Page 52 of 151 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: In Combination with Blackberry, Burgey presents "The Hangover Corner"

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baconator View Post
    Nursing a slight one, and have a cricket match pretty soon. Should be OK though.
    I thought you were 14. Starting early?
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Crampton's 16.

Cricket with a slight hangover can go pretty dire. You think you're fine, then run to the boundary a couple of times and then you feel like you could hurl.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Crampton's 16.
    Wow, no idea why I thought he was 14.

Quote Originally Posted by alternative View Post
    That's excellent. Proving your worth Altoz.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    A weekend with no sleep + Crazy amount of drinks and smokes + Blackjack = Not good. Been at least 10 hours since my last drink, and I hiccup when I'm about to burp, so I can't even let a good one rip.

Ffs.
    orz

International Vice-Captain
    Ok, that didn't go too badly. Came in at number five against some gentle gentle medium pace, Hit 14, only two in boundaries. Cbf keeping, so I spent most of the time at short cover, where I was pretty average. Would say that's more down to lack of slepe than a hangover though.

No urge to hurl which was nice, kept running and concentration to an absolute minimum.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    I know it's not cool to brag, but...

Number of pints drunk by me since finishing my exams 9 days ago: 33
    Number of shots' worth of spirits consumed by me since finishing my exams 9 days ago: 14
    Number of hangovers experienced by me since finishing my exams 9 days ago: 0

Water is the key, people.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Haha, there was a night where it got to a point where I couldn't keep water down.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alternative View Post
    That is genius.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    There will be some major hangovers once my exams finish. 22nd June, should be posting in here on the 23rd and 24th, if i'm still alive!!
    Where's my money?

International Vice-Captain
    I know it's not cool to brag, but...

Number of pints drunk by me since finishing my exams 9 days ago: 33
    Number of shots' worth of spirits consumed by me since finishing my exams 9 days ago: 14
    Number of hangovers experienced by me since finishing my exams 9 days ago: 0

Tbh, water is probably what allowed me to be in a reasonable state this morning. Cheers for the tip, think you said it a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baconator View Post
    Tbh, water is probably what allowed me to be in a reasonable state this morning. Cheers for the tip, think you said it a while ago.
    Seriously, it's true. The vast majority of the after-effects of alcohol are caused by dehydration. Make sure you're well-hydrated before you go out drinking and have a pint of water in between every 3 pints or so, then have a couple more pints of water when you get home. Then the only after-effect you'll have to deal with is the fact that you sleep lighter, which can be easily rectified by sleeping for longer. Job done.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Seriously, it's true. The vast majority of the after-effects of alcohol are caused by dehydration. Make sure you're well-hydrated before you go out drinking and have a pint of water in between every 3 pints or so, then have a couple more pints of water when you get home. Then the only after-effect you'll have to deal with is the fact that you sleep lighter, which can be easily rectified by sleeping for longer. Job done.
    Two points.....firstly, toilet trips, bad enough having to go 2/3 times during a night out. What you're talking about would mean about 5.

As for the sleep thing, the lighter made up by longer, in my experience doesn't work. Tried it enough times.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    While up in Melbourne with my mate the other day (and being on the grog as we were), he arked up with "You know what causes hangovers right?"
    "Yeah, dehydration," I said.
    He took great pleasure in informing me that I was wrong, and that it is in fact over-hydration that causes hangovers. Now being a polite chap (for an Australian), I didn't say anything, but meekly insisted that I was right a number of times before giving up. I did point out, though, the inconsistency of the argument - how can a person who drinks 8 pints of beer and no water wake up with a hangover, while a bloke who drinks 12 pints and 2 litres of water wake up with nowt (but a queasy stomach, maybe)?

Unfortunately, people can get extraordinarily attached to things they hear.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Two points.....firstly, toilet trips, bad enough having to go 2/3 times during a night out. What you're talking about would mean about 5.

As for the sleep thing, the lighter made up by longer, in my experience doesn't work. Tried it enough times.
    Well, TBH I've always had problems with hydration anyway, so I usually drink enough fluids to make sure I'm going to the toilet more regularly than that regardless. And besides, the point is that the pint of water you drink goes into your system, rather than straight out the other end, that's the whole point of the exercise.

Thread Information