Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benchmark 00 - Awesome Footy Player?

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar

Benchmark 00 - Awesome Footy Player?

benchmark00, aka Darren "guys want to be me, girls want to be with me" "Marc" Murphy, just so happens to be online at the moment. Is this him?

http://www.footydraft.com/players.ph...er=marc_murphy

Look, he tried out for Murray and didnt make it and everything, and he's not the son of former Fitzroy great John, and the age is wrong, but the name is just so similar. Murphy? Uncommon enough to raise an eyebrow or two

I remember he made a passing reference about having a friend at the U18 national championships.. it didnt occur to me at the time but Darren's best friend is himself.. go figure.

Anyway, can anyone confirm this is our very own benchmark?
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I heard everything he touches turns to gold.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    I heard everything he touches turns to gold.
    No way? I heard different tho...
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Stop calling it "footy" - you fooled me into thinking you were talking about a proper sport.

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    I hear this kid had a fling with Skillsy

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    Stop calling it "footy" - you fooled me into thinking you were talking about a proper sport.
    Exactly. I was about to proclaim myself the best footie player on CW. And thats the proper footie mind....
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Ahhhh the rough and ragged world of soccer

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhmaster
    Ahhhh the rough and ragged world of soccer
    Association football if you would be so kind. I am not accustomed to the western word "soccer".

Quote Originally Posted by twctopcat
    Association football if you would be so kind. I am not accustomed to the western word "soccer".
    I ****ing hate that word. It's so.......American. They use it because they think they invented "football" - whereas all they do is invent other sports so they can be the best at them, and then call their league the "World Series" because no-one else plays it. We invented football, we decide who calls it what.

I ****ing hate that word. It's so.......American. They use it because they think they invented "football" - whereas all they do is invent other sports so they can be the best at them, and then call their league the "World Series" because no-one else plays it. We invented football, we decide who calls it what.
    What they do is invent really crap versions of other sports so that no other country wants to play them, so then the yanks become best at these crap sports by default and they then sneak these sports into the olympics, their best players then snub them so they've got an excuse when they then manage to flop against sporting powerhouses like Cuba. The yanks are basically scared of proper international competition in team sports. Even with something like the Ryder Cup they manage to humiliate themselves - imagine if they played proper football, cricket or rugby properly?
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    - imagine if they played proper football, cricket or rugby properly?
    We all know how their attempt to play cricket last year turned out, don't we?

(Hint: Astle and McMillan hit them for 110 in 5 overs)

dear god...

They created their own version of football ie AMERICAN Football which is different to OUR football.. u guys with me so far ... We indeed did invent football or soccer which is totally **** but thats not the point... they created their version we created our version end of story... And just because u dont like it does not mean its crap ok guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    They created their own version of football ie AMERICAN Football which is different to OUR football.. u guys with me so far ... We indeed did invent football or soccer which is totally **** but thats not the point... they created their version we created our version end of story... And just because u dont like it does not mean its crap ok guys?
    So why don't they call AMERICAN Football something else? Every time you talk to an American over here they're surprised when you call football football, and then they act like soccer is the proper name for it.......we're the ones who get to decide. If we suddenly decided to call baseball "bat-ball" or something they'd get in a huff about it too.

So why don't they call AMERICAN Football something else? Every time you talk to an American over here they're surprised when you call football football, and then they act like soccer is the proper name for it.......we're the ones who get to decide. If we suddenly decided to call baseball "bat-ball" or something they'd get in a huff about it too.
    No but american football is their game not ours... we have to remember that.. they act surprised because they are so used to calling it soccer they forget that we call it football.. its just a matter of understanding or something

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information