Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Somebody Else

Introduce Somebody Else

Well, we have an "Introduce Yourself" thread, so I thought it might be good fun to introduce somebody else to the rest of the forum, and it'd be interesting to see what gets written, and what people think of other people, or some codswallop like that. Uh-hem. Anyways. For example...

Jamee999's real name is Jamee Gray. An active member of the CricketWeb Development League, and lower middle order batsman. Has a strange affixiation with the Leicestershire Foxes, and is one of the more passionate England supporters about, while being far too level headed to be named biased.

At one stage, it became a bit of a running joke for everyone to blame Jamee for anythign that went wrong, and he became the butt of jokes. Luckily for him, Burpey started posting in OT, and made life more interesting for all of us.

marc71178 has the most posts in the history of CW. In fact, I think he might have the most posts in the history of the world. An accountant in his spare time, his trademark sarcasm, sentence long posts, and more sarcasm, have often raised the ire of a member or two, but in the end people respect that he has the best interests of CW in mind.
    As part of CW Red, enjoys stirring a bit of controversy, and isn't one to take a backward step. He had a lot of involvement in the "A League For The Ages" and "World Club Cricket" simulations, mainly because he didn't feel he was spending enought time on cricketweb.net, according to sources.
    Last edited by vic_orthdox; 30-03-2006 at 10:33 PM.

Super thread Jack.

Feel free to do your own on someone that's already been done, BTW.

Son of Coco has been one of the more enigmatic posters of recent times. After a sustained patch of brilliance, he decided that the heights (or the sad sad depths, if you ask me) of Falls Creek ski resort were more attractive than constant internet access, and had to impose a CW exodus on himself. However, before leaving he had gained himself a reputation of being an intelligent poster, not afraid to poke fun at himself or others.

Since returning, his posting has been spasmodic. In other words, he's been hanging around like a bad smell, not posting enough funny stuff, and revealing that he has studied biomechanics and is the most knowledgable source on hyperextension this side of Dr. Marvin Munroe. A well travelled man - i.e. he went to perve at birds in Sweden, his work in the "SJS Stats Factory" was famed, and rarely topped.
    Last edited by vic_orthdox; 30-03-2006 at 08:39 PM.

"Just don't mention the war"

This quote seems to relate rather well to Mathew Smith, AKA Voltman. Usually fairly thick skinned, start talking about the All Blacks and imports, and you'll be getting a bigger spray than after you played and missed to Glenn McGrath.

Always one to find the dirty side of a quote, he manages this without having to resort to the lows of the smiley (I'm looking at you, Cameron). What more, he openly embraces it; still copping heat for being a casanova for Grandmothers worldwide. When he decides to stop taking the mickey, he usually comes up with some insightful comments and constructs an argument as well as any.

Oh, and really enjoys a good sheep joke, eh LE?
    Last edited by vic_orthdox; 23-05-2006 at 09:58 PM.

Not much more thought has ever gone into a signature as what went into Anil's. Many a member of CW has asked what it's supposed to represent...only to be told that it's hitting each button of the keyboard in a left to right fashion. Dur.

Not really sure whether his username is his own first name, or in honour of Mr. Kumble, or if he thought he was signing up for an inappropriate website forum and ended up with a typo. Nothing wrong with a typo, by the way guys. But Anil is a concise and well read member of CricketWeb, and even when he makes long posts, he doesn't deviate from the main argument, get sidetracked, and keeps all of his points relevant to the argument at hand, which makes for good reading.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Stephen Burke

Not half the man he'd like to be, but twice the weight he ought to be. This less-than-diminutive wicketkeeper for the Cricket Web Colts likes long walks on sandy waterfront property and posing as a capable batsman. He's looking for love, but with a scope limited to the Internet, some suggest it's in all the wrong places.

A ravishing profile and keen sense of wit ensure that Burke is the envy of an infinite few. He has confessed to lusting after cheese, but is yet to admit it.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Top thread.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

chris.hinton is currently competing with marc71178 to see who has the avatar that most suits their posting. Hinton loves a political topic, and is keen to voice his right wing opinions, something that no forum can do without. Otherwise us lefties would be too busy deciding whether to spend all the taxes on disabled single parents, or establishing a art exhibition in honour of Stalin.

His affiliation with leg spin is well known, his description of players as very "e" is something that everyone can appreciate, and his cult hero-ness may well someday approach that of "Bobness". He has created his own niche at CW, a trademark, and not even george.hinton can take that away from him.

Dark Hunter has an avatar that would have to be described as extremely distracting, and....sorry about that, so where was I?

Peter Young, the man who thinks that everyone must know his year of birth when he tries to let everyone know of his MSN address in his sig, is prone to the odd silly mistake, like when he put his MSN address in his sig...

The lifelong friend of Neil Pickup, he's had many other obstacles to overcome in recent times, like his own personal hiatus from CW, from which he stormed back to glory; stomping over everyone to gain OT moderator status. That wasn't enough for power hungry Pete, and so James, cowering in fear at the threats of grammar lessons, let him become a "Global Moderator".

Besides all that claptrap, Pete's a good guy, whose done a great job since taking over his job as moderator, and whose opinions on cricket are widely respected.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    Feel free to do your own on someone that's already been done, BTW.

Son of Coco has been one of the more enigmatic posters of recent times. After a sustained patch of brilliance, he decided that the heights (or the sad sad depths, if you ask me) of Falls Creek ski resort were more attractive than constant internet access, and had to impose a CW exodus on himself. However, before leaving he had gained himself a reputation of being an intelligent poster, not afraid to poke fun at himself or others.

Since returning, his posting has been spasmodic. In other words, he's been hanging around like a bad smell, not posting enough funny stuff, and revealing that he has studied biomechanics and is the most knowledgable source on hyperextension this side of Dr. Marvin Munroe. A well travelled man - i.e. he went to perve at birds in Sweden, his work in the "SJS Stats Factory" was famed, and rarely topped.
    Thanks for that, thanks very much! I appreciate you outing me here on this thread (so to speak), the only problem being that I haven't - but if you want to start a thread titled 'The Benefits of Hyperextension...A Lonely Man's Tale of Love and Betrayal'...I'll be happy to contribute as often as is humanly possible.

And yes I did go to perve at birds in Sweden...I am only human after all. My top travel tip for those on a budget is - go and perve at birds in the Czech Republic.

P.S: I'm not sure who this Dr Marvin Munroe character is, has he ever been seen standing over a grate with his medical coat blowing around his waist while he bashfully tried to maintain his modesty?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Coco
    Thanks for that, thanks very much! I appreciate you outing me here on this thread (so to speak), the only problem being that I haven't
    Yes, I guessed that. I was just extracting the urine, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Coco
    P.S: I'm not sure who this Dr Marvin Munroe character is, has he ever been seen standing over a grate with his medical coat blowing around his waist while he bashfully tried to maintain his modesty?
    If you're being serious, he's the guy off the Simpsons, the doctor dude who is the expert on everything and anything.

If you're not being serious, I've been had.

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce a member who at times divided the Cricket Web nation:

Cricket Player - a.k.a Bob - a.k.a whatever his real name was

An at times controversial member of the forum, Bob was prone to making outlandish statements about his own cricketing ability. While it is not for us to say whether he will live up to his own expectations or not, a lot of fellow members often accused Bob of looking at his own career through rose-coloured glasses. Subsequent posts revealed this to be true as it became evident through a series of jumbled messages that Bob might actually have been dyslexic.

Responsible for some of the funniest one-liners, and indeed deserving of their own thread - the 'Battle of Bob quotes', Bob was never short of something to say on a given topic even if he didn't seem to quite know how to say it at the time. Personally, I liked the guy, although I know he rubbed some of the members up the wrong way. I'm not sure where he is now, but if I had to have a guess I'd say banned. Anyway, regardless of his topsy turvy career on CW, I have no doubt Bob is forging ahead with his cricketing dreams. It's possible one day we'll read about him...I just hope he doesn't write it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    Yes, I guessed that. I was just extracting the urine, that's all.
    If you're being serious, he's the guy off the Simpsons, the doctor dude who is the expert on everything and anything.

If you're not being serious, I've been had.
    hahaha, unfortunately I don't watch the Simpsons that much...I'm always the dissenter in those "Let's go around the table and name a Simpson's character until someone can't" games - such is the colourful life I lead.

Well, seeing as though you guessed that, it might surprise you to know I'm actually a professor of biomechanics

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information