Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere

Pinball Champion!

Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere

I'm surprised at the lack of Christmas hype here in SA..The only clue to it being christmas is the pick and pay till ladies wearing Xmas hats.. I'm loving it because I can't stand all the commercial rubbish that goes along with it in Europe, I guess that just goes along with it being winter there and them having nothing else to do then..

So how do the fellow upside-downers spend the day? Braai or Beach? Somehow the thought of not being indoors watching it p*** down with rain doesn't seem right..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Years gone by a game of driveway or backyard cricket with relatives followed by competitive board games at night. That is, after all the Christmas lunch and gift giving is out of the way

Now it's much quieter here at the household..everyones grown up and moved out!
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    The swimming pool comes in handy for me.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender
    Years gone by a game of driveway or backyard cricket with relatives followed by competitive board games at night. That is, after all the Christmas lunch and gift giving is out of the way

Now it's much quieter here at the household..everyones grown up and moved out!
    Greg have you noticed how theres like **** all decorations and that around town, its a bit strange considering council generally go way over the top with it...

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Depends who I'm with, usually. Standard fare for Australian Christmas is definately barbeque, beer and backyard cricket, though.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    Greg have you noticed how theres like **** all decorations and that around town, its a bit strange considering council generally go way over the top with it...

I know. They used to have those banners on the poles along the main street with tinsel and stuff, right? Apart from that Santa outside the Reject Shop...

Even Myer hasn't got much setup in their store, and it's usually really well done in there.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    Christmas stuff is religious.. Now we wouldn't want to offend other religions by displaying religious material, would we?

I think we should just rename Christmas to something less offensive..

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Christmas is huge. I love it. Everyone gets into the festive mood. The fact companies are out there to make a killing is a bit disappointing, but otherwise it's great.
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Quote Originally Posted by shounak
    Christmas stuff is religious.. Now we wouldn't want to offend other religions by displaying religious material, would we?

I think we should just rename Christmas to something less offensive..
    its the way you look to christmas, to me christmas is a day to get around with family and just be with each other. nothing to do with relegion for me, same with most people I reckon(nowadays)
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Nah, I was joking.. Everyone's trying to be very politcally correct and phase out Christmas because of it's religious element..

I'm from a strong Hindu family and we celebrate Christmas in a big way.. Everyone in the family comes from all over the country, we have a huge Christmas lunch (Turkey, Ham, Christmas Pudding, Alcohol), play heaps of cricket, have a huge Christmas tree and exchange gifts..

Christmas plays a huge part in our family, yet none of us are really concerned about the religious aspect..

It's just a joyous occasion..

Quote Originally Posted by kwek
    its the way you look to christmas, to me christmas is a day to get around with family and just be with each other. nothing to do with relegion for me, same with most people I reckon(nowadays)

Yeah that's what it's like for our family.

Quote Originally Posted by shounak
    Nah, I was joking.. Everyone's trying to be very politcally correct and phase out Christmas because of it's religious element..

I'm from a strong Hindu family and we celebrate Christmas in a big way.. Everyone in the family comes from all over the country, we have a huge Christmas lunch (Turkey, Ham, Christmas Pudding, Alcohol), play heaps of cricket, have a huge Christmas tree and exchange gifts..

Christmas plays a huge part in our family, yet none of us are really concerned about the religious aspect..

It's just a joyous occasion..
    same here roughly (although no cricket :P)

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    How good are Christmas trees? I love the smell. They add another dimension to Christmas.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Christmas is all about one thing, getting free stuff.

But yeah, normally my Christmas and Boxing Days are spent in the pool with all my cousins, and we only come out to have lunch or unwrap presents, or watch the cricket (if it's on Boxing Day).
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    damn its cold here, forst everywhere, nearly snow....brrr, although personally i wouldnt have xmas any other way, having it in the sun would seem a bit alien to me.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information