Cricket Player Manager
Page 215 of 246 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3687
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Girl Trouble

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Spoken like a bloke who has never worn a pair of well fitted maroon chinos itbt.
    More a fan of Val Venis style trunks, with the "I'm cocked" slogan written across the front tbh.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Nah I go clothes shopping with Burgey itbt.
    Canali sale ends this week. Get in.

You wouldn't really wear it to Ivy, but there's this thing called timeless elegance.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    I tried a few months ago with a girl who is basically gorgeous, ridiculously smart, very nice and sweet; but you can tell who still wants a CK model with a medical degree. Which might mean she is a bit superficial...or on the other hand she might actually deserve such a guy. I dunno.
    I think we have different definitions of 'nice and sweet' I don't put girls who list someone's finances and social status as desirable characteristics for a partner in that category.

I guess the fact I never played the game is why I didn't go home with a different girl every weekend. But I'm pretty happy with that. I always felt uncomfortable having to play an elaborate charade to have a chance at a conversation, it just felt stupid. The best night you have out are, in my opinion, when you meet someone and chat for hours without having to circle each other like mating pigeons for 2 hours first trying to make the right noises to get a leg over. Admittedly meeting someone you'll instantly connect with doesn't happen every weekend.

Personally I found the whole game a little sad though. It seems to be mainly populated by people who are afraid to be by themselves.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You're a ****ing idiot.
    Are you ********? It's a joke. I was being sarcastic.

I haven't agreed with some of what you have said in this thread, but I have understood where you are coming from. But this post is actually ****ing idiotic.
    You too.

That ripper had that reaction was funny enough, the others just made it stupid.
    Last edited by Ikki; 21-01-2013 at 03:48 AM.
    ★★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    I think we have different definitions of 'nice and sweet' I don't put girls who list someone's finances and social status as desirable characteristics for a partner in that category.
    Every person, girl or boy, man or woman, has some things they want from the opposite sex. I find it kind of naive how people will assume that if someone is super-driven, they lack emotionally, or what have you. It's not like in the movies where the jock is an asshole and the nerd is the nice kid. If a very successful woman, wants a very successful guy; who also has other qualities such as kindness, humour etc, then who am I to judge? I might not meet that standard, but it shouldn't mean that there is something wrong with the other person for not wanting me. That's why I won't write off someone as not being "nice and sweet" because of it. That term isn't exclusive to girls who'll be happy with a Tarago, 3 kids and living in the suburbs.

People here comment on "well, if she didn't like your honest approach in the beginning, then she was just a bitch", which insinuates that had she taken to your approach then she's more 'right' for you. In reality, it could be the other way and the approach just dissuaded the right person in the beginning. To make a clear example; just because you love someone you've met and dated, shouldn't mean you propose after the first week. There is a way you get to that point without making the other person feel weirded out; just as there is in trying to attract someone to get to know you better. That's something I've experienced and see all the time. It doesn't matter how great you think you are (and maybe you are) but if you can't get your qualities across then how can you attract the person you desire?

I guess the fact I never played the game is why I didn't go home with a different girl every weekend. But I'm pretty happy with that. I always felt uncomfortable having to play an elaborate charade to have a chance at a conversation, it just felt stupid. The best night you have out are, in my opinion, when you meet someone and chat for hours without having to circle each other like mating pigeons for 2 hours first trying to make the right noises to get a leg over. Admittedly meeting someone you'll instantly connect with doesn't happen every weekend.

Personally I found the whole game a little sad though. It seems to be mainly populated by people who are afraid to be by themselves.
    The bolded is a lazy cliche. Although, it is true I guess for some people, especially people who are younger. The above just doesn't make sense to me and I am responding to it because people tend to assume what I am saying advocates dishonesty, manipulation, etc; which it does not. I don't date a different girl every week. I date girls I like, that attract me physically, that are smart, have a good sense of humour and you can talk to. Anyway, for me this as a guide helps to get to know girls you're not sure about. "The game" is a bit of a nickname, which can have a negative connotation considering the seriousness of the subject matter, but, really, it is just a guide. Others can try their own way, c'est la vie.
    Last edited by Ikki; 21-01-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Every person, girl or boy, man or woman, has some things they want from the opposite sex. I find it kind of naive how people will assume that if someone is super-driven, they lack emotionally, or what have you. It's not like in the movies where the jock is an asshole and the nerd is the nice kid. If a very successful woman, wants a very successful guy; who also has other qualities such as kindness, humour etc, then who am I to judge? I might not meet that standard, but it shouldn't mean that there is something wrong with the other person for not wanting me. That's why I won't write off someone as not being "nice and sweet" because of it. That term isn't exclusive to girls who'll be happy with a Tarago, 3 kids and living in the suburbs.

The bolded is a lazy cliche. Although, it is true I guess for some people, especially people who are younger. The above just doesn't make sense to me and I am responding to it because people tend to assume what I am saying advocates dishonesty, manipulation, etc; which it does not. I don't date a different girl every week. I date girls I like, that attract me physically, that are smart, have a good sense of humour and you can talk to. Anyway, for me this as a guide helps to get to know girls you're not sure about. "The game" is a bit of a nickname, which can have a negative connotation considering the seriousness of the subject matter, but, really, it is just a guide. Others can try their own way, c'est la vie.
    True, everyone does have something they want. But what they want defines who they are as a person. If you're super driven to find someone who has money and a good job, then you're probably not the sort of person I'd want to hang around. It says something about your character. And I've never met someone who made these things their main priority in a mate that was an overly nice person. If this girl you met was, then I can understand why you went for her as she's as rare as hen's teeth.

And the bold might be a cliche in your opinion, but it rings true for many, many people I've known, including most of my mates and a lot of girls they've dated. Blokes love to talk up how they know the 'no fail' techniques to meet women, but every bloke I know who has done so will take anything that moves. Even when they're pretty good looking guys (I mean my mates...not the people they take home!).

If this is not you (and I've seen some of your photos, you have some very attractive friends who are female) then good luck to you sir!
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 21-01-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Are you ********? It's a joke. I was being sarcastic.
    Oh har--har, how absolutely ****ing hilarious.

Your imagination must be an extremely boring and lonely place.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Truth is it's not, for most, about hotness, money, etc. in isolation. For most people, they end up with people who are similar to them. Even in opposites attract scenarios, most of the time there are a core set of values which are similar or they perceive as similar at least. Of all the things which explain why people hook up, shared values is the strongest predictor with daylight struggling to keep up.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Something that occurred to me the other day, is that nearly all of my girlfriends have had shoulder length dark hair, and worn glasses. I'm putting this down as one huge coincidence..because that's what it is...probably.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar

No need to take it out on Ikki just 'cos the Italian Job didn't come off at the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    And the bold might be a cliche in your opinion, but it rings true for many, many people I've known, including most of my mates and a lot of girls they've dated. Blokes love to talk up how they know the 'no fail' techniques to meet women, but every bloke I know who has done so will take anything that moves. Even when they're pretty good looking guys (I mean my mates...not the people they take home!).
    Actually, in that sense I'd agree with you a lot. I agree, I'm not the norm in that sense since I can be picky - not just on looks or anything superficial but character-wise. If a girl doesn't come across sincere, or able to be sympathetic, I'm not attracted. FTR, the girl in question didn't ever say money/success is factor. But, from her dating record, it is clear that it is something which attracts her. Whether it is a flaw or not, I am not going to judge. In the end, as you say, you end up going after what you want.

In retrospect, maybe its my own ethnic upbringing and the girls I go for. Persians traditionally had/have arranged marriages and the parents look at a lot of things (finances, education, family, etc) that might not relate directly to the feelings one may have for someone else. I'm sure that's been ingrained in the women, as things to look out for, as the men, for things to be. Maybe it is the fear of disappointing their parents, or falling short of community standards, than really the desire to have all that in a partner. And, you know, as I say that, I think I've made a revelation. I think that is precisely it. Because I would claim that a lot of them are very nice girls at heart (however you define that).

Maybe boring, definitely not lonely.
    Last edited by Ikki; 21-01-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Something that occurred to me the other day, is that nearly all of my girlfriends have had shoulder length dark hair, and worn glasses. I'm putting this down as one huge coincidence..because that's what it is...probably.
    Most of mine have played violin at school. It's definitely a coincidence because it wasn't something I found out until I started going out with them.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Most of mine have played violin at school. It's definitely a coincidence because it wasn't something I found out until I started going out with them.
    Okay that one is weird
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    But, from her dating record..
    Whoah. Back up now. She has a what now? A dating record? Do you count the rings on her to calculate her age or has modern dating taken the Big Brother slant that it always threatened to?
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

I just love all kinds of balls.

Thread Information