Page 102 of 246 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3687
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Girl Trouble

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    DoG, there's really nothing wrong with coming on a bit strong if you back off when you see she's uncomfortable. It shows her you have both confidence and tact.

Tact, ffs.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson View Post
    Agree on the whole with that, but can seriously backfire if you come onto the bird you really want and end up looking like a sleaze - credibility gone in an instant.

The non-serious thing is a good start, but even that has to end before you proceed. Chicks that are worth their salt don't like blokes who do the dirty on a previous partner, knowing that it's a pretty solid form guide to go off.
    Heh, I know. I'm just being a cynical prick about. Personally would never string an innocent victim along like that because its a douche thing to do, but after a few years of teenage social life the above seems an effective if cutthroat and doucheish tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Or, DoG, just be yourself.
    Probably the hardest thing to do, because it can feel like going nowhere, but I agree.

Or you can take the previously mentioned asshole options
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    If you're naturally a really nice guy then you're ****ed.
    This isn't true. If you're a fawning little man with no self-confidence and like to think of yourself as a really nice guy then you're ****ed. Being nice in itself is not a hindrance in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    This isn't true. If you're a fawning little man with no self-confidence and like to think of yourself as a really nice guy then you're ****ed. Being nice in itself is not a hindrance in the slightest.
    This.

Being "nice" or not is hardly the point as to whether someone ends up hurting you.

You canact like a prick all you like, or be a perfect gentleman in the way you conduct yourself. The choice is ultimately yours.

But, you've got to look yourself in the mirror each day. If you can live with yourself when you're setting out deliberately to be something you're not, well I don't think that speaks well of you at all, frankly.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Moreover, it's bloody tiring if it becomes long-term and you have to keep the act up day in, day out.

Or, you'll just adapt your personality accordingly and become everything you hate.

It's win-win!
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Get her drunk and try to cop a feel.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    No, no, no. You misinterpret. It doesn't matter whether you're really nice or not, I'm just repeating the classic friendzone line when the girl says no.

DoG, I'll give some serious advice.

1) Listen to Burgey, he's usually right

2) Listen to SS, he's usually right too.

Now you're saying WHAT? How can this be? They always give the opposite ends of the spectrum.

SS is Mister Cynic. His advice shows you what is probably happening in that girls head and keeps you from getting ahead of yourself.

Burgey is Mister Positive Go Get 'em. He never fails from advising you to have a crack. Every decent man has his own awesomeness, one day at least one girl has gotta see that right?

So merge them up. Keep in mind SSs posts so you aren't surprised if it goes pearshaped. but don't let that discourage you from having a go.

My own highly un-original non cynical advice thats been posted already? Go out and have some fun. Girls are nice, but the sun doesn't rise and fall over them. Got ride a trolley in a carpark or read a book or something, and be patient. Girls are as numerous as rabbits, there'll be one for you in there eventually.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Being a **** works awesomely. Chicks dig confidence which being a **** means you have in spades.

The other thing is that no woman actually cares what you have to say, just ask questions over and over and all will be well
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Being a **** works awesomely. Chicks dig confidence which being a **** means you have in spades.

The other thing is that no woman actually cares what you have to say, just ask questions over and over and all will be well
    They do I reckon. I remember this time last year when a girl I know of was staring doe eyed and drinking in every word of anything one of my friends said.

She got herself friendzoned. (Yes by a guy, I know , he had a girlfriend at the time though, but when he dumped her he went for another girl).

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Ugly girls don't count for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Ugly girls don't count for obvious reasons.
    This girl was pretty hot tbh.

I think my friend must just have some girl in him. We always knew it!

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Thanks Flem.

Has anyone actually asked a girl if they consciously friendzone guys? Be good to hear the other side of the story, even though girls are insane.

And yeah, with my experience now, I'm generally not surprised by anything these days. Keeping in mind that the world is mad is a good way to go about things.

EDIT:

Just got this from wikipedia, under "nice guy" entry. Makes sense.

Tony Clink offers an explanation for why many women are attracted to the jerk rather than the nice guy:

"It's not because women like jerks. Women prefer polite over rude, and attentive over distracted. The problem is the way nice guys present these positive characteristics. In order to appear friendly and romantic, these 'nice guys' think they have to turn off their sexuality. They hide their desires in order not to offend, presenting an androgynous, asexual persona. The first impression they give is one of emasculation, weakness, and lack of desire. At best, they confuse the woman as to whether they even find her attractive. That's what jerks offer women that nice guys don't: they're not afraid to be sexual."[
    Last edited by Days of Grace; 06-05-2010 at 08:09 PM.

U19 Vice-Captain redhotchilipepa's Avatar
    In my experience girls consciously friend zone guys when they know the guy is interested but they're not so they friend zone them to alleviate guilt. I guess we think it is the nice/painless thing to do - we don't really realise how sucky it must be for the guy. I've done it before.... but that guy is a really good mate now and we've been good friends for almost 10 years (so that means I friend zoned him when we were like 14 so I guess that's a lot easier to get over?)
    RIP Craig - all round top guy. <3

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotchilipepa View Post
    In my experience girls consciously friend zone guys when they know the guy is interested but they're not so they friend zone them to alleviate guilt. I guess we think it is the nice/painless thing to do - we don't really realise how sucky it must be for the guy. I've done it before.... but that guy is a really good mate now and we've been good friends for almost 10 years (so that means I friend zoned him when we were like 14 so I guess that's a lot easier to get over?)
    Either that or he's not ever gotten over it and is silently but surely planning our deaths.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Either that or he's not ever gotten over it and is silently but surely planning our deaths.
    Thought Kirki was talking about you, mate

Thread Information