Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stick it to them Day

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar

Stick it to them Day

PASS THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW BECAUSE THE PRICE OF PETROL IS A JOKE AT THE MOMENT

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN AUSTRALIA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE
    INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE, SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO ??

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING SUPPLIES, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC.

WHO PAYS IN THE END ??
    WE DO !!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    current petrol prices in australia???
    "Matt Damon"

As high as $1.20 a litre.

seen them up at $1.30

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    yeah they seem between 1.20 and 1.30 atm, 50c of which is tax...
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

If this actually works I don't think it'll have the effect you think it will. People will just fill up their tanks the day before. You'll get a whole bunch of people filling up, using up their stockpiles and Sep 1st will probably just be restocking day.

It's not as if you're boycotting petrol, everyone needs it. So the amount consumed will be about the same. But it may be a bit of a pain in the ars e for the companies though.

Gas is the best. Run my commodore on gas, a month ago I could fill up for $18 and it'd last me 90% of what a petrol tank gives. Gas conversions are now up 20-30% for obvious reasons. So you can tell em where to go, by converting to dual fuel..

exactly it's a pain in the ****, something they don't expect and shows them people power.

Quote Originally Posted by shounak
    If this actually works I don't think it'll have the effect you think it will. People will just fill up their tanks the day before. You'll get a whole bunch of people filling up, using up their stockpiles and Sep 1st will probably just be restocking day.

It's not as if you're boycotting petrol, everyone needs it. So the amount consumed will be about the same. But it may be a bit of a pain in the ars e for the companies though.

Gas is the best. Run my commodore on gas, a month ago I could fill up for $18 and it'd last me 90% of what a petrol tank gives. Gas conversions are now up 20-30% for obvious reasons. So you can tell em where to go, by converting to dual fuel..
    I think the point is that if you get public transport, or ride a bike, or use some other form of transport for a day and don't use any fuel, then that is a day's worth of petrol lost for oil companies - and more importantly, a day's worth of taxes lost to the government, so we can get the message through to them.

Although they'd just try to find a sneaky way of jacking them up to make up for the lost windfall

Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    exactly it's a pain in the ****, something they don't expect and shows them people power.
    At least 10 million people acting in unison? I don't see it happening. But I still support it.

One thing though. The companies will almost certainly see this message, they may raise prices before the day and have them low on the day. It's a strategy that may work.

Is this for real though?

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Yeah, single day boycotts simply don't work. The companies will just make up whatever losses they suffer in the following week as people purchase extra petrol to make up for the day off. The only way this sort of boycott could work would be if everybody was encouraged to avoid using petrol all the time as much as possible, which isn't going to happen because people who don't need to drive cars still do so for convenience.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    OH COME ON, shounak. stop being such a lackey

it's worth a crack but. i just got an email and the only way to get it going is to tell all your friends. if at least everyone in aus gets an email about it then we'll be right

http://hcgtv.com/item/215

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group...s/message/1026

Typical Australia, following the lead of the US of A. Why am I not suprised?

4.6 Billion for the USA. Does that mean the same for Australia?

woah man u're a bit've a pooper in my opinion.

Who cares if we're copying them tbh

Quote Originally Posted by nibbs
    OH COME ON, shounak. stop being such a lackey
    OK Nibbs. I'm on board. I'm gonna catch a bus today. Wait, what do buses run on? Hmmmm. Maybe I'll walk all the way to uni..

Even better, take advantage of the empty roads to go nuts. Hopefully no cop cars will be out, just mounted police and push bike police. And as if they can catch me on an empty road.

Speeding Day.. MMMMMM

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information