Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 130

Thread: Bali Courts Loose the Plot

  1. #1
    Cricketer Of The Year bugssy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    8,213

    Bali Courts Loose the Plot

    i am sorry to say but seriously bali has lost the plot.

    I lost 6 mates in the bali bombings from the coogee dolphins from terrorist bombers yet yesterday for the 60yr anniversary they had there already lenient jail sentences cut some more time, some up to 4 .5 months. these are people that killed over 200 ppl all up and over 80 australians....

    yet a girl that was caught with 4kg of marjuna was given 20 years......is it just me or am i misisng the punch line here.....


    if you kill hundreds of ppl you get a max of 30 months which then will get reduced each year, however smuggle something that you can grow and you get 20 years....

    i just can not comprehend the logic to bali...and i refuse to accept the punishment for those (bites tongue) bad ppl ...........
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame Member age_master's Avatar
    Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    15,777
    courts in bali never had the plot.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

  3. #3
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    I hear that
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    The sentencing gets reduced because most of the ones caught in the bali bombings were minor accessories to the bombings- the main mastermind is still at large. The people who are getting their sentencing reduced are ones who supplied information about the security detail, helped procrure some chemicals, etc etc. As such, for a lot of those crimes, one can easily plead ' i didnt know what they were for- he said they were for something else, not for making a bomb' and the prosecution would be pretty stumped.
    I know it sucks but legalease is a quagmire of tenuous logic.


  5. #5
    Cricketer Of The Year bugssy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    8,213
    the head of the terrorist cell got done abu bakir what ever his name is he only got 30 months
    which gets reduced each year anyway .

  6. #6
    International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,955
    Quote Originally Posted by bugssy
    the head of the terrorist cell got done abu bakir what ever his name is he only got 30 months
    which gets reduced each year anyway .
    Not enough proof linking him to the bombings AFAIK. The actual bombers wouldn't be let off that easily - Indonesians were killed as well y'know. If you look at actual facts rather than letting emotion cloud your judgement you'd see they aren't as bad as the media would have you believe.

  7. #7
    Cricketer Of The Year bugssy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    8,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa
    Not enough proof linking him to the bombings AFAIK. The actual bombers wouldn't be let off that easily - Indonesians were killed as well y'know. If you look at actual facts rather than letting emotion cloud your judgement you'd see they aren't as bad as the media would have you believe.

    hahaha funny you say that consdiering i work for one of the largest media organisations around.............

    also you make a bomb over here i can gtee you that you would get more than what you would being caught with some grass on ya these days!
    Last edited by bugssy; 18-08-2005 at 12:54 AM.

  8. #8
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by bugssy
    i am sorry to say but seriously bali has lost the plot.

    I lost 6 mates in the bali bombings from the coogee dolphins from terrorist bombers yet yesterday for the 60yr anniversary they had there already lenient jail sentences cut some more time, some up to 4 .5 months. these are people that killed over 200 ppl all up and over 80 australians....

    yet a girl that was caught with 4kg of marjuna was given 20 years......is it just me or am i misisng the punch line here.....


    if you kill hundreds of ppl you get a max of 30 months which then will get reduced each year, however smuggle something that you can grow and you get 20 years....

    i just can not comprehend the logic to bali...and i refuse to accept the punishment for those (bites tongue) bad ppl ...........
    Apparently this occurs every year, and this particular year the time taken off sentences is greater because Indonesia are celebrating 60 years of independence fron Colonial rule.

    I think I read that it's only for those whose sentences are resolved, and who have exhibited good behaviour. I believe that Corby was excepted because she is in the middle of an appeal. Nutjob bomber Imam Samudra didn't get any time cut either, because he won't stop ranting.

    That's the logic of it anyway - I'm not sure as to how consistently it's all applied. I can see why people would be offended, though.
    "Youre known for having a liking for men who look like women."
    - Linda

    "FFS I'm sick and tired of having to see a bloke bend over to pick something up or lean over and see their arse crack. For christ's sake pull your pants up or buy some underpants you bogan because nobody want's to see it. And this is a boat building shed (well one of them) not a porn studio."
    - Craig

  9. #9
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,362
    We're assuming that Corby is innocent here aren't we? There are instances in Australia of a Japanese woman spending something like 15 years in prison for having Heroin found in her luggage, which she claims to this day was planted. I'm not 100% sure of all the facts in that particular case, it was on Hack (JJJ 5:30pm weeknights) a couple of months ago.

    While I think it stinks that accessories to the bombings are given light sentences, they should not be compared to Corby.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain



    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

    I'm Green

    The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

  10. #10
    Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Testing Forums into the Sunset
    Posts
    8,440
    Ridiculous, in my opinion. Weak, very weak
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

  11. #11
    Cricketer Of The Year bugssy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    8,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    We're assuming that Corby is innocent here aren't we? There are instances in Australia of a Japanese woman spending something like 15 years in prison for having Heroin found in her luggage, which she claims to this day was planted. I'm not 100% sure of all the facts in that particular case, it was on Hack (JJJ 5:30pm weeknights) a couple of months ago.

    While I think it stinks that accessories to the bombings are given light sentences, they should not be compared to Corby.

    yer fair point ok let me put this to you

    say the bali bombings happened here in sydney or australia, i let you decide what you think the outcome would have been but i rekon it wouldnt be what it is over there that i can g'tee you.........

  12. #12
    Cricketer Of The Year bugssy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    8,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertinho
    Ridiculous, in my opinion. Weak, very weak

    what is weak matey!

  13. #13
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,362
    Quote Originally Posted by bugssy
    yer fair point ok let me put this to you

    say the bali bombings happened here in sydney or australia, i let you decide what you think the outcome would have been but i rekon it wouldnt be what it is over there that i can g'tee you.........
    Yeah, I see your point. But, you have to understand it is cultural difference and the law is the law. Some of the laws that we have in Australia many people from other countries/races may not agree, and vice verca. And how often have people who were innocent been put away and people who were guilty let go because of some technicality in the law? It happens all around the world, if we are just going to focus on the Bali bombings, then perhaps we also need to look deeper into other injustices happening in our own country (especially) and abroad.

  14. #14
    Cricketer Of The Year bugssy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    8,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Yeah, I see your point. But, you have to understand it is cultural difference and the law is the law. Some of the laws that we have in Australia many people from other countries/races may not agree, and vice verca. And how often have people who were innocent been put away and people who were guilty let go because of some technicality in the law? It happens all around the world, if we are just going to focus on the Bali bombings, then perhaps we also need to look deeper into other injustices happening in our own country (especially) and abroad.
    '

    mate i agree however when u loose 6 mates its a little hard to if ya know what i mean.............

  15. #15
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,362
    Quote Originally Posted by bugssy
    '

    mate i agree however when u loose 6 mates its a little hard to if ya know what i mean.............
    Well, I can't say I do, because I haven't been in that situation, but I guess I can understand why you would feel so strongly about the situation.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bali 9 to face the death penalty
    By Craig in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-09-2006, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •