Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Schoolday Memories

Best Schoolday Memories

Still being a schoolkid, I have so many great experiences at school that I am sure I will cherish when it is all gone. Teachers, mates, etc that i will look back at in a few years and reminisce about

What are some of your best schoolday memories ?

Hope this thread gets off the ground

International Regular King_Ponting's Avatar
    Memories from year 12..... filled with missed oppurtunities. Realising that i could have soooooooooo much more fun in years 1-11...... only discovering alcohol in year 8, why couldnt it have been earlier.

At primary school, I remember:

- playing cricket on the tennis courts with an automatic keeper in place because of the stumps painted on the wall.
    - massive games of bullrush at Hukanui Primary School in Hamilton
    - digging and building forts on a little hillside up the back of Hukanui Primary
    - knee rugby against my mate at his house

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    So many good memories, and the odd bad one!!
    Playing bulldog on the field, ruining a lot of trousers and shirts in the process.
    Being sent outside in almost every tutor group session. PE with women at the age of 13 suddenly being a different proposition altogether.
    The whole thing being so damn easy!!!
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    At our school you got different colour cards for different forms of indiscipline.

A blue card was for minor things like not wearing the school badge or coming late frequently etc.

A red card was for more serious forms of misdemeanor such as being rude to a teacher or repeating a blue card violation.

A yellow card was for the worst kind of indiscipline such as abusing a teacher making a public nuisance of oneself etc.

When one got a card, one had to wear a band of the same colour on one's arm for the whole week and also at the time of the morning assembly one had to stand on a platform next to the principal facing the entire assembly.

Once I had all three cards in the same week. I proudly tied all three bands on my arm very neatly and stood at the platform grinning like a cheshire cat and never came late for the entire week lest I miss the honour

Even after forty years every time I remember this it never fails to bring a smile to my face !

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Haha yeh, it's always good to be the rebal in trouble.

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Oh yeah, getting heaps of trouble, that is great fun during and afterwards, it's the trouble that suckks balls
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Breakout Champion!
    Most of my memories are bad ones...so I'll just go now

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Awesome memories

Pre-Shanghai, there were:
    Playing cricket at lunch (with stumps painted on wall just like Voltman)
    Getting cricket bats banned from my school after (accidentally) sending a girl to hospital with one
    Playing 'hand cricket' at lunch

Shanghai:
    Every day
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

I enjoyed playing cricket in PE, I was actually quite good when playing against people who had never played before! Took a hat-trick and scored 36* in one game, was quite pleased with that.

I also loved the bench that my group of friends sat on every lunchtime (apart from rainy days) for the last three years or so of high school. It was across the courtyard from the toilet, in our immature years we timed people in the toilet on our stopwatches...we did become a bit more mature than that eventually.

I walk past that school on my way to uni every day, that bench has been dug up to make room for new classrooms being built

Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    Awesome memories

Pre-Shanghai, there were:
    Playing cricket at lunch (with stumps painted on wall just like Voltman)
    Getting cricket bats banned from my school after (accidentally) sending a girl to hospital with one
    Playing 'hand cricket' at lunch

Shanghai:
    Every day
    Should you have sent her with an ambulance instead?

The most vivid memory of my school days is the total, endless, and utter boredom. Not a period to look back upon with too much fondness.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    At our school you got different colour cards for different forms of indiscipline.

A blue card was for minor things like not wearing the school badge or coming late frequently etc.

A red card was for more serious forms of misdemeanor such as being rude to a teacher or repeating a blue card violation.

A yellow card was for the worst kind of indiscipline such as abusing a teacher making a public nuisance of oneself etc.

When one got a card, one had to wear a band of the same colour on one's arm for the whole week and also at the time of the morning assembly one had to stand on a platform next to the principal facing the entire assembly.

Once I had all three cards in the same week. I proudly tied all three bands on my arm very neatly and stood at the platform grinning like a cheshire cat and never came late for the entire week lest I miss the honour

Even after forty years every time I remember this it never fails to bring a smile to my face !
    SJS, can't quite picture you as a rebel

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS

Yellow worse than red? Nonsense...

As for me...not much. Got my best friends outside of school. I remember getting a "girlfriend" in my first year at school, though...(you know, 7-year-olds do it because everyone older than them do)
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Pinball Champion!
    - Stealing the keys from the catering office, getting them cut (yes our own copies).. So we effectively had access to every door/cupboard/fridge in the school, limitless food, drink, etc. For a whole year

- Getting made head of the Naval Cadet section at college was ace

- Sailing, powerboating, and playing badminton with the AA chick for all of five years.. I guess people don't forget about the first girl they fancy.. Quite cool that I still see her a bit

- "Feeling the storm" Whenever we had a thunderstorm we would all run down to the rugby fields, turn on the sprinklers, and slide down the banks, on chests or bodyboards.. Absolutely awesome.

- Prank calls, absolutely hilarious. We had a guy with hilarious talents for doing numerous different voices.. Sometimes in the same convo.. . We recorded them and made a CD and they are available in mp3 format for anyone who wants them over MSN..

- Oh, and carrying hundreds of pounds of alcohol up in cricket bags most nights... Sixth form life was just the best thing..
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 10-08-2005 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information