Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Benchmark 00 - Awesome Footy Player?

  1. #1
    Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Testing Forums into the Sunset
    Posts
    8,440

    Benchmark 00 - Awesome Footy Player?

    benchmark00, aka Darren "guys want to be me, girls want to be with me" "Marc" Murphy, just so happens to be online at the moment. Is this him?

    http://www.footydraft.com/players.ph...er=marc_murphy

    Look, he tried out for Murray and didnt make it and everything, and he's not the son of former Fitzroy great John, and the age is wrong, but the name is just so similar. Murphy? Uncommon enough to raise an eyebrow or two

    I remember he made a passing reference about having a friend at the U18 national championships.. it didnt occur to me at the time but Darren's best friend is himself.. go figure.

    Anyway, can anyone confirm this is our very own benchmark?
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

  2. #2
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    I heard everything he touches turns to gold.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  3. #3
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    I heard everything he touches turns to gold.
    No way? I heard different tho...
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

  4. #4
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    Stop calling it "footy" - you fooled me into thinking you were talking about a proper sport.


  5. #5
    International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Same place as the Ashes
    Posts
    5,615
    I hear this kid had a fling with Skillsy

  6. #6
    International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    winchester, england
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    Stop calling it "footy" - you fooled me into thinking you were talking about a proper sport.
    Exactly. I was about to proclaim myself the best footie player on CW. And thats the proper footie mind....
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

    'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS

  7. #7
    International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Same place as the Ashes
    Posts
    5,615
    Ahhhh the rough and ragged world of soccer

  8. #8
    International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    winchester, england
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhmaster
    Ahhhh the rough and ragged world of soccer
    Association football if you would be so kind. I am not accustomed to the western word "soccer".

  9. #9
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by twctopcat
    Association football if you would be so kind. I am not accustomed to the western word "soccer".
    I ****ing hate that word. It's so.......American. They use it because they think they invented "football" - whereas all they do is invent other sports so they can be the best at them, and then call their league the "World Series" because no-one else plays it. We invented football, we decide who calls it what.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    I ****ing hate that word. It's so.......American. They use it because they think they invented "football" - whereas all they do is invent other sports so they can be the best at them, and then call their league the "World Series" because no-one else plays it. We invented football, we decide who calls it what.
    What they do is invent really crap versions of other sports so that no other country wants to play them, so then the yanks become best at these crap sports by default and they then sneak these sports into the olympics, their best players then snub them so they've got an excuse when they then manage to flop against sporting powerhouses like Cuba. The yanks are basically scared of proper international competition in team sports. Even with something like the Ryder Cup they manage to humiliate themselves - imagine if they played proper football, cricket or rugby properly?
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:


    MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

  11. #11
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    - imagine if they played proper football, cricket or rugby properly?
    We all know how their attempt to play cricket last year turned out, don't we?

    (Hint: Astle and McMillan hit them for 110 in 5 overs)

  12. #12
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,480
    dear god...

  13. #13
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    I ****ing hate that word. It's so.......American. They use it because they think they invented "football" - whereas all they do is invent other sports so they can be the best at them, and then call their league the "World Series" because no-one else plays it. We invented football, we decide who calls it what.
    They created their own version of football ie AMERICAN Football which is different to OUR football.. u guys with me so far ... We indeed did invent football or soccer which is totally **** but thats not the point... they created their version we created our version end of story... And just because u dont like it does not mean its crap ok guys?

  14. #14
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    They created their own version of football ie AMERICAN Football which is different to OUR football.. u guys with me so far ... We indeed did invent football or soccer which is totally **** but thats not the point... they created their version we created our version end of story... And just because u dont like it does not mean its crap ok guys?
    So why don't they call AMERICAN Football something else? Every time you talk to an American over here they're surprised when you call football football, and then they act like soccer is the proper name for it.......we're the ones who get to decide. If we suddenly decided to call baseball "bat-ball" or something they'd get in a huff about it too.

  15. #15
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    So why don't they call AMERICAN Football something else? Every time you talk to an American over here they're surprised when you call football football, and then they act like soccer is the proper name for it.......we're the ones who get to decide. If we suddenly decided to call baseball "bat-ball" or something they'd get in a huff about it too.
    No but american football is their game not ours... we have to remember that.. they act surprised because they are so used to calling it soccer they forget that we call it football.. its just a matter of understanding or something

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vic Orthdox - Awesome cricket player?
    By KennyD in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 361
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 06:42 PM
  2. Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick
    By DJellett in forum Battrick
    Replies: 10623
    Last Post: 17-10-2006, 12:20 PM
  3. The GOFF Awards
    By bugssy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 26-09-2005, 02:57 AM
  4. South Australian Crickets Don Bradman Medal Night
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-10-2003, 05:07 AM
  5. Standout player So far this season??
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 05:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •