing short of brilliant. There never has been nor never will be anything like it.

(My first thread...yay)

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag
    becuase besides Jack, noone is safe. .
    The only other character to be in all the series and be alive up til Season 5 episode 22 is Aaron Pierce...
    Not got round to watching the last two yet so he may die in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Folks, this is how you make a show. Not like Prison Break, not like Lost but action packed, smart and not taking the viewers for a bunch of dummies.
    Ok, I'll try to be as respectful as I can, because I think 24 is a good show. But seriously, the whole concept of the show (just like Lost and Prison Break) is absolutely absurd! That's not the point though, we watch KNOWING that this concept is far fetched. All the action, twists, and even the actual 24 hour timeline on the show is impossible, if taken as a whole. So for you to say that the show doesn't take the viewers as "bunch of dummies", while implying that the other two shows do is simply wrong. As for characters dying off, Lost has killed many regular characters. In fact on that show, NO ONE is safe. Even Jack can be killed off (highly improbable, but still a possibility). The show will go on. On the other hand, 24's main lifeline is Kiefer Sutherland. Again, I'm not trying to bash 24, but rather defending Lost (and even Prison Break to an extent). I think all 3 are great shows. But you will find that the opinions you expressed about YOUR favorite show are the same for the fans of Lost and Prison Break, as it relates to those shows. Again, not to sound like a broken record, but I'm not bashing 24. I think it's a great show as well.

I am also a fan of all 3 shows, but whilst Prison Break and Lost get worse over time and stretch out minimal plot lines, 24 continues to be ground breaking and push the boundries.

With regards to killing off charachters, Lost only has gotten rid of fringe charachters such as Shannon, Boone and the 2 others I wont mention. They are not part of the top 5 of Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke and Sayyid who will never be killed off. Ever.

I think the problem with Lost and Prison Break is that they try and milk about 18 episodes worth into 24 episodes making it very slow.

Another thing is the finales, a season is a season, it should start and finish one theme, leave no loose ends. But Lost and Prison Break both end on cliff hangers. No resolution just wait for a couple of months if you dont mind. However 24 finishes the day, thats the end, next season will be something different, but you have the reward of the end.

Agan, I think both Lost and Prison Break would be excellent shows of they stopped trying to milk the episodes and the plot. Leave it at 18 or less episodes.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I am also a fan of all 3 shows, but whilst Prison Break and Lost get worse over time and stretch out minimal plot lines, 24 continues to be ground breaking and push the boundries.

Turn it up.

Ground breaking would be showing Elisha Cuthbert naked for the whole hour, 24 is not.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Thread Information