Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give Yourself A Pat On The Back

Give Yourself A Pat On The Back

I'm sure all of you out there every now and then want to brag about something you've done. Sometimes you feel you don't get enough recognition for things you have done. This is the place to boast and not be ashamed of it. Talk yourself up as much as you want, because that is what is expected in here.

Here is an excerpt from a mate's Myspace detailing my own life-saving abilites last Saturday night:

On the way back from Subway, we took the paved and extremely slanted hill on the carpark as an opportunity to do something stupid.

Basically, Lewis was in a shopping trolley and we thought it would be funny to push him down to Slava and for Slava to stop the trolley before it rolled off the next hill (there was a slope then an even slopier slope).

So Lewis is like "Oh crap" and Andrew's like "Are you ready?" and gives him a bloody hard push off the already steep slope, a few metres down he passes Sandy, who tries to stop it but couldn't because it was too fast, but only causes to make the trolley spin heaps. Then it passes Slava and went off the second slope at which point we were all laughing and yelling at the same time, and Lewis was going fast down the second really inclined slope spinning like hell. We're all screaming and see Burkey near the end of the hill just before a bunch of trees and drop off after that. We're all shouting "Burkey catch him!". Luckily enough Burke sees and grabs the trolley handle, otherwise Lewis could have seriously injured himself or died. The velocity of the trolley combined with Burkey as a pivotal point makes the trolley swing around wildly, before it slows down and Burkey saves the bloody day

Needless to say we all ****ed ourselves laughing.

Now, brag away CW posters!

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I once beat buddhmaster in an arm wrestle
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Pinball Champion!
    I once pushed my friend down a hill in a custom made trolly with wheels, he was heading straight for a new golf, luckily i managed to push him into a nearby dumpster instead
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    I once beat buddhmaster in an arm wrestle
    Cmon now Murphy, who's gonna believe that

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhmaster
    Cmon now Murphy, who's gonna believe that
    I should've gone with something more believable.... like i single handedly built the great pyramid.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    One for the Kiwis:
    I rescued a sheep many years ago that was stuck in mud in the river Trent. It had basically given up and was exhausted - its fleece was saturated with water. It took me about 10 minutes to drag it out of the mud and get it up the bank - damned thing then shook itself like a dog and covered me head to foot in lanolin. Took me about 10 baths over the weekend to get rid of the smell.

One for boring people:
    In 1963, I dived into a swimming pool fully clothed and saved a small child from drowning. No-one saw me and I didn't tell anyone - this is the first time I've mentioned it in 43 years (and probably the first time I've thought about it in 42).
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Just over 6 years ago I foiled an armed robbery. I was doing the graveyard shift at a local service station to make ends meet & some wido came in holding a handgun with a woman's stocking over his face. I basically refused to hand over the money & said if he didn't eff off he'd get the pick-axe handle I kept under the counter wrapped round his mush.

When I gave my statement to the police a copper said "But you don't really have a pick-axe handle, do you?", when I replied in the affirmative he again said "No, you don't have a pick axe handle, do you?" & I took his meaning, offensive weapon & all.

Here's the report from our local rag that I've kept
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Just over 6 years ago I foiled an armed robbery. I was doing the graveyard shift at a local service station to make ends meet & some wido came in holding a handgun with a woman's stocking over his face. I basically refused to hand over the money & said if he didn't eff off he'd get the pick-axe handle I kept under the counter wrapped round his mush.

When I gave my statement to the police a copper said "But you don't really have a pick-axe handle, do you?", when I replied in the affirmative he again said "No, you don't have a pick axe handle, do you?" & I took his meaning, offensive weapon & all.

Wow. Good effort Dale. In fact, good effort Burkey and Eddie too.

I've never done anything remotely heroic - mildly interesting is about as good as it gets with me.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    I have a new hero

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    I have a new hero
    I'm flattered.

PY
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby

You're vulnerable?

Good job, bet that fifty quid went down the chute pretty quick.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

International Coach
    Only awarding you £50 seems a bit tight...

Well done to everyong in this thread. Like BR, I have never done anything heroic.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar
    Good on ya Dale
    now to me -Last year i got Dux (for those of you playing at home it means top of the class)
    and heres the trophy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maria - Due December

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    "So this is what it feels like to be on top of a batsmen".
    RIP Fardin Qayummi - 15th April 2006

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Here is something non-sporting Im proud of, though not nearly as important as some mentioned above.

Im not a big fan of rules and regulations and like to do things my own way.

Anyway, for my Masters dissertation I had to do 1 year of research and be in constant communication with my tutor/advisor on areas such as topic, structure and content with constant revision, changes and re-writes.

He was supposed to work with us in order to create a dissertation fit for submission and of the required quality.

Anyway, I did not contact him until the day to hand it in.

I went to his office and plonked a 180-190 page document on his desk. He refused to accept it as there was no way that it could be of the required standard and that it could not be structured in an acceptable format. He proceeded to lecture me that I had wasted the opportunity to get a post-grad degree.

I told him that the only rule for submission was that it was bound as a hard back to the defined rules of Masters dissertations and that he had no choice but to accept it. He was not happy, but hey

Results came back. Got very high grades for it and got my Masters. Didnt bother going to the graduation though. Got the cert through the post.

Did it all on my own without help from the system.

Sorry if this was boring but I love proving people wrong
    Last edited by Goughy; 27-04-2006 at 04:23 PM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar
    well it was boring (mine probably was too)
    but still thats always good to prove someone wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information