Page 101 of 246 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3687
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Girl Trouble

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    The prosecution rests.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Rubbish. Was friends with my missus for a year and a half before making a move, and we've now been together 10 years as a couple. You're just not trying hard enough.
    Look here buddy, we don't need your false hope splashed around this thread.

The last thing anybody who has been put in the friends zone needs is to hear that you can escape it. Better just to tell him that there's no hope and to try and find a new bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Best way out of friendzone is to stop acting like a friend. See other friends, make like you've got a ton of other people you're currently catching up and enjoying the **** out of it. Often enough to bet on, you'll be a candidate for one of her zones again and it won't be the FMZ (and yes it needs a military codename, dammit).

Win-win; if she's not interested, you get to spend a heap of time with actual friends and if she is, well, duh. TBH, she'd have to be really uninterested for the former to occur; even if only slightly keen, the above tactic usually results in some serious enthusiasm what with competitive natures and such.
    A good starting point is to stop giving so much of a ****. Then what you said will follow.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Best way out of friendzone is to stop acting like a friend. See other friends, make like you've got a ton of other people you're currently catching up and enjoying the **** out of it. Often enough to bet on, you'll be a candidate for one of her zones again and it won't be the FMZ (and yes it needs a military codename, dammit).

Win-win; if she's not interested, you get to spend a heap of time with actual friends and if she is, well, duh. TBH, she'd have to be really uninterested for the former to occur; even if only slightly keen, the above tactic usually results in some serious enthusiasm what with competitive natures and such.
    This.

Also, two other things DoG

a) be a stereotypical alpha male

You'll be hated, you'll be yelled at, but for whatever reason a lot of girls like them more than the guys they say they like (charming, caring, sensitive, funny=FRIENDZONE). If you're naturally a really nice guy then you're ****ed. Go rob an old lady pronto.

b) get a girlfriend

ANY girlfriend. Well okay, within reason. Doesn't have to be serious, in fact, better if its not. The purpose is to show other girls you're taken. Why? Because for half of them, something they can't have is almost irresistable. You know how all the cool girls are always taken, usually by some douche, and you completely love them? Works the other way too. It also means you can get close to them without them thinking you're just trying to get into them (which you probably are, but they don't need to know that.) You want them in love with you first.

I sound like an asshole, yes, but from observation and possible experimentation it seems to work.

Another plan is the age old go out, get drunk, get them drunker, proceed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Going out and meeting other birds is good too because it shows you that she isn't the only one out there and you'll be less whipped because of it(you should be). She's got a boyfriend so time you met other chicks.

I've always wondered about the fairer sex's predilection for ****s.

I read in a book (so it must be true) that the base evolutionary desire of women is to find a partner that can provide for thier offspring. Likewise, in days of yore men chose a partner based on how likely they were to produce and care for healthy sprogs - which is why we put so much emphasis on sweater puppies and curves.

But bikies, abusive partners and particularly dense jocks don't give any hint of being able to be able to provide. Yet they score, and frequently. It's a royal ****er of a paradox.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 05-05-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    b) get a girlfriend

ANY girlfriend. Well okay, within reason. Doesn't have to be serious, in fact, better if its not. The purpose is to show other girls you're taken. Why? Because for half of them, something they can't have is almost irresistable. You know how all the cool girls are always taken, usually by some douche, and you completely love them? Works the other way too. It also means you can get close to them without them thinking you're just trying to get into them (which you probably are, but they don't need to know that.) You want them in love with you first.
    Agree on the whole with that, but can seriously backfire if you come onto the bird you really want and end up looking like a sleaze - credibility gone in an instant.

The non-serious thing is a good start, but even that has to end before you proceed. Chicks that are worth their salt don't like blokes who do the dirty on a previous partner, knowing that it's a pretty solid form guide to go off.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    I've always wondered about the fairer sex's predilection for ****s.

I read in a book (so it must be true) that the base evolutionary desire of women is to find a partner that can provide for thier offspring. Likewise, in days of yore men chose a partner based on how likely they were to produce and care for healthy sprogs - which is why we put so much emphasis on sweater puppies and curves.

But bikies, abusive partners and particularly dense jocks don't give any hint of being able to be able to provide. Yet they score, and frequently. It's a royal ****er of a paradox.
    Much of anthropology = bull****, tbh.

The most reliable indicator (and it's not great) for such things is the ladette's Dad. Be like him, in like Flynn (mostly).
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 05-05-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Much of anthropology = bull****, tbh.
    Beg to differ. Easy to spot an alpha male among a group, especially in social situations.

Likewise, there's a quite compelling argument about the Chinese work ethic - that it was gained through ancient rice-harvesting techniques which were completely manual and bloody onerous to boot (putting it kindly). This was never quite eliminated through evolving lifestyles, so it was passed down through successive generations.

If you Google 'Malcolm Gladwell', 'outliers' and 'work ethic' there's a much deeper case put forth.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 06-05-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Beg to differ. Easy to spot an alpha male among a group, especially in social situations.
    I know the book but I doubt that you could say the above about one of the book's subjects, Bill Gates, in Micro$oft's early days. When a 'science' like psychology rejects behaviourism as an accurate determinant of psychology in and of itself, well...... Oppenheimer, on the other hand, but he was stinking rich and good looking, was born into top-dog body language.

Okay seriously, the field is a haven for bull**** artists. Probably more what I'm trying to say.

EDIT: Deep down, I'm terrified the book is true too. If so, I'm ****ed.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 06-05-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This.

Also, two other things DoG

a) be a stereotypical alpha male

You'll be hated, you'll be yelled at, but for whatever reason a lot of girls like them more than the guys they say they like (charming, caring, sensitive, funny=FRIENDZONE). If you're naturally a really nice guy then you're ****ed. Go rob an old lady pronto.

b) get a girlfriend

I sound like an asshole, yes, but from observation and possible experimentation it seems to work.

Another plan is the age old go out, get drunk, get them drunker, proceed.
    Or, DoG, just be yourself.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Or, DoG, just be yourself.
    Could backfire, Burgeykins.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Could backfire, Burgeykins.
    Yeah, but he's a tax lawyer. Recipe for a disaster. Loved these parts:

"I'm glad he felt comfortable being himself," said brother Chris Scanlon, 39. "But when you're in full-blown mid-30s-crisis mode with misogynist tendencies and a desperate, neurotic need for approval, maybe 'the real you' is not the best thing to put forward."
    According to reports, Scanlon's profound insecurity led him to monopolize the first 45 minutes of conversation, talking about nothing but himself. Worse, his inability to get over his divorce prompted him to meticulously detail every phase of his failed marriage.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Nothing worse than the bloke above, tbh.

No, not you Burgey

Scanlon sounds like a right ****.

I don't reckon there's that much wrong with me, tbh. I can hold a conversation with a girl, make them laugh, etc.

The thing is I care too much. I think the situation with the girl in the park was me just not giving a **** anymore after the events of the girl with the b.f. But I felt like a **** for probably coming on too strong on the first date.

Thing is, two of my previous g.f.s I got with on the first date.

**** knows.

I emailed the park girl just now tbh.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

U19 Vice-Captain redhotchilipepa's Avatar

EDIT: Deep down, I'm terrified the book is true too. If so, I'm ****ed.
    With your chest you'll never be anything but the alpha male

RIP Craig - all round top guy. <3

Thread Information