Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 91

Thread: The question of Evil

  1. #1
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surbiton, UK
    Posts
    11,699

    The question of Evil

    One of the most common argument against God is the existance of evil. If God is all powerfull but also all loving then how can he alow suffereing and terrible acts to take place? surley this means he is not the omnibolvilant god he is supposed to be. On the other hand if god cant interfere then surley he lacks power? If god is something that creates and then cant interfer then what about miracles and even more fundementaly to christain belief how did he come to earth in the form of jesus?

    Of course the most common rebuttel to this is that God gives us the gift of freewill and created us as imperfect beings and it is our job to resist these evil temptations and reach paradise. But wouldnt a loving god stop people from taking evil actions? this of course poses the othrer fascinating question is hapiness or freedom more important? Then there is the devil that seems to play a more obscure role in my culture (christianity), whare he is not a balance to god but merley a temptation to humans.

  2. #2
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    Which definition of God are you talking about ? The Judeo-Christian God, the Islamic God, the Hindu Gods, the Greek Gods, the Shinto God, etc ?

  3. #3
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surbiton, UK
    Posts
    11,699
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Which definition of God are you talking about ? The Judeo-Christian God, the Islamic God, the Hindu Gods, the Greek Gods, the Shinto God, etc ?
    The judeo-christian God i am perfectly happen to widen the debate it is just that is the definition of God i relate to as i come from a chrisitanity based country

  4. #4
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    The Judeo Christian God, by his own 'book' ( Bible) is a total evil despotic idiot against whom even hitler appears to be a saint. So by Judeo-Christian definition, you dont need a Satan- you already got Jehovah!


  5. #5
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surbiton, UK
    Posts
    11,699
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    The Judeo Christian God, by his own 'book' ( Bible) is a total evil despotic idiot against whom even hitler appears to be a saint. So by Judeo-Christian definition, you dont need a Satan- you already got Jehovah!
    That is a pretty imature responce really i mean yes the God in the old testament is tyrent that you in many ways would excpect from a ruler of that time. however I do happen too think that that the traditional christian god is an old fashioned throwback to the age of kings whare people worshiped and felt inferior to others.

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,201
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    The Judeo Christian God, by his own 'book' ( Bible) is a total evil despotic idiot against whom even hitler appears to be a saint. So by Judeo-Christian definition, you dont need a Satan- you already got Jehovah!
    Hey, arsewipe. Would you care to start again without the biased, baseless sh*te you're spouting and try to put forth your flame bait a little less like the bitter little nob you are?

  7. #7
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    Btw- i dont view the existance of evil as a contradiction towards the existance of God.
    In nature, we find that everything exists in a balance and as such, logically, there should be a balance between what we call 'good' and 'evil'- as long as the good guys have a lil advantage, i am happy with it.

  8. #8
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Hey, arsewipe. Would you care to start again without the biased, baseless sh*te you're spouting and try to put forth your flame bait a little less like the bitter little nob you are?
    Its not a flamebait, i can justify my opinion that the Judeo-Christian God is a total tyrant psychopath-basically a worse version of Hitler with unlimited power. I can justify it from the bible itself.
    I would think that genocide, racism, favouritism, inconsistency, etc. all fit the definition of a total tyrant and psychopath.
    And you are the one sounding in denial and a bitter lil knob here.....i drew a conclusion- a rather direct, no holds barred conclusion that is justified by the most basic definition of decency, common sense and compassion. The Judeo Christian God is nothing more than a petulant child with serious mental problems and unlimited power to me. Very much like one of those archetypal young ceasarions that grew up without proper supervision.
    Last edited by C_C; 15-09-2005 at 04:13 PM.

  9. #9
    PY
    PY is offline
    International Coach PY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    10,736
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    The Judeo Christian God, by his own 'book' ( Bible) is a total evil despotic idiot against whom even hitler appears to be a saint. So by Judeo-Christian definition, you dont need a Satan- you already got Jehovah!
    That's pretty tactless to be honest mate and not the least bit insulting to quite a few people including myself.

    Your efforts at a next post are probably as horrific. I think it also shows a deep lack of understanding of the Bible with what you say, I don't mind (don't like but different things) people saying they don't believe in it but to say what you say and try and say that's based on the Bible shows IMO a lack of knowledge. I'm not going to go into a full debate because it's pretty obvious that it won't go anywhere with your stance and attitude.

    I've had plenty of good debates with people on here and I'd like to think that they don't regard me as a complete idiot and I've always respected their beliefs and I'd ask that you respect mine as well.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

    - Stephen Currie

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

  10. #10
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    Please.
    Why does everyone who disagree with your viewpoint automtically boils down to 'you dont understand it enough?' FYI, i have read the bible and i think- respectfully i might add- that it is an inconsistent book that paints a very poor picture of this so-called 'God'. If you want me to debate theology with you, i have no problems with it. I dont make up my mind without researching the topic and i wont claim to be a bible scholar- but i have read it more thoroughly and debated it more thoroughly than most christians.You can begin by explaining why i should consider worshipping some entity who is racist, is a genocider and swings back and forth between kindness and utter brutality. I would also like to know why i should worship an entity that is so insecure in his/its/hers power to demand meaningless worship.
    And one last thing- i respect your right to believe in anything you want. You canYou can start worshipping Snow white and her seven dwarves..but i still think that it is crap.
    Last edited by C_C; 15-09-2005 at 05:24 PM.

  11. #11
    Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Testing Forums into the Sunset
    Posts
    8,440
    Not believing in God, I really have nothing to say (except that C_C has managed to outdo himself again )
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

  12. #12
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas
    One of the most common argument against God is the existance of evil.
    ...the most common argument against god is the lack of any credible proof about the existence of god...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,201
    As opposed to the huge piles of evidence that God doesn't exist?

  14. #14
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,823
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    As opposed to the huge piles of evidence that God doesn't exist?
    absolutely..so glad you got the point!!!

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,201
    Like what?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Never Ending Question Game
    By NikhilN in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3183
    Last Post: 25-04-2008, 05:10 PM
  2. Most Evil Person To Have Lived?
    By PommieMacGill in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-05-2005, 09:41 PM
  3. A big question
    By nibbs in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 06:43 AM
  4. Mike Burns Online
    By jf2001 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-07-2003, 03:03 PM
  5. Question
    By R_Powell_fan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 20-12-2002, 07:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •