Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Late night relationships advice, with doctor C.Langeveldt

  1. #1
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    29,565

    Late night relationships advice, with doctor C.Langeveldt

    Hey all

    So, I get on the plane tomorrow, and leave possibly the best thing to happen to me all year behind.. I don't have good timing when it comes to meeting the woman of my dreams!

    So what to do? Everyone's been telling us we won't survive, at the moment we both love each other, but does absence really make the heart grow fonder?? Or does it just make a beautiful woman grow totally impatient and resentful because I can't be there any more..

    Worst thing is, tears at the airport could ruin my uber-cred...

    To be honest, I'm worried and just needed to get that off my chest..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  2. #2
    International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Aust
    Posts
    4,077
    Hey yeah, this sounds hard.

    I had the same thing when I came back to Australia after being in Japan. We didnt break up or anything, and I was full digging her after going out for 6 months, and I still dig her now, but I can still find time to hit someone else, because face it, you both are in different countries.

    So keep her in your heart, but dont forget to live your life. And when you are both re-united, you'll feel better about each other than ever before.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Well Simon and Xavier hit on all the females but the ladies all want Kenny :naughty:
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    all 3 of them?

  3. #3
    International Captain nibbs's Avatar
    Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,875
    what kenny said.
    "Matt Damon"

  4. #4
    Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Testing Forums into the Sunset
    Posts
    8,440
    what kurt said.
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."


  5. #5
    International Debutant DJellett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,786
    What Rob said.
    Dylan Hooper-Jellett
    CWCA Chairman

    Want to be the next Bradman - of the forum?
    Simmed Cricket. Real Fun.
    CricketWeb Cricket - Sign Up Now


    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Melicous? Is that a nasty, yet tasty, comment?

  6. #6
    International Captain nibbs's Avatar
    Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,875
    oh ffs, dj. too far...

  7. #7
    International Vice-Captain SupaFreak2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Jon's house
    Posts
    4,152
    How long you going for? Cause long-distance relationships just don't work out! You can try however hard as you like its just too difficult and then trust comes in as another factor. You should let go of her while you're gone because if you try to keep things going from two different countries it can make things even worse for the two of you.
    Padi ag ofin ton fach unig Sua, sua ar lan y mor Huna blentyn nid oes yma Ddim i roddi iti fraw

  8. #8
    International Debutant DJellett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,786
    OK, next time I will show some tact.

  9. #9
    International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,305
    Isn't your girlfriend like 14 or something dood

  10. #10
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    29,565
    16 lol.. And that makes a big difference!

    Im going for a few months, and then will be off again in 2006 probably... To be honest I don't care what she gets up to here when I'm gone... I could hardly blame her ffs.. . As long as I don't have to know about it, and we are still awesome when I get back, but oh well, we'll see what happens!

    Thanks for the response

  11. #11
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    Friend of mine is trying to deal with going to Uni away from his gf of nearly a year at the moment - they broke up for about two days, but came to the decision that it wasn't worth throwing what they had away because they couldn't be arsed to make the effort to see each other. Your situation is a little different, but it's the same principle - you'll never know how far things could go between the two of you if you just assume that it can't be done.

  12. #12
    Cricketer Of The Year James90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,575
    It's unlikely and no-one seems to believe it can happen but if you love each other enough, are loyal and have strong willpower then it might just work. Don't give up and leave thinking it's over.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

    CricketWeb Black!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

  13. #13
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Hey all

    So, I get on the plane tomorrow, and leave possibly the best thing to happen to me all year behind.. I don't have good timing when it comes to meeting the woman of my dreams!

    So what to do? Everyone's been telling us we won't survive, at the moment we both love each other, but does absence really make the heart grow fonder?? Or does it just make a beautiful woman grow totally impatient and resentful because I can't be there any more..

    Worst thing is, tears at the airport could ruin my uber-cred...

    To be honest, I'm worried and just needed to get that off my chest..
    Make sure u tell her how much u care about her.. Its gonna be hard but u will be back in a few months and so things should be ok as long as you work on it... long distance relationships are hard, theres no denying that but as long as u are patient and work at it, it will be ok! You say shes the girl of ur dreams.. well thats gotta count for something
    Good luck hun *hugs*
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

  14. #14
    Cricketer Of The Year Kweek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Haarlem, The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Good luck hun *hugs*
    Done make Rich's girlfriend jealous!!!! not to speak about your erm...followerd
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

  15. #15
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350
    Quote Originally Posted by kwek
    Done make Rich's girlfriend jealous!!!! not to speak about your erm...followerd
    I doubt that will make her jealous "not to speak about your erm.. followerd "?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 24-04-2004, 01:25 AM
  2. South Australian Crickets Don Bradman Medal Night
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-10-2003, 06:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •