Cricket Player Manager
Page 215 of 246 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3687
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Girl Trouble

  1. #3211
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Spoken like a bloke who has never worn a pair of well fitted maroon chinos itbt.
    More a fan of Val Venis style trunks, with the "I'm cocked" slogan written across the front tbh.

  2. #3212
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Nah I go clothes shopping with Burgey itbt.
    Canali sale ends this week. Get in.

    You wouldn't really wear it to Ivy, but there's this thing called timeless elegance.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  3. #3213
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    I tried a few months ago with a girl who is basically gorgeous, ridiculously smart, very nice and sweet; but you can tell who still wants a CK model with a medical degree. Which might mean she is a bit superficial...or on the other hand she might actually deserve such a guy. I dunno.
    I think we have different definitions of 'nice and sweet' I don't put girls who list someone's finances and social status as desirable characteristics for a partner in that category.

    I guess the fact I never played the game is why I didn't go home with a different girl every weekend. But I'm pretty happy with that. I always felt uncomfortable having to play an elaborate charade to have a chance at a conversation, it just felt stupid. The best night you have out are, in my opinion, when you meet someone and chat for hours without having to circle each other like mating pigeons for 2 hours first trying to make the right noises to get a leg over. Admittedly meeting someone you'll instantly connect with doesn't happen every weekend.

    Personally I found the whole game a little sad though. It seems to be mainly populated by people who are afraid to be by themselves.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

  4. #3214
    International Coach Ikki's Avatar
    Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Death Queen Island
    Posts
    12,815
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You're a ****ing idiot.
    Are you ********? It's a joke. I was being sarcastic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I haven't agreed with some of what you have said in this thread, but I have understood where you are coming from. But this post is actually ****ing idiotic.
    You too.

    That ripper had that reaction was funny enough, the others just made it stupid.
    Last edited by Ikki; 21-01-2013 at 03:48 AM.
    ★★★★★


  5. #3215
    International Coach Ikki's Avatar
    Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Death Queen Island
    Posts
    12,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    I think we have different definitions of 'nice and sweet' I don't put girls who list someone's finances and social status as desirable characteristics for a partner in that category.
    Every person, girl or boy, man or woman, has some things they want from the opposite sex. I find it kind of naive how people will assume that if someone is super-driven, they lack emotionally, or what have you. It's not like in the movies where the jock is an asshole and the nerd is the nice kid. If a very successful woman, wants a very successful guy; who also has other qualities such as kindness, humour etc, then who am I to judge? I might not meet that standard, but it shouldn't mean that there is something wrong with the other person for not wanting me. That's why I won't write off someone as not being "nice and sweet" because of it. That term isn't exclusive to girls who'll be happy with a Tarago, 3 kids and living in the suburbs.

    People here comment on "well, if she didn't like your honest approach in the beginning, then she was just a bitch", which insinuates that had she taken to your approach then she's more 'right' for you. In reality, it could be the other way and the approach just dissuaded the right person in the beginning. To make a clear example; just because you love someone you've met and dated, shouldn't mean you propose after the first week. There is a way you get to that point without making the other person feel weirded out; just as there is in trying to attract someone to get to know you better. That's something I've experienced and see all the time. It doesn't matter how great you think you are (and maybe you are) but if you can't get your qualities across then how can you attract the person you desire?

    I guess the fact I never played the game is why I didn't go home with a different girl every weekend. But I'm pretty happy with that. I always felt uncomfortable having to play an elaborate charade to have a chance at a conversation, it just felt stupid. The best night you have out are, in my opinion, when you meet someone and chat for hours without having to circle each other like mating pigeons for 2 hours first trying to make the right noises to get a leg over. Admittedly meeting someone you'll instantly connect with doesn't happen every weekend.

    Personally I found the whole game a little sad though. It seems to be mainly populated by people who are afraid to be by themselves.
    The bolded is a lazy cliche. Although, it is true I guess for some people, especially people who are younger. The above just doesn't make sense to me and I am responding to it because people tend to assume what I am saying advocates dishonesty, manipulation, etc; which it does not. I don't date a different girl every week. I date girls I like, that attract me physically, that are smart, have a good sense of humour and you can talk to. Anyway, for me this as a guide helps to get to know girls you're not sure about. "The game" is a bit of a nickname, which can have a negative connotation considering the seriousness of the subject matter, but, really, it is just a guide. Others can try their own way, c'est la vie.
    Last edited by Ikki; 21-01-2013 at 04:51 AM.

  6. #3216
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Every person, girl or boy, man or woman, has some things they want from the opposite sex. I find it kind of naive how people will assume that if someone is super-driven, they lack emotionally, or what have you. It's not like in the movies where the jock is an asshole and the nerd is the nice kid. If a very successful woman, wants a very successful guy; who also has other qualities such as kindness, humour etc, then who am I to judge? I might not meet that standard, but it shouldn't mean that there is something wrong with the other person for not wanting me. That's why I won't write off someone as not being "nice and sweet" because of it. That term isn't exclusive to girls who'll be happy with a Tarago, 3 kids and living in the suburbs.

    The bolded is a lazy cliche. Although, it is true I guess for some people, especially people who are younger. The above just doesn't make sense to me and I am responding to it because people tend to assume what I am saying advocates dishonesty, manipulation, etc; which it does not. I don't date a different girl every week. I date girls I like, that attract me physically, that are smart, have a good sense of humour and you can talk to. Anyway, for me this as a guide helps to get to know girls you're not sure about. "The game" is a bit of a nickname, which can have a negative connotation considering the seriousness of the subject matter, but, really, it is just a guide. Others can try their own way, c'est la vie.
    True, everyone does have something they want. But what they want defines who they are as a person. If you're super driven to find someone who has money and a good job, then you're probably not the sort of person I'd want to hang around. It says something about your character. And I've never met someone who made these things their main priority in a mate that was an overly nice person. If this girl you met was, then I can understand why you went for her as she's as rare as hen's teeth.

    And the bold might be a cliche in your opinion, but it rings true for many, many people I've known, including most of my mates and a lot of girls they've dated. Blokes love to talk up how they know the 'no fail' techniques to meet women, but every bloke I know who has done so will take anything that moves. Even when they're pretty good looking guys (I mean my mates...not the people they take home!).

    If this is not you (and I've seen some of your photos, you have some very attractive friends who are female) then good luck to you sir!
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 21-01-2013 at 05:48 AM.

  7. #3217
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Are you ********? It's a joke. I was being sarcastic.
    Oh har--har, how absolutely ****ing hilarious.

    Your imagination must be an extremely boring and lonely place.

  8. #3218
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,312
    Truth is it's not, for most, about hotness, money, etc. in isolation. For most people, they end up with people who are similar to them. Even in opposites attract scenarios, most of the time there are a core set of values which are similar or they perceive as similar at least. Of all the things which explain why people hook up, shared values is the strongest predictor with daylight struggling to keep up.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  9. #3219
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,723
    Something that occurred to me the other day, is that nearly all of my girlfriends have had shoulder length dark hair, and worn glasses. I'm putting this down as one huge coincidence..because that's what it is...probably.

  10. #3220
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Trapped
    Posts
    12,458
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Oh har--har, how absolutely ****ing hilarious.

    Your imagination must be an extremely boring and lonely place.
    No need to take it out on Ikki just 'cos the Italian Job didn't come off at the weekend

  11. #3221
    International Coach Ikki's Avatar
    Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Death Queen Island
    Posts
    12,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    And the bold might be a cliche in your opinion, but it rings true for many, many people I've known, including most of my mates and a lot of girls they've dated. Blokes love to talk up how they know the 'no fail' techniques to meet women, but every bloke I know who has done so will take anything that moves. Even when they're pretty good looking guys (I mean my mates...not the people they take home!).
    Actually, in that sense I'd agree with you a lot. I agree, I'm not the norm in that sense since I can be picky - not just on looks or anything superficial but character-wise. If a girl doesn't come across sincere, or able to be sympathetic, I'm not attracted. FTR, the girl in question didn't ever say money/success is factor. But, from her dating record, it is clear that it is something which attracts her. Whether it is a flaw or not, I am not going to judge. In the end, as you say, you end up going after what you want.

    In retrospect, maybe its my own ethnic upbringing and the girls I go for. Persians traditionally had/have arranged marriages and the parents look at a lot of things (finances, education, family, etc) that might not relate directly to the feelings one may have for someone else. I'm sure that's been ingrained in the women, as things to look out for, as the men, for things to be. Maybe it is the fear of disappointing their parents, or falling short of community standards, than really the desire to have all that in a partner. And, you know, as I say that, I think I've made a revelation. I think that is precisely it. Because I would claim that a lot of them are very nice girls at heart (however you define that).

    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Oh har--har, how absolutely ****ing hilarious.

    Your imagination must be an extremely boring and lonely place.
    Maybe boring, definitely not lonely.
    Last edited by Ikki; 21-01-2013 at 09:31 AM.

  12. #3222
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,490
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Something that occurred to me the other day, is that nearly all of my girlfriends have had shoulder length dark hair, and worn glasses. I'm putting this down as one huge coincidence..because that's what it is...probably.
    Most of mine have played violin at school. It's definitely a coincidence because it wasn't something I found out until I started going out with them.
    ​63*

  13. #3223
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    44,226
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Most of mine have played violin at school. It's definitely a coincidence because it wasn't something I found out until I started going out with them.
    Okay that one is weird
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

    Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.


  14. #3224
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    14,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    But, from her dating record..
    Whoah. Back up now. She has a what now? A dating record? Do you count the rings on her to calculate her age or has modern dating taken the Big Brother slant that it always threatened to?
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

  15. #3225
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cleverest lyric?
    By marc71178 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 277
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 04:59 AM
  2. Gran Turismo 4 trouble...
    By Natman20 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2006, 08:39 PM
  3. help this little girl
    By PAKMAN in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-01-2006, 08:16 PM
  4. Crowd Trouble
    By Swanny in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 21-06-2003, 04:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •