Page 207 of 268 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4012
Like Tree317Likes

Thread: Girl Trouble

  1. #3091
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,924
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    The ice rink is a place for lovers.
    ...of other men.

    Might as well take her to musical theatre.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "I don't think that they'll come close to us to be honest."
    - Steve Smith before the Ashes

  2. #3092
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    I have heard that Lion King is splendid, good point. Go with that, Redmunds.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  3. #3093
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    63,494
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    I'm not following anyone back to Australia, the plan is to stay here for two years or so, I've got an apartment near Holland Grove; a nice area and can cover the rent easily by myself. Might take the advice in the thread, tell her she's free to go back (even though she has no place to stay in Aus) but I'm staying. I've made a few friends here at work so it's not like I'll be lonely.
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Yes, but then we got back together and we moved to Singapore. I'm going to move back as soon as my visa is up.
    Thought you were staying and she was the one going?

  4. #3094
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    16,287
    Benchy good value in here.

    More sceptical than TC. Keen isn't always keen


  5. #3095
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CW BLACK
    Posts
    30,155
    If I were you Redmunds, I'd listen to Marcuss, he seems especially well versed in being a virgin.

    THE SEASONS BRING RELIEF. JUST LET ME LIVE AND DIE IN PEACE

  6. #3096
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    16,287
    (y).

  7. #3097
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    45,394
    The only girl you should take ice skating is your 10 year old daughter.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  8. #3098
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Marburg, Germany
    Posts
    24,735
    Agreed. Chicks dig daddies.

  9. #3099
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    14,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Thought you were staying and she was the one going?
    Yeah but my visa is expiring end of this month and I'm starting to hate living with her. While for her she has another year to go and is starting to love Singapore. Need to get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

  10. #3100
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Posts
    16,183
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    The ice rink is a place for lovers.
    Good advice. Especially if you're a bumbling oaf and she can skate well (or vice versa). Leads to ample, nay, copious of opportunities for bodily contact.

    As she helps you up off the ice after another pratfall.

    Just don't do the cling on to the wall and drag yourself round option as that will fail to lead to the contact specified and she'll get bored off and skate around somewhere else. You're much better off just going for it and coming a cropper in the middle of the rink. Preferably skating straight into another patron. Can't lose.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

  11. #3101
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Marburg, Germany
    Posts
    24,735
    Interesting to note cultural differences between northern and southern hemispheres with regards ice rinks. Am not suggesting it's because it's always ****ing cold/raining in the UK and therefore less of a novelty but I've no idea how to finish that sentence.

  12. #3102
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    20,840
    Ed take her to Ellerslie and spend the day punting IMO.

  13. #3103
    Hall of Fame Member Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    15,144
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    coming a cropper in the middle of the .
    Good Kiwism
    Last edited by Hurricane; 06-01-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

    Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

    Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

  14. #3104
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Interesting to note cultural differences between northern and southern hemispheres with regards ice rinks. Am not suggesting it's because it's always ****ing cold/raining in the UK and therefore less of a novelty but I've no idea how to finish that sentence.
    Fwiw, ice rinks are really popular here in Canada too. Great place to take a date. Especially outdoor rinks during the winter when there's light snow in the air, and the surroundings are lit up with holiday lights and winter decorations.

    It's also a great way to establish that initial physical comfort level and intimacy while brushing away any awkwardness. And if you're any good, it's a tremendous opportunity to exude some confidence. And if she's a little clumsy at first and inexperienced, you have the chance to indirectly signal to her that you'll have her hand and not let her fall and if she does you'll always be there to pick her up. Thus, showing to her that you're dependable, a man's man, a true class act, and that she can be herself and feel relaxed around you no matter how clumsy it may seem. Just make sure to take her somewhere warm afterwards, wrap her in a blanket, and make some hot cocoa (extra marshmallows for her) for the two of you.

  15. #3105
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Marburg, Germany
    Posts
    24,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Fwiw, ice rinks are really popular here in Canada too. Great place to take a date. Especially outdoor rinks during the winter when there's light snow in the air, and the surroundings are lit up with holiday lights and winter decorations.

    It's also a great way to establish that initial physical comfort level and intimacy while brushing away any awkwardness. And if you're any good, it's a tremendous opportunity to exude some confidence. And if she's a little clumsy at first and inexperienced, you have the chance to indirectly signal to her that you'll have her hand and not let her fall and if she does you'll always be there to pick her up. Thus, showing to her that you're dependable, a man's man, a true class act, and that she can be herself and feel relaxed around you no matter how clumsy it may seem. Just make sure to take her somewhere warm afterwards, wrap her in a blanket, and make some hot cocoa (extra marshmallows for her) for the two of you.
    I know it.

    Must be just the Brits then.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cleverest lyric?
    By marc71178 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 277
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 03:59 AM
  2. Gran Turismo 4 trouble...
    By Natman20 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2006, 07:39 PM
  3. help this little girl
    By PAKMAN in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-01-2006, 07:16 PM
  4. Crowd Trouble
    By Swanny in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 21-06-2003, 03:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •