Page 100 of 246 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3687
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Girl Trouble

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    Been an interesting few days for me.

On Sunday I went to the horseraces with a girl I have quite frankly been in love with for some months. I connect with her like noone I have met before.

Things were going okay (just the two of us) but on the trainride back she drops a line about her boyfriend.

For her it would have been inconsequential, but it did me in, tbh.
    Pretend you didn't hear it, and make your move. Sometimes girls will throw out that reference, it may not be A) serious, or B) she may not care, or C) she may like you more anyway.

In the end, I thought I had better tell her my feelings for better or worse since I want to be upfront and we have a good friendship anyway. I can't keep that stuff inside. I didn't say it in an overly emotional way, just..."Tbh, you saying you had a boyfriend hurt, because I had begun to like you. But I guess the pressure's off and we can be friends." She thanked me and was happy that I told her. We want to get to know each other more. But still...
    What did she say besides saying she was happy you told her? I wish you hadn't said that about 'we can be friends' line, but it's done. I would wait a few weeks and act normally until then, see how it plays out. If it seems to be going well for that long (e.g, nothing weird), then I'd go for it.

And then the next day I met a girl I had met once previously and we went to a pub for some beer. I took her to the park afterwards at night. We had a good yarn but we weren't connecting on any deep level. Nevertheless, I had a sudden urge to make a move but just casually touched her arm with my hand and she just giggled and said "it's okay."

That awkward moment was compounded when I left my wallet in the park and had to go back and get it. Before that, she said next time we could meet in Tokyo (where she lives). I haven't got an email back from her yet asking if I found my wallet yet. Thought I would have by now tbh.
    Eh, **** happens. That's not a big deal. Forget about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post

What did she say besides saying she was happy you told her? I wish you hadn't said that about 'we can be friends' line, but it's done. I would wait a few weeks and act normally until then, see how it plays out. If it seems to be going well for that long (e.g, nothing weird), then I'd go for it.
    She does have a boyfriend, fair dinkim about that. Got back together with the guy after three years because she was too busy previously.

Anyway, not sure what you mean by "go for it" since there's not much I can do for now except make her happy when I'm around her and generally have a good time with her. Meanwhile, I'll have to look for someone else because I won't wait for her like a plane seat vacancy.

I don't even think I said "we can be friends". It's all a blur now, but we both concluded that it was "my problem" that I would have to solve by myself.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    As Voltman said, grow a set.

You won't ever pick up by being friends with a girl first (though it can be awesome if it does happen), this latest bird for me, we met on on saturday, danced on saturday, made out in the early hours of Sunday morning, I asked her on a date Sunday morning, called her Monday night, picked her up Tuesday Lunch and took her home late on Tuesday...and also arranged for a second date, even if it is going to be 6 weeks away.

Basically, don't think, just do it, if you get burned you get burned, . Thinking about what mvoes to make is just stupid, just be yourself and **** what anyone else thinks...and don't wait for her to contact you, it's on you to show interest if your interested, only you know how you feel, chicks aren't mindreaders after all.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I've got a missus one of you lads can borrow in return for some KFC.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    When you're churning about the instances you accidentally touched her arm, you're thinking too much. Any chick who is reaching for her pepper spray because a bloke brushed up against her, well you don't want that big old ball of crazy in your life anyway.

And don't contact by email, tbh. Call.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post

And don't contact by email, tbh. Call.
    Or alternatively, throw rocks at her window

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Agree that being friends first and then going onto something more is almost impossible. Tbh, I hold a little hope for that, but the chick is too good to just cast aside. Rather have these people in my life, then out.

And in Japan, the common social thing to do is email with cellphones. Even couples and best friends do that in the beginning. It's quick and easy and the person can reply when they want. Nothing worse than calling a chick and always having bad timing. Eventually, phone numbers are passed out. But usually, cellphone emailing is the thing to do here.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    After being friendzoned, it's almost impossible to get out as you say. What you can do is break contact for a couple of months, and start fresh with a new 'vibe'. Has never worked for me though.

Best way out of friendzone is to stop acting like a friend. See other friends, make like you've got a ton of other people you're currently catching up and enjoying the **** out of it. Often enough to bet on, you'll be a candidate for one of her zones again and it won't be the FMZ (and yes it needs a military codename, dammit).

Win-win; if she's not interested, you get to spend a heap of time with actual friends and if she is, well, duh. TBH, she'd have to be really uninterested for the former to occur; even if only slightly keen, the above tactic usually results in some serious enthusiasm what with competitive natures and such.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 05-05-2010 at 09:59 PM.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Agree that being friends first and then going onto something more is almost impossible.
    Rubbish. Was friends with my missus for a year and a half before making a move, and we've now been together 10 years as a couple. You're just not trying hard enough.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    I've got a missus one of you lads can borrow in return for some KFC.
    I'll pass. Greasy thighs are tastier than waxed thighs.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 05-05-2010 at 10:17 PM.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longhopcassidy View Post
    i'll pass. Greasy thighs are tastier than waxed thighs.
    dwta.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    I'll pass. Greasy thighs are tastier than waxed thighs.
    Greasy waxed thighs = motherlode.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Greasy waxed thighs = motherlode.
    If you ever plan to sue KFC, I think you've got a case.

Wait........ THAT'S NOT WAX!!

Thread Information