Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Protests over Cartoons

Protests over Cartoons

Is Stupid. These so called Protectors of Islam should concentrate on educating themselves and their people. This is just stupid. Burning Embassay, cutting off ties with Denmark, recalling their ambassador etc..are all populist steps.

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Of course it's wrong,i think most people are in agreement with that.

What was the point in this thread?

Well I didn't know most people are in agreement with that..

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Lol,ok then,but judging by the publuic reaction in papers and on the radio aswell as other forums i visit,everyone is evry very angry about the Muslim riots.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum...d.php?t=316627

This whole saga is increadibly petty and pathetic. the cartoons themselves sound petty and crude and the reaction is rather comic. The reaction of the politicians has also been rather iritating with the endless qouting of Voltaire followed by a BUT freedom comes with responsbility getting rather tiresome. In truth though it raises a real isssue about what could be a dangerous split between 2 very different worlds.

God, I'm tired of discussing this. Its getting old, bring on something new!
    Member of LSU (bowl part time pies)

RIP Fardin

PY
    Can I just ask, from an official point of view, that this thread stays mature and people are sensitive to the fact that this is an international forum and act as such.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Pinball Champion!
    It's an interesting and total over reaction.. but it does show you how totally different the cultures are and how doomed any effort to make peace with the more radical islamic nations will never work..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

why are this people demonstrating against Cartoons that bring a bad light on the islam. those people should be demonstrating against terroists who claim to do it in the name of Islam!
    this immensly ****es me off.
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    I just find it funny how a cartoon that probably takes 30 seconds for every pic to cause like weeks of protesting. I think it is rediculous. People should have the right of freedom of speech and drawing in that matter. If people want to publish it let them.

and the weakest of all is that they try to hit back with cartoons over the holocaust. which is lame as the jewsish people have NOTHING to do with it. if you want to take the **** out of us do it about western world. or christianity. but not holocaust

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by kwek
    and the weakest of all is that they try to hit back with cartoons over the holocaust. which is lame as the jewsish people have NOTHING to do with it. if you want to take the **** out of us do it about western world. or christianity. but not holocaust
    It is a question of 'sacrosanct' being attacked. To the muslim, they hold the prophet sacrosanct and depicting him is a sacriledge.... to the west, the holocaust is given the same bloated image and the 'gand dame treatment' of all massacres ( ironically, less jews died than the poles and the gypsies were nearly annihilated...and the deaths during trans-atlantic slave trade voyages far outstrips the holocaust in scale, not to mention the artificially created Bengal famine or the Irish famine..just to give a perspective on how arbitary things are).
    Therefore, it is the most obvious target. Makes sense.

This is my gripe with religion- it really makes the arbitary things far more important than practical and meaningful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Natman20
    I just find it funny how a cartoon that probably takes 30 seconds for every pic to cause like weeks of protesting. I think it is rediculous. People should have the right of freedom of speech and drawing in that matter. If people want to publish it let them.
    Even if it ridicules aspects of a religion and is deeply offensive to followers of that religion?

I agree that it is an overreaction by protesters, but that is a considerable minority, Islam has several million followers.

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_
    Even if it ridicules aspects of a religion and is deeply offensive to followers of that religion?

I agree that it is an overreaction by protesters, but that is a considerable minority, Islam has several million followers.
    I geuss so. But I think they could of just had some quite protests instead of burning buildings and the rest done. Its probably just a select few doing that as well like they say about the terrorists. But to me there are too many select few people doing it.

There have been some quiet protests, quite a few in fact. But they don't make the news.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information