Page 103 of 151 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2251

Thread: In Combination with Blackberry, Burgey presents "The Hangover Corner"

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Finishing exams on Friday. I lied to my football captain about having to help my grandmother move house so that I could get out of driving to football on Saturday morning, and not play at all. I'm a prick.
    Haha and he actually believed that sort of excuse!?

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Decided to try ride a trolley home last night. Bad ending

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha and he actually believed that sort of excuse!?
    Said I was helping her move out of a nursing home back into her house; and that she lives in Shepparton which is two hours away from Melbourne. Which is all true, just that she's not moving this weekend, and I'm going to be in Melbourne the whole time.

Also had to tell him that I'll be missing the next two weeks after that because I'll be in Queensland, which is true, and hopefully helped firm the legitimacy of my story.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Once made a kart out of a shopping trolley. Cut the cage off with a hacksaw, tied it to the back of a truck and drove round a car park. Was all good until we went round a bend, and I came off the kart. Didn't stack it too bad, but there was a bit of a problem with the supports for the cage.

Yes, I'd removed the cage with a hacksaw, but I hadn't filed the stumps of the supports away. As a came off the kart, a sharp support gouged a line through my right arse-cheek that we a good few inches long. Oh, the embarrasment explaining to the parents when I got home (a) why there was a rip in my jeans (b) why I didn't want to sit down and (c) why I had the chassis of a former shopping trolley on the driveway.

Classy.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Hmmm, so far tonigt I can attest that red wine cures hangovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Tried that from the Kingo in Canberra once. Stacked in and ended up lying flat on my back on the middle of Canberra Ave.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Hmmm, so far tonigt I can attest that red wine cures hangovers.
    Hoping this spelling mistake is a sign of things to come tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Said I was helping her move out of a nursing home back into her house; and that she lives in Shepparton which is two hours away from Melbourne. Which is all true, just that she's not moving this weekend, and I'm going to be in Melbourne the whole time.

Also had to tell him that I'll be missing the next two weeks after that because I'll be in Queensland, which is true, and hopefully helped firm the legitimacy of my story.
    Haha, fair enough if you put it like that, generally speaking though if I ever hear some making an excuse and I catch the word "Grandmother" I tend to think its a load of BS.

Funnily enough actually, I remember talking to Perm once who was saying some girl turned him down on a night out and used the very same excuse you've used, itstl.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha, fair enough if you put it like that, generally speaking though if I ever hear some making an excuse and I catch the word "Grandmother" I tend to think its a load of BS.

Funnily enough actually, I remember talking to Perm once who was saying some girl turned him down on a night out and used the very same excuse you've used, itstl.
    Yeah, does sound pretty dodge. Does "nan" sound better than grandma?

Feeling better than I was this morning...not that that's hard
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Jack deserves an OBE for that effort. Absolutely classic!
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Once made a kart out of a shopping trolley. Cut the cage off with a hacksaw, tied it to the back of a truck and drove round a car park. Was all good until we went round a bend, and I came off the kart. Didn't stack it too bad, but there was a bit of a problem with the supports for the cage.

Yes, I'd removed the cage with a hacksaw, but I hadn't filed the stumps of the supports away. As a came off the kart, a sharp support gouged a line through my right arse-cheek that we a good few inches long. Oh, the embarrasment explaining to the parents when I got home (a) why there was a rip in my jeans (b) why I didn't want to sit down and (c) why I had the chassis of a former shopping trolley on the driveway.

Classy.
    Not bad indeed sir.

Had a few beverages under my belt at the time and was on a long walk home down a hill. Happened to stumble on a trolley and thought that If i pushed it I could jump on the back bar and sail down towards home. Turns out the trolley overbalances. Still in pain now.

Yeah, does sound pretty dodge. Does "nan" sound better than grandma?
    Haha, imo no, but whatever works for you I guess.

Work tomorrow may not be much fun. Just over six hours away.

But I felt pretty good about something I did tonight after saying goodbye to my friends. I started dancing with this random couple in another bar. They seemed pretty close. Then the guy disappeared for a while, and this other dodgy guy came in and started dancing really close to the girl, who seemed quite uncomfortable about all this and was telling the guy to **** off. I used my shoulder and barged my way in between she and the dodgy guy until the other guy came back.

A genuinely decent thing to do, instead of meaningless talk (as long as I didn't misinterpret the situation). Unprecedented.

Doesn't change the fact that I'll be hungover as **** at work tomorrow.

I got to drive to work in a thick fog too. That really enhanced the experience.

Today's been a bit of a struggle so far.

Thread Information