Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Advancement of Man Kind

State Vice-Captain Umpire Money's Avatar

The Advancement of Man Kind

I read somewhere(because somewhere is always right) that NASA will be shut down and not funded by the year 2010.

Im not sure about anyone else but is this stupid. How are we going to advance man to find weird and distant places to advance mankind. Isnt that why we are all alive.

We are about to kill this planet and no one seems to care but i was wondering shouldnt we care about trying somewhere to find some other planet to house the billions that will probably die.

Who is going to go on with the Space program?? Russia haha maybe Wallace and Grommit are onto something with their spaceship.

Maybe its just me I dont know.
    You have just read a post from Jason Pike, he is what you wish you were

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    I don't know about the wisdom in shutting them down but when I was in science and had dealings with NASA, the phrase "What are you guys smoking and GIMME SOME!" came to mind after reading a lot of the work to come out of there........
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    do we really need to go out into space beyond earths orbit? it might be interesting but is it worth the billions that is spent putting a shuttle into space? couldn't that money be better spent? ofcourse it wont actually be but in theory it could be
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

State Vice-Captain Umpire Money's Avatar
    I would like to think that people dont always think of themselves(I'm pretty much way off here) but I reckon we need to go places we have never been. Boldly go where no bald man has boldly gone before...boldly.

Astronauts are the new explorers the new Charles Darwins, Colombus' you know.

The fact that NASA seems to be going backwards doesnt mean a thing I just think you know we should be on Mars by now we were promised by the movies.

It'd be awesome to discover other intelligent life ... however, we most likely won't be around to see it and therefore I don't care

I would like to know how much a year gets funded into NASA every year. Man I could have some awesome parties 24/7 at my joint (you would all be invited) with even 25% of what gets funded.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

I'd bet if the money from NASA was put into humanitarian projects like helping third-world nations, the earth would be a much better plac in which to live

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I would like to know how much a year gets funded into NASA every year. Man I could have some awesome parties 24/7 at my joint (you would all be invited) with even 25% of what gets funded.
    NASA gets over US$16 billion per year. I'm sure you don't need $4 billion just to have parties 24/7...

Quote Originally Posted by Umpire Money
    We are about to kill this planet and no one seems to care but i was wondering shouldnt we care about trying somewhere to find some other planet to house the billions that will probably die.
    Taking the line that others have used, couldn't the massive amount of money spent on NASA be used on development of energy sources that won't "kill the planet"?

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    ffs. The polar ice caps are gonna melt and most of the world's population will be wiped out within the next 100 years. That's really quite disconcerting imo.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    i doubt tat will happen tbh.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by thierry henry
    ffs. The polar ice caps are gonna melt and most of the world's population will be wiped out within the next 100 years. That's really quite disconcerting imo.
    the most disconcerting thing is that any moment now george bush and his cronies can wipe out the world with a push of a button or a phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    I'm not surprised by age's archaic views on exploring the universe. Religious wacko, kiddy fiddler (joking about the second one!). It must be done, humans would still be in the stone age if it weren't for daring exploration into the unknown, in truth the earth will inevitably be raped and plundered to the point of no return, why not find extra-terrestrial habitats?
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Pinball Champion!
    Wouldn't the billions of pounds saved be better off trying to fix this world? If it was my call, the space programme wouldnt even exist..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertinho
    the earth will inevitably be raped
    now that is desperate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information