Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99

Thread: The DaVinci Code *Could contain spoilers*

  1. #1
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,363

    The DaVinci Code *Could contain spoilers*

    Who's read the book?
    Who's going to see the movie?
    What does everyone think of the issues raised in the book regarding coverups by the Roman Catholic Church throughout history, etc?...
    Cricketweb Colts Captain



    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

    I'm Green

    The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

  2. #2
    International Regular oz_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,977
    I have read the book.
    I want to see the movie.
    I think that some of the material in the book is too farfetched ( e.g. Catholic coverups) to be true but it is still an interesting 'fictional' story.

  3. #3
    International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    4,899
    who doesn't care: me
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

  4. #4
    International Coach GotSpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Posts
    12,826
    Havn't read it myself but if you like catholic church cover ups you should read "Seven Ancient wonders" by Matthew Reilly
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos


  5. #5
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by oz_fan
    I have read the book.
    I want to see the movie.
    I think that some of the material in the book is too farfetched ( e.g. Catholic coverups) to be true but it is still an interesting 'fictional' story.
    They are no more farfetched then some of the things written in the bible.

  6. #6
    International Coach GotSpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Posts
    12,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    They are no more farfetched then some of the things written in the bible.
    ooooo Nnanden aint going to likey

  7. #7
    International Debutant shankar's Avatar
    3 Card Poker Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    2,353
    The issues raised were interesting. But I thought the book itself was pretty poorly written.

  8. #8
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by shankar
    The issues raised were interesting. But I thought the book itself was pretty poorly written.
    Each to their own. But I couldn't put the book down. I kept cursing myself when I looked at the clock and it was 4am and I had to get up at 6!

  9. #9
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn
    ooooo Nnanden aint going to likey
    Again, it's a matter of faith and what people have been brought up on. To believe some of the things that have been raised in The DaVinci Code you cannot say for certain they actually happened, but you can make your own assessment on what has been said and go from there.

    I don't think it is unfathomable(sp) to think that Jesus was married and had a child and the Roman Church convienently left those gospels out of the bible to squash paganism.

    It is well know that the gospel of Thomas claims to be Jesus' brother.

  10. #10
    Banned Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,124
    Like Mister Wright I loved it... but wasn't there a book called 'the real da vinci code' which hit back at some of the 'facts' raised in Dan Brown's book?

  11. #11
    State Vice-Captain Armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Literate Essex- yes, it does exist!
    Posts
    1,092
    Am reading ATM, so I'd better get out of this thread.
    Member of LSU (bowl part time pies)

    RIP Fardin

  12. #12
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Like Mister Wright I loved it... but wasn't there a book called 'the real da vinci code' which hit back at some of the 'facts' raised in Dan Brown's book?
    There is, I haven't read it, but I will.

  13. #13
    State Vice-Captain Dark Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,404
    I've read it.
    Might see the movie, but i can see it being really crap.
    I think the questions raised by the book are very interesting, and do press for a bit of researching....And the way the church reacted is only really adding fuel to the fire.
    ďAnd God came down from the heavens, and he said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road."And the chicken crossed the road. And the people rejoiced, all across the land.

    Australia's Only FairDinkum News Site - www.xenoxnews.com
    -------------------------------------------------

  14. #14
    International Coach GotSpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Posts
    12,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Again, it's a matter of faith and what people have been brought up on. To believe some of the things that have been raised in The DaVinci Code you cannot say for certain they actually happened, but you can make your own assessment on what has been said and go from there.

    I don't think it is unfathomable(sp) to think that Jesus was married and had a child and the Roman Church convienently left those gospels out of the bible to squash paganism.

    It is well know that the gospel of Thomas claims to be Jesus' brother.
    Ofcourse its not impossible that a kind of Church cover up did occur, however these theories will always be in the same hat as 9/11 theories.

  15. #15
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn
    Ofcourse its not impossible that a kind of Church cover up did occur, however these theories will always be in the same hat as 9/11 theories.
    Not so, I think there is enough in the DaVinci code to suggest that there is a real possibility some of the things suggested did happen.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. #Link to Cricket Chat forum#
    By Deja moo in forum Testing Forum
    Replies: 8273
    Last Post: 27-08-2007, 07:20 AM
  2. *Official* Code of Conduct Discussion
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW XI Players Association
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 18-04-2006, 08:57 PM
  3. The Australian team - A disgrace to the game
    By nookie_lk in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 545
    Last Post: 30-12-2004, 04:26 PM
  4. IMG Code
    By Yousuf_Youhana in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 06:28 PM
  5. The ICC Code of Conduct - exploding the myths
    By marc71178 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 30-03-2004, 01:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •