Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low down dirty ******* kids

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar

Low down dirty ******* kids

On Friday night, I went out after work with a few friends for some low-key drinks, a good way to unwind after a week of work (and tbh, a fairly crappy day I'd had).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the next morning I discovered that while I'd been out enjoying myself, some lowlife scumbag kids had taken the liberty of jumping up and down on the roof of my $10000 car, which had been parked at the train station, and caused several thousand dollars worth of damage. From looking at the shoe prints, at least three different people had a go.

I tried to report this to the local police the next morning, only to be told they were too busy. So I went to the next town and reported there, where they were much nicer. Unfortunately, the cop told me that although they could get prints from the handprint on the rear windscreen, the offender would just claim that he had been leaning on the car.

So I'm feeling rightly hacked off over this. Make me feel better. Anyone out there been shafted by petty criminals?
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Had my car broken into sitting on my own driveway about 18 months ago.

Cracked the plastic on my steering column trying to (unsuccessfully) hot-wire it & buggered up the ignition key slot but luckily I had been arsed to take out my stereo that night.

Scary thing is my girlfriend & I were both in that night & neither of us heard anything!
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Quote Originally Posted by mundaneyogi
    On Friday night, I went out after work with a few friends for some low-key drinks, a good way to unwind after a week of work (and tbh, a fairly crappy day I'd had).
    I can't believe that meeting James could bring someone down so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman
    I can't believe that meeting James could bring someone down so much.
    No, that was Thursday.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    oh man, this one time, 2 days before christmas, i had presents i had just purchased taken from my car. i was angry and sad. furious as well. i had just gone into briscoes for 5 minutes. i return to find the back left window smashed, and lots of stuff gone.
    "Matt Damon"

funny how it all happens with cars

i had a nice ss vl commodore, show car and was driving it up to qld for a holiday with the mrs when i had finished work on the friday.w e where driving up on the sat night. i walk to the car where there are hundreds of other cars and the bonnet was lifted up. i though oh ok the alarm must have been going off and some on tried to turn it off. i get to the window and the dash is in pieces, all over the place. had to drive it home after numerous attempts of starting it as the alarm was still going off and i could not turn it off as they had ripped the number pad of the dash, i had screw drivers and all sorts of stuff in the ignition barrel to keep the car started as they ripped out the key barrel. driving it home angry and ****ed i had cops pull up next to me and look at me very strangley, pull me over and make sure it was mine, then the car wouldnt start again so i had to get it towed to the autoelectricians place, took 6 days to fix at $1,500.00, & add to the fact that i had to cancel my trip as we couldnt get a flight and we couldnt get up there. They stole a hsv jumper and a fack pair of oakleys in an oakley case.............but i LOATHE THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Quote Originally Posted by bugssy
    funny how it all happens with cars

i had a nice ss vl commodore, show car and was driving it up to qld for a holiday with the mrs when i had finished work on the friday.w e where driving up on the sat night. i walk to the car where there are hundreds of other cars and the bonnet was lifted up. i though oh ok the alarm must have been going off and some on tried to turn it off. i get to the window and the dash is in pieces, all over the place. had to drive it home after numerous attempts of starting it as the alarm was still going off and i could not turn it off as they had ripped the number pad of the dash, i had screw drivers and all sorts of stuff in the ignition barrel to keep the car started as they ripped out the key barrel. driving it home angry and ****ed i had cops pull up next to me and look at me very strangley, pull me over and make sure it was mine, then the car wouldnt start again so i had to get it towed to the autoelectricians place, took 6 days to fix at $1,500.00, & add to the fact that i had to cancel my trip as we couldnt get a flight and we couldnt get up there. They stole a hsv jumper and a fack pair of oakleys in an oakley case.............but i LOATHE THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow, were they trying to steal the thing or destroy it??

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    I had a car stolen once.

The thieves left their previous vehicle - a milk float.

Long story - might bore a few of you with it one day.

/yes, poetry day has finished
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    The thieves left their previous vehicle - a milk float.
    Was it better than your car? Remember to include it's potential for endless amusement when constructing your response.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by mundaneyogi
    Was it better than your car? Remember to include it's potential for endless amusement when constructing your response.
    It was worth much more - there was a gallon of milk in the back and it pulled better up hills

This year have only had two - 1) Some idiot drove into the side of my car (which was parked on the side of the road) leaving a scratch all down one side, smashing the rear view mirror and leaving a dent. They didn't stop...

2) Bike stolen from inside garage by someone walking past.

One of my mates had his tyres slashed and then his bonnet tagged within a week of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    One of my mates had his tyres slashed and then his bonnet tagged within a week of each other.
    Melbourne Gangsters, eh? Did that guy do anything to set them off?
    CricketWeb Colts - Twybridge Titans

Once it was after a game of cricket, after packing up his gear and going to head home, found the tyres slashed.

The other time was at 3:30am when he left his car out the front of my place, and we could hear a "ruckus" outside, and in the morning it'd been tagged.

cpr
    Hmm, my cars an old pile of poo (N Reg Corsa), so tends to get targeted, as it doesnt have an alarm

First time, around the corner from my house (cant park out the front due to yellow lines) bent the doors back to get in, smashed the glove box open and stole all the CD's, though the stereo wasnt in there (my building society book was though, which has my signature in, luckily they didnt see it). It was just before christmas, so there were a couple of cards in there i'd forgot to take out. They opened them and apparently the one from my grandma was supposed to have 20 in......
    Glove box is to this day still held closed by super strong sellotape

Since then they've smashed my wingmirror, keyed the doors (not that i'd notice as the car is rusting anyway, and theres welding marks from when it needed strengthening to pass the MOT), windowipers smeared with paint so that when i used them the screen would be covered! Also had the windowipers stolen (not just the blades, the whole arms!)

Also got done a few times outside my student house, bent the other door to get in (so inconsiderate, could've at least used the one already broke!), but i'd learnt not to leave anything in, so they gave up after a few times. They did have one go at nicking it, bent the steering column to break the steering lock and put a screwdriver in the ignition. So now the wheels at a bit of an angle and the key might stick from time to time.

THe one that REALLY annoyed me though was about 15 months ago. Was going to see Man Utd play Arsenal. Parked the car outside my uncles in Old Trafford (a police officer no less!), as i was walking getting out i thought i'd leave my stereo hidden, as its too big for my pocket and would fall out in the stadium. I hid it under the A-Z's in the drivers door.

Came back, door bent. A-Z on chair, stereo gone. They'd clearly watched me put it there, as it was well hidden, and NOTHING else in the car was moved (the CD's were still on the other side, and a pair of Burberry sunglasses that were within an inch of the stereo hadnt been seen in the dark)
    The match was a boring draw and i caught a cold sat there in the rain. Last time i treat me cousin to the footie.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information