Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joga Bonito

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar

Joga Bonito

What do you guys think of this concept? Also, the Joga3 futsal tournament. Over here on the western hemisphere they have some ads featuring the likes of Ronaldinho and Rooney. Is the case the same in the east? I think it's totally awesome and if it's applied in the World Cup it just might be the best ever.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Umm.. What is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    It's about playing the sport of football how it should be played - with grace, skill, sportsmanship and beauty. It advocates clean play and begs an end to dirty football. Eric Cantona is the host and Ronaldinho was an ugly kid.

Excellent line of ads.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Great as he was, Cantona was a petulant stropmeister as a player, so I question their choice of him to espouse the purity of Footballing spirit!

Most English footballing fans will agree that there's something particularly satisfying in seeing your lumbering centre-half booting the oppo's nippy winger into the advertising hoardings too tho.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

The way in which soccer/football players play the game is really quite surprising. For a game that has such a massive following, you'd think the players would be better behaved. Even here in games I play, you get people arguing with the ref over who put the ball out and the like, which just really ****es me off. It's a good game, but it's ruined by the way it's played, and the fans of course. Sorry for the sweeping generalisation there, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    The way in which soccer/football players play the game is really quite surprising. For a game that has such a massive following, you'd think the players would be better behaved. Even here in games I play, you get people arguing with the ref over who put the ball out and the like, which just really ****es me off. It's a good game, but it's ruined by the way it's played, and the fans of course. Sorry for the sweeping generalisation there, by the way.
    Yeah I'd be one of those players. I give the refs hell and try and get away with whatever I can. My hate of refs stemmed from when I was given a yellow for diving in under 11's.

Anyway hopefully we get these ads...
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Best footy ad here in the UK just now for mine is the Carlsberg one. It has Jackie & Bobby Charlton, Peter Reid, Peter Beardsley, Bryan Robson, Stu Pearce, Chris Waddle & Peter Shilton turning out for a pub team with the tag line:

"Carlsberg don't do pub teams, but if they did they'd probably be the best pub teams in the world"

Pity about their beer tho...

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    Yeah I'd be one of those players. I give the refs hell and try and get away with whatever I can. My hate of refs stemmed from when I was given a yellow for diving in under 11's.
    your call up for Hollywood is due anyday now
    Maria - Due December

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    "So this is what it feels like to be on top of a batsmen".
    RIP Fardin Qayummi - 15th April 2006

Quote Originally Posted by 33/3from3.3
    your call up for Hollywood is due anyday now
    It was the biggest joke of a decision I've ever encountered. In under 11's everyone tried to play fairly and I was no exception. I had just watched Filipo Inzaghi earlier thay day and... oh... umm..

But seriously, I was in the box got tripped and won a penalty which we scored. I had pumped my first in the air and the ref saw it. So when some guy let me get too close to his clearance, the ball thumped into my legs and I fell and was duly carded for diving. It happened again later on and he warned me he'd give me a red if it happened again. What a ****ing ******...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    It was the biggest joke of a decision I've ever encountered. In under 11's everyone tried to play fairly and I was no exception. I had just watched Filipo Inzaghi earlier thay day and... oh... umm..

But seriously, I was in the box got tripped and won a penalty which we scored. I had pumped my first in the air and the ref saw it. So when some guy let me get too close to his clearance, the ball thumped into my legs and I fell and was duly carded for diving. It happened again later on and he warned me he'd give me a red if it happened again. What a ****ing ******...
    Good to see you're not bitter about it at all, Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    Good to see you're not bitter about it at all, Andy.
    Yeah it's like they say, forgive and forget

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Best footy ad here in the UK just now for mine is the Carlsberg one. It has Jackie & Bobby Charlton, Peter Reid, Peter Beardsley, Bryan Robson, Stu Pearce, Chris Waddle & Peter Shilton turning out for a pub team with the tag line:

"Carlsberg don't do pub teams, but if they did they'd probably be the best pub teams in the world"

Pity about their beer tho...
    Here's the ad if anyone's interested:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28&q=carlsberg

Here's the ad if anyone's interested:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28&q=carlsberg
    Quality

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...832846887155&q is quite good too.

i agree about get rid of all that kinda stuff

the classic example in the Uruguay Socceroos match:
    When the Urguayan guy went down covering his face.....then at the appropriate moment had a sneek peek to see if the ref was looking.........the ref wasn't looking but the rest of Australia was
    haha great moment
    Leeds United will make it back to the Premier League
    "You tried and you failed miserably. Lesson here is never try"

International Coach
    Great as he was, Cantona was a petulant stropmeister as a player
    Not once he returned from the 9 month ban, though.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information